Notices
Health & Wellness Personal Training, Cycling, Running, Nutrition, & More Discussion Forum

The Official TS Workout & Nutrition Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 06:16 AM
Teamspeed Pro
boursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by big_slacker
Have you been tested allergic to wheat gluten?
nope i never tested, but i am experimenting AND i find that i can live w/o it, seriously i just can't control myself when i start eating bread bread and rice are HUUUUUGE parts of Gulf diets nowadays, so growing up it was always there and it became an essential ingredient to any meal

Originally Posted by cstroked
Easiest thing to do is google "paleo diet" as what you seem to be thinking I am talking about is definitely not what the diet actually is:
oh i apologize! cool, i just did and i find that interesting.
seems a bit impractical unfortunately but definitely might consider introducing some ideas from that diet once i hit 80kg thanks

Originally Posted by ECB
but then again,if you`re not competing or something I think it`s not that bad if you don`t take it all that serious and have the food you`re really craving for every now and then..
we`re out there to enjoy life as an ultimate goal after all
+1 i like that
btw E what do you think of POTATOES vs sweet potatoes?
i did my research and i can't seem to be THAT convinced that sweet potatoes are a much better alternative

thoughts, experiences?

as for Yon's pic, i would eat all that green

Old 04-16-2012, 06:26 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Lumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond repute
How Do u Limit eating Carbs !?

what are some alterantives? to compensate the loss of carbs in ur diet

God Dammit I'm hungry Most of the time

i eat Green apples to sustain that hunger, or a protein shake !

Last edited by Lumma; 04-16-2012 at 06:33 AM.
Old 04-16-2012, 07:03 AM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
Originally Posted by Lumma
How Do u Limit eating Carbs !?

what are some alterantives? to compensate the loss of carbs in ur diet

God Dammit I'm hungry Most of the time

i eat Green apples to sustain that hunger, or a protein shake !
Eat proteins (fish chicken meat) + veggies in place of carbs is how you'd limit them.

How many meals are you eating a day?

If you're doing 4-6 you may want to drop down to 3. There's actually a decent amount of research which shows the whole "eat 6 meals to speed your metabolism" is a load of shit and just makes you more hungry.

Old 04-16-2012, 07:59 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Lumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond repute
Eat proteins (fish chicken meat) + veggies in place of carbs is how you'd limit them.

How many meals are you eating a day?

If you're doing 4-6 you may want to drop down to 3. There's actually a decent amount of research which shows the whole "eat 6meals to speed your metabolism" is a load of shit and just makes you more hungry.
i eat 4-5 meals
depends on how hungry i am

breakfast around 8 am
another meal around 12pm 4
another after gym 5 pm
dinner around 8/9 PM

Old 04-16-2012, 10:26 AM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by boursachi
btw E what do you think of POTATOES vs sweet potatoes?
i did my research and i can't seem to be THAT convinced that sweet potatoes are a much better alternative

thoughts, experiences?
I don`t like either as a staple of a diet..
I have no long term experience with them so I can`t really contribute other than by the studies I`ve read...but that`s worth BS vs real experience

If you're doing 4-6 you may want to drop down to 3. There's actually a decent amount of research which shows the whole "eat 6 meals to speed your metabolism" is a load of shit and just makes you more hungry.
wrong
You actually want more meals throughout the day because for fat loss,as you said,it speeds up the metabolism and in general it helps to process the nutritients more efficient and better,there are less big insulin spikes and a much more steady bloodsugar level,gives you a steady stream of nutritients to your body and for those having problems with binge eating,it prevents overeating by not coming into starvation mode(like after work,not having eaten for a long time).
Concerning your argument with the metabolism..if you think that you`re more hungry,then simply eat more at each meal...
for fat loss it`s a clear sign that it works!
Think of eating 8 meals a day deep into the diet...woah..that sucks..you eat some dry shit and 30min later your fvcking hungry again and feel like having eaten nothing

Old 04-16-2012, 10:38 AM
Teamspeed Pro
big_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond repute
I think the oft quoted metabolic benefits don't exist or are so minute as to make no difference. You digest the same amount of food, there is no real extra thermic effect from in being done in 3 or 6 meals.

The real power to the 6 small meals approach is as ECB says above. Regulation of blood sugar/insulin and psychologically not feeling the need to gorge because you'll have another meal soon.

Some reading. The site is about IM (intermittent fasting) but the guy cites some actual studies about meal frequency.

Eating More Meals Does NOT Speed Up Your Metabolism | The IF Life with 2 Meal Mike

Old 04-16-2012, 11:05 AM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
intermittent fasting is a lame excuse to eat like shit

and let me tell you one thing...

next time you do a diet,just split up the meals and increase the number of meals per day...
I swear you`ll call deep BS on those studies that it does not have an effect on metabolism

Old 04-16-2012, 12:11 PM
Teamspeed Pro
big_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond repute
I don't like IM as an approach myself (although I should say I've never given it a legit go) but I wouldn't reject it out of hand. Not everyone who does it eats like shit, I know you know that based on your LOL icon. The leangains guy is in ridiculous shape.

I almost always use a multiple meal approach when I'm cutting weight. But I don't think the effect is metabolic, just psychological.

Old 04-16-2012, 12:56 PM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
I'm back into the gym and aiming at 5 times a week. regarding food I'm starting at cutting out all snacks and junk food. When I'm in my workout-mode I usually have a eating day (sunday) when I treat myself to junk food but since I've been slacking lately there's no such thing as eating days no more. I'm still eating to much carbs as I would like but I think it's way better then before so I'll continue to cut back week after week, I just can't stop eating carbs directly so I need to downsize during a couple of weeks to get to where I want to be. Nurse the body into it ..... (rubbish sentence but I guess you get my point..)

So, cliff notes:
* Back in the gym
* No junk food
* No sweets
* No eating days
* Slowly cutting the "everyday carbs" as pasta/potatoes/rice etc etc

Old 04-16-2012, 02:07 PM
GLN
Thor Liked My Watch
GLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond repute
I do the IM/Leangains.

I only was able to keep strict on it a few days before I began traveling, so it became difficult to work out/diet correctly.

I return home on Wednesday, so I will go back to my IM/Leangains diet, and I intend on staying very strict, and eating very healthy on it.

Quick Reply: The Official TS Workout & Nutrition Thread