Notices
Health & Wellness Personal Training, Cycling, Running, Nutrition, & More Discussion Forum

The Official TS Workout & Nutrition Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2011, 02:40 PM
Banned
bmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by h20skier
What in the hell is wrong with being 40 something....sheesh you comment like it's a plague.

I think the problem with many workouts is people do it half ass and the instructors just don't give a shit.

I've never tried Crossfit it looks like it could be fun. I've got a good friend that does it down here and he tells me it's good as well.

Wish I had time.
You were complaining two pages ago that the workouts were too short LOL!!!!

Edit: and the 40-something reference was for you guys that may try and use the "i'm not quite what I used to be excuse"

Old 10-28-2011, 02:44 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bmoores
You were complaining two pages ago that the workouts were too short LOL!!!!

Edit: and the 40-something reference was for you guys that may try and use the "i'm not quite what I used to be excuse"
What I meant was I can't add anything else to my life. I'm booked. I squeeze in the run/bike/2 day a week trainer exercising to a schedule that doesn't allow it honestly.

I was saying the the 20 minutes seemed like a waste but you told me that you get warmed up and stretch and stuff prior to.

Old 10-28-2011, 02:53 PM
Photographer Extraordinaire
atomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond repute
Have you thought about creating a family type of workout where you all can work out together? I think Crossfit actually has something like that for the whole family. Just something to think about.

Old 10-28-2011, 03:04 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by atomic80
Have you thought about creating a family type of workout where you all can work out together? I think Crossfit actually has something like that for the whole family. Just something to think about.
LOL
Yes it would be easy to have all 5 of us in one place at one time.

You crack me up. Crap I can barely get us all to eat a dinner together at the same time.

Old 10-28-2011, 03:25 PM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
did some dips in my workout today 4x5 with two 45lb plates attached to the weight belt. I was happy about that.

now if only I could do 4x5 wide grip pull ups with that much weight!

Old 10-28-2011, 04:54 PM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by big_slacker
Yeah, I'm not opposed to metcon work (although I wouldn't make it my primary focus) but if I were to get into crossfit I'd definitely choose a gym (or box, whatever) where the instructors yelled at you about form instead of finishing.
No one in Crossfit would recommend training with someone who places a premium on finishing fast over concern for the athletes form and possible injuries. In Crossfit the athlete gets taught proper form, no way around it. Met con times are up to the athlete and no one else. The athlete's choice to sacrifice form for those few seconds is NOT reflective of the experience. Working with proper form and high intensity in the given time domain is what Crossfit is about.

Old 10-28-2011, 04:56 PM
Photographer Extraordinaire
atomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alex
No one in Crossfit would recommend training with someone who places a premium on finishing fast over concern for the athletes form and possible injuries. In Crossfit the athlete gets taught proper form, no way around it. Met con times are up to the athlete and no one else. The athlete's choice to sacrifice form for those few seconds is NOT reflective of the experience. Working with proper form and high intensity in the given time domain is what Crossfit is about.
Well said, sir.

Old 10-28-2011, 07:39 PM
I love my DUCKS!
eddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond repute
Went and lifted three times this week, feel good

Old 10-28-2011, 10:58 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Ag Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond repute
Rode 15 miles on the mtb this evening followed by some upper body free weights. Did a couple days of hiit earlier this week. I'm in pretty good shape for my wedding next Saturday. Hope to keep it going after the honeymoon!

Old 10-28-2011, 11:21 PM
Teamspeed Pro
big_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond repute
I'm sure no crossfit coach would say they place times over form or injury or have bad intentions. I'm just saying that if you practice like the vids that are out there over time you're gonna get hurt. Maybe the regular workouts are different than people going for max time in vids.

I'd personally never do skill lifts (like olympic lifts) or more "dangerous" lifts (deads) in a high intensity style workout. Too much bad potential.

I'm almost sounding like an xfit hater which I'm not. I like their all round fitness philosophy. I've always believed in being strong but also able to run to catch a bus without having a heart attack. I just wince when I see some of the vids and hope it truly isn't what happens to regular joe's who go in to get in shape.

Originally Posted by Alex

Quick Reply: The Official TS Workout & Nutrition Thread