Notices
Health & Wellness Personal Training, Cycling, Running, Nutrition, & More Discussion Forum

The Official TS Workout & Nutrition Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 03:51 PM
Teamspeed Pro
big_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond repute
I've never been to a class if that's what you mean. I got the book "Real Men Do Yoga" years ago because it had Eddie George on the front. He credits yoga for his durability and lack of injuries. I also got some videos to check form.

As with anything else, there is good and bad to it. Some people think the point is to meet a flexibility goal or do difficult poses. IMO that will get you hurt. I think you should do what you can to progress reasonably and be healthy.

Originally Posted by cstroked
Have you ever done regular yoga? My flexibility could use some work. I would feel teh ghey but I do have some friends who have done it and know a few football players who have... They say it works which has me curious about it.

ps 245x10 is a shit ton of weight

Old 02-20-2012, 03:54 PM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
Have you ever done regular yoga? My flexibility could use some work. I would feel teh ghey but I do have some friends who have done it and know a few football players who have... They say it works which has me curious about it.

ps 245x10 is a shit ton of weight
Indeed.... I guess that's what you lift during a whole workout.....mang!

Old 02-20-2012, 04:59 PM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
Originally Posted by JC919
I did yoga for two years in college. Even got laid from being in the class.
SMU FTW
Originally Posted by big_slacker
I've never been to a class if that's what you mean. I got the book "Real Men Do Yoga" years ago because it had Eddie George on the front. He credits yoga for his durability and lack of injuries. I also got some videos to check form.

As with anything else, there is good and bad to it. Some people think the point is to meet a flexibility goal or do difficult poses. IMO that will get you hurt. I think you should do what you can to progress reasonably and be healthy.
Definitely. I would just like something to enhance my flexibility/durability for sure. I'd just be interested in fitness benefits. Will have to look into it I guess.
Originally Posted by strebo
Indeed.... I guess that's what you lift during a whole workout.....mang!
Speaking of "poses"...

Old 02-20-2012, 05:00 PM
Banned
bmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond repute
Yoga is good shit. I highly recommend it. Downward Dog FTW!!!

Old 02-20-2012, 05:19 PM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
Look at those muscular legs!!!11!111

Old 02-20-2012, 05:28 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
Yoga pants ftw

Attached Images  
Old 02-20-2012, 05:49 PM
Nutcrusher
Originally Posted by JC919
Yoga pants ftw
Amen.

Old 02-20-2012, 05:57 PM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
Sidenote: Am I the only one who finds it incredibly distracting when hot chicks are flaunting their shit around the gym like that? I have such a love/hate relationship with hot chicks in the gym

Old 02-20-2012, 06:06 PM
Nutcrusher
Sidenote: Am I the only one who finds it incredibly distracting when hot chicks are flaunting their shit around the gym like that? I have such a love/hate relationship with hot chicks in the gym
I have hot chick friends telling me they hate it when dudes stare at them at the gym. Then I ask what they wear and they're basically wearing the same as she above. Then I try to explain to them that If you don't want people staring at your shit, wear different clothes.

As hot as they look, when I'm at the gym I'm doing work. I'm not there to stare at chicks.

Old 02-20-2012, 10:01 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by strebo
As hot as they look, when I'm at the gym I'm doing work. I'm not there to stare at chicks.
Probably the only reason I go to the gym

Quick Reply: The Official TS Workout & Nutrition Thread