Notices
Health & Wellness Personal Training, Cycling, Running, Nutrition, & More Discussion Forum

The Official TS Workout & Nutrition Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2011, 10:21 AM
Photographer Extraordinaire
atomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bmoores
Glad you are sticking with it Jason. We had a monster yesterday as well. Nothing will ever top the 9/11 WOD we did though. I still have nightmares about it.

It's probably possible. I'm not sure of J's athletic abilities though.

You should give Crossfit a try Mark I think you'd really enjoy it. Definitely a Type A personality thing IMO. What JT isn't saying is that in addition to the 20 minute WOD you typically do a warm up which would be a workout in most peoples book as well as skill/strength work inbetween the too. Stay tuned for pics of Lauren next week. She has her bikini comp after 4 months of only doing Crossfit. 3 hours a week. The results are INSANE. I'm still trying to find any fat that may be left.
9/11 WOD? This I have to see...what is it? Can you find a description of it?

I agree with Ben on this...it's quick and short (usually 40-60 minutes depending on the WOD) so it might fit into your busy schedule. It's very competitive too but one of the things I love is the "family-like" atmosphere where everyone gets to know one another and supports the other too. I make it a point to introduce myself to anyone that I haven't met before and yes, that includes the "Crossfit" ladies too.

I have to see those pictures of Lauren...if she's anything like some of those I've met then you guys are in for a real treat.

Ben, I don't claim to be in top shape compared to many of the athletes because I have so many "bad" injuries, I'm forced to lessen the weights that I actually can do especially for those power lifts. But my cardio levels are in superb shape hence the 12 rounds I'd think. There's a Seahawks athlete that trains regularly with us. We did a 100 meter dash with him and man...he just BLEW us out of the water like we weren't even moving.

Old 10-28-2011, 10:28 AM
atomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond repute
For the record our WOD last night was:

Warm Up:
10 Burpees
20 KB Swings
30 Sit-ups
40 Squats

WOD:

Part I.
With a partner ....
400m run carrying 3-53# Kettlebells
400m run without the KB's
200m run carrying 3-53# Kettlebells
200m run without
100m run with
100m run without

Part II

2 minutes for reps of each of the following exercices done with 20lb Med Ball:
Med Ball Complex ( R Lunge, L Lunge, R Lunge, L lunch, 4 Squats, 4 ball slams)
Med Ball Sit Ups (Ball must touch ground behind head and infront of feet for rep to count.
Med Ball Twist (Feet must be elevated for Rep to count)
Med Ball Strike (Hold med ball over head with arms locked) .......... WAY harder than I thought it would be.
This is a monster WOD too...carrying those kettleballs while running would be tough.

Old 10-28-2011, 10:31 AM
Banned
bmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by atomic80
9/11 WOD? This I have to see...what is it? Can you find a description of it?
Here you go J.

1 mile run. 9 exercises, 11 reps of each, 10 rounds and another mile to finish it off. Took me just 2:17 to finish. One of our coaches did it in 2:04. Top finisher was an old guy like Mark and it took him 1:27. It was beyond impressive.

Old 10-28-2011, 10:33 AM
Banned
bmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond repute
This is a monster WOD too...carrying those kettleballs while running would be tough.
It was brutal. My back was wrecked from heavy deadlifts on Tuesday. By the time we were done the 20# med ball seemed weightless.

Old 10-28-2011, 10:47 AM
BTW Jon aka jmusser3r did Crossfit with me last week when he was here and he did GREAT! He probably took on too much weight doing those power lifts but he still managed to keep going eventually coming in 3rd to last. Way to go, Jon!

That 9/11 WOD looks tough. The running part would be easy but what comes after that, ...wow...

And Ben, sounds like you're just as big a Crossfitter as I am. Rep to you for that!

Old 10-28-2011, 10:49 AM
Banned
BTW Jon aka jmusser3r did Crossfit with me last week when he was here and he did GREAT! He probably took on too much weight doing those power lifts but he still managed to keep going eventually coming in 3rd to last. Way to go, Jon!

That 9/11 WOD looks tough. The running part would be easy but what comes after that, ...wow...

And Ben, sounds like you're just as big a Crossfitter as I am. Rep to you for that!
I'm doing 3 or 4 classes a week now.

Old 10-28-2011, 10:51 AM
I'm doing 3 or 4 classes a week now.
I do 3 classes a week with those guys and 2 sessions with a personal trainer the other days.

Old 10-28-2011, 11:41 AM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
You never believe anything I say, Mark, so what difference does it make. Josh, you remember him? The dude with the Volvo? He managed to do 10 so he wasn't that far behind me. Years of personal training and running has gotten me into great shape but I'd say that Crossfit has taken that to a whole another level.

What weights are you talking about? And see above..we usually do a warm up plus a "skill" exercise. In this case, the "skill" was to learn how to use the rowing machine properly. I had no idea that I was doing it all wrong. I managed 100 meters in 16.9 seconds but this HUGE dude managed it in 15.5. My jaws dropped when I saw this happen. I had much respect for him!
no I believe 25%

Ok so breaking this down ( 12.1 sets ) I assume the .1 is 3 more wall climbs ???
You said you completed in 20 minutes

39 Wall Climbs (like that video) walking yourself up the wall to and straight up hand stand
240 Burpees
60 Pass thru's
360 Grasshoppers

Assuming you are super human you had 699 exercises to do in 1200 seconds (20 minutes) This breaks down to 1 exercise every 1.71 seconds. Seriously do I believe you can do a burpee and those full wall climbs in under 2 seconds each? Pass thru's as shown in that Video would even be amazing to do 60 of them in under 2 minutes.

I'm just saying it's phyically not possible to do this that fast.

At no point do I not think you couldn't do 12 sets of this in a certain amount of time. I think you could. You are in good shape. Thats what you do, you work out and shot pictures

Don't get me started on this Woman you claim can do 32 sets of this in 20 minutes. NO WAY. That's one of these things every .78 seconds. NO ONE COULD DO one of those wall climbs in under a second.

I bet she could do 32 reps of it. No way in 20 minutes. The math makes it impossible.

As for the weights you claimed in the middle of one of your workouts you did 3 sets of 20 reps with 540lbs on the leg press. I want to see these 3 sets of 20. I'm sure you can leg press 540lbs. But 60 total deep lifts would be amazing.

Old 10-28-2011, 11:59 AM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
I focus on core/cardio workouts haven't lifted any heavy weights in 2+ years. As we get older ( I am 44) we need to keep our back and stomach strength to avoid the common old age issues. I eat well , not great but I am cognizant of what I eat daily and avoid high fat/greasy foods (most of the time )

Old 10-28-2011, 12:32 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Marc
I focus on core/cardio workouts haven't lifted any heavy weights in 2+ years. As we get older ( I am 44) we need to keep our back and stomach strength to avoid the common old age issues. I eat well , not great but I am cognizant of what I eat daily and avoid high fat/greasy foods (most of the time )
Marc from what you've shared in the past the women you keep should be keeping you plenty young. See if there is a Crossfit Affiliate nearby. We've got a couple dozen plus 40 year old members that are in incredible shape.

Quick Reply: The Official TS Workout & Nutrition Thread