Notices
Health & Wellness Personal Training, Cycling, Running, Nutrition, & More Discussion Forum

The Official TS Workout & Nutrition Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 12:13 AM
Teamspeed Pro
big_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond repute
Cheat day tomorrow! I'm not going as bad as last time. I've got a large chocolate bar, cpk pizza and I plan on teriyaki chicken (brown rice) and beer for dinner.

Old 04-28-2012, 03:36 AM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by big_slacker
Cheat day tomorrow! I'm not going as bad as last time. I've got a large chocolate bar, cpk pizza and I plan on teriyaki chicken (brown rice) and beer for dinner.
Haha, I read "Chest day tomorrow!" and then I read the rest and was like "Wtf is he on about? This does not make sense!"

I'm going to hit the gym in a couple of hours and then It's weekend for me.

Old 04-28-2012, 09:16 AM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Detailer
keeping my overall caloric intake down at around 1400-1500.
your body will be or most likely is in starvation mode and your metabolic rate is drastically reduced...way too low kcal intake

Old 04-28-2012, 09:37 AM
Teamspeed Pro
big_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ECB
your body will be or most likely is in starvation mode and your metabolic rate is drastically reduced...way too low kcal intake
Lots of people have results using cals that low on CKD, but there is a carb up day every 3rd to avoid the starvation more. Long term though yeah I'd say that's way low for an active male. I've done weight cutting diets for a week at 1800 and it's not a lot of fun.

Old 04-28-2012, 09:54 AM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GLN
Thanks guys!

I eat relatively healthy through the week, but still drink heavily, and eat out during the weekends (sushi w white rice, Indian food, etc etc)

Just out of curiosity, what bf% do you think I am at? I see what the two scales I use say, and what I think I am, but from an outsiders perspective.
I'm sorry Yon but I've got no idea of your bf-levels. I've never checked mine and I don't have any "reference-point".

Old 04-28-2012, 10:05 AM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by big_slacker
I've done weight cutting diets for a week at 1800 and it's not a lot of fun.
you can do that if you take gear to preserve muscle and add T3/T4 to keep the metabolism up...
other than that you`ll look like a cyclist after the TDF at the end of the diet

but it`s stupid anyways...
your energy levels are so low that the workouts are gonna be shit every single time..
rather take your time and do it smart

Old 04-28-2012, 10:56 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Not BB or looks related, cutting for a match. Scale weight only matters. I did 2 a day workouts and energy was fine. Fruit before, small amount of oatmeal with protein after. Everything else was low carb.

7 lbs in 7 days, then cut water. Easy to get 10-15 lbs like this depending on your starting weight and target. Lots of guys cut a lot more. But again, this is not and shouldn't be used for general health or fitness as it won't do much for you in those respects.

Originally Posted by ECB
you can do that if you take gear to preserve muscle and add T3/T4 to keep the metabolism up...

your energy levels are so low that the workouts are gonna be shit every single time..

Old 04-28-2012, 07:11 PM
Teamspeed Member
Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by ECB

Sorry guys, I was reading and was like what are these guys on that my intake is to low....I re-read my post and noticed why.

This is what happens when your talking whilst typing hahaha.

currently its 2400-2500 not 1400-1500. So is actually a little high for dropping kilos but I am trying to preserve as much muscle as possible and even slightly build whilst losing the BF.

Have you ever used T3/T4 ECB? did you notice an effect on quicker recovery or anything?

Old 04-28-2012, 07:22 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by Detailer
Sorry guys, I was reading and was like what are these guys on that my intake is to low....I re-read my post and noticed why.

This is what happens when your talking whilst typing hahaha.

currently its 2400-2500 not 1400-1500. So is actually a little high for dropping kilos but I am trying to preserve as much muscle as possible and even slightly build whilst losing the BF.

Have you ever used T3/T4 ECB? did you notice an effect on quicker recovery or anything?
ok,..way better

T3/T4 are thyroid hormones,..not for enhanced recovery or similar

I don`t advocate the use of illegal substances and taken by itself without muscle protection it simply burns away everything,..
T3 being the active one

so better leave it alone.

not needed imo

Old 04-28-2012, 11:13 PM
Teamspeed Member
Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Ok, I was under the understanding the T3 is that it is a major player in the protein synthesis game, therefor would aid in processing proteins for muscle repair and energy, no?

Last edited by Detailer; 04-28-2012 at 11:19 PM.

Quick Reply: The Official TS Workout & Nutrition Thread