Notices
Health & Wellness Personal Training, Cycling, Running, Nutrition, & More Discussion Forum

The Official TS Workout & Nutrition Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 07:49 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Gator has a reputation beyond reputeGator has a reputation beyond reputeGator has a reputation beyond reputeGator has a reputation beyond reputeGator has a reputation beyond reputeGator has a reputation beyond reputeGator has a reputation beyond reputeGator has a reputation beyond reputeGator has a reputation beyond reputeGator has a reputation beyond reputeGator has a reputation beyond repute
Only squeezed in 14 miles last week. Took the whole weekend off to recover

Old 02-23-2011, 07:32 AM
Teamspeed Pro
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
OK, i am officially one of THOSE GUYS but i started P90X on Monday.

Day 1 was Chest and Back. I got CRUSHED!
Day 2 was Plyometrics and i only made it to minute 31 out of 58. I got DOMINATED!
Day 3 was today - Arms and Shoulders and i was so sore from Days 1 and 2 i couldnt sleep for long stretches last night and only made it to minute 28 out of 59 today.

WOW this is INTENSE (for me). But i am loving it and cant wait for day 30, 40, 50, etc when i am ROCKING these workouts. For those of you that havent tried it - its legit - but let me be the one to warn you - if you havent worked out in a little while it will kick your butt!

Old 02-23-2011, 11:24 AM
Banned
C Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond repute
p90 is awesome! I did it for 68 days and felt amazing... the flexibility you gain is as important as anything... my issues is I have a home office and going to the gym is a huge part of my morning to keep my sanity.... wait till you get to the Corn Cobb!

Old 02-23-2011, 11:33 AM
Teamspeed Pro
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by C Money
p90 is awesome! I did it for 68 days and felt amazing... the flexibility you gain is as important as anything... my issues is I have a home office and going to the gym is a huge part of my morning to keep my sanity.... wait till you get to the Corn Cobb!
Bro - i am so beat up by the first 3 days i need a vacation!!!

Old 02-23-2011, 11:36 AM
Banned
C Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond repute
I hear ya, i felt soreness in places i didn't know could be sore.. I would love to tell you it get's better, but it doesn't... The whole concept is to constantly confuses your muscles....Yoga will break you will, just watch!

Old 02-23-2011, 03:48 PM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
Originally Posted by Zorro
Keep in mind my only goal with this is to handle the bikes with more ease. I'm still rebuilding the dirtbike, should take it out in a couple weeks ... we'll see then if it made a real world difference or not.
I am waiting to see if my balance/core workout has helped with this. I am at the point where I may just load up and go to the indoor track... got my bike started the other day just for shits.

Old 02-23-2011, 07:03 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Rascus will become famous soon enoughRascus will become famous soon enoughRascus will become famous soon enoughRascus will become famous soon enoughRascus will become famous soon enoughRascus will become famous soon enoughRascus will become famous soon enough
I didn't get a chance to read the whole thread but here is what I've been doing.

After I got out of the Navy I gained weight, ALOT of weight, nearly 50 + lbs of nothing but fat. I had a lot of factors going into the weight gain but really all excuses.

I moved to colorado 2yrs ago and right before I moved here I saw my grandfather in the hospital with only half a leg left and an 8 gauge Cather stuck permanently in his junk because he wouldn't listen to doctors advice and ate whatever wanted to. That changed me.

Since then, I've dropped over 35 of the 50lbs, I've dropped 4in on my waist and the best part I dropped 20 points on my blood pressure. I WILL NOT END UP LIKE HIM!

Just recently though I started hitting the gym hard. I am doing a Mens Fitness 30min chest workout now that has a lot of tri and supersets in it. It has shown some great gains in my increase and weights and I feel great. Some of the exercises that are not chest focused only include one set and I've modified it to 3 sets.

One thing I am lacking is cardio, I do bike at 15mins time and keep the RPM's up to about 100 the whole time. I don't focus on distance, just the rpms. I would like to get to run a 5k sometime this year.

Also started getting on whey protein and creatine. I started out at 250, I'm at about 217 now and want to get down to 200 or so. I'm trying to do the 1gm of protein a day but man that's a lot. Lots of tuna, eggs, shakes, etc.

My goal at this point is to be able to take my shirt off in the summer and feel confident about it. I'm almost there but not yet.

So there's my story.

Old 02-23-2011, 08:51 PM
TS BMW Forums
mtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond repute
I haven't contributed to this thread, but good stuff here so far. I'm considering looking into P90X. I do most of my stuff at home, plus run outside. One of my first cousins is a CrossFit instructor. I'm slowly getting involved at a local box. It's a great way to train - physically, and mentally.

As for tonight - 100 push ups, sit ups and pull ups.

Here's a good CrossFit video for those who are interested.

YouTube - CrossFit Games 2010 Adidas Commercial

Old 02-23-2011, 09:33 PM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
Great job, Dave! Keep at it man.

Old 02-23-2011, 09:34 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Threw up again today.

Quick Reply: The Official TS Workout & Nutrition Thread