Notices
Health & Wellness Personal Training, Cycling, Running, Nutrition, & More Discussion Forum

The Official TS Workout & Nutrition Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 02:42 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Lumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond repute
Soo if im hungry most of the time
Means my body is burning away the calories?

I stopped eating junk food which always made me feel bloated

Now with eating healthy i feel a bit lighter and energetic

Old 04-17-2012, 01:43 AM
I love my DUCKS!
eddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cstroked
Eat proteins (fish chicken meat) + veggies in place of carbs is how you'd limit them.

How many meals are you eating a day?

If you're doing 4-6 you may want to drop down to 3. There's actually a decent amount of research which shows the whole "eat 6 meals to speed your metabolism" is a load of shit and just makes you more hungry.
this is right... contrary to what ECB just said....

I have the ebook on fasting, it makes a ton of sense... but, why would any food company or supplement company for that matter let anybody know not to eat more or take more stuff? they wont...

a lot of diets are now going this route... carb back loading, IFS, warrior diet and etc...

watch out on eating too much fruit, lots of simple sugar and glucose... not horrible for you but its still sugar.

Old 04-17-2012, 01:44 AM
I love my DUCKS!
eddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Lumma
Soo if im hungry most of the time
Means my body is burning away the calories?

I stopped eating junk food which always made me feel bloated

Now with eating healthy i feel a bit lighter and energetic
how long has it been since you made the change? after a few weeks of a diet change your body and mind will get more used to it.

Old 04-17-2012, 03:01 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Lumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by eddiecut
how long has it been since you made the change? after a few weeks of a diet change your body and mind will get more used to it.
close to two weeks now

i have done it before

so its something im used to now

but i was out of the country for about a week so i stopped excersizing and diteing

has any1 taken CLA before? they say it aids the process of burning away fat

Old 04-17-2012, 06:34 AM
Teamspeed Member
Holmer is a jewel in the roughHolmer is a jewel in the roughHolmer is a jewel in the roughHolmer is a jewel in the roughHolmer is a jewel in the roughHolmer is a jewel in the roughHolmer is a jewel in the roughHolmer is a jewel in the roughHolmer is a jewel in the roughHolmer is a jewel in the roughHolmer is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Lumma

has any1 taken CLA before? they say it aids the process of burning away fat
Using it for the second time now, it's hard to tell if it works because I do a lot more cardio now. I would think that it has very little effect if any effect at all. Haven't seen any scientific studies either.

Old 04-17-2012, 06:54 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by Holmer
Using it for the second time now, it's hard to tell if it works because I do a lot more cardio now. I would think that it has very little effect if any effect at all. Haven't seen any scientific studies either.
i took it before never felt a difference , also because at that time i was a taking a ton of supplements

Old 04-17-2012, 07:23 AM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
:sigh:

Old 04-17-2012, 08:05 AM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
Originally Posted by ECB
I don`t like either as a staple of a diet..
I have no long term experience with them so I can`t really contribute other than by the studies I`ve read...but that`s worth BS vs real experience

wrong
You actually want more meals throughout the day because for fat loss,as you said,it speeds up the metabolism and in general it helps to process the nutritients more efficient and better,there are less big insulin spikes and a much more steady bloodsugar level,gives you a steady stream of nutritients to your body and for those having problems with binge eating,it prevents overeating by not coming into starvation mode(like after work,not having eaten for a long time).
Concerning your argument with the metabolism..if you think that you`re more hungry,then simply eat more at each meal...
for fat loss it`s a clear sign that it works!
Think of eating 8 meals a day deep into the diet...woah..that sucks..you eat some dry shit and 30min later your fvcking hungry again and feel like having eaten nothing
No offense, but you're actually not correct - the science behind it is VERY clear at this point, regardless of whether or not traditional body building method "knowledge" disagrees. There is zero difference.

Martin Berkhan (leangains - hat tip to Yon for this) does a fantastic job of scientifically dismantling (see the studies he cites) most of these myths in this post:
Top Ten Fasting Myths Debunked (Major Update Nov 4th) | Intermittent fasting diet for fat loss, muscle gain and health

Preview of the myths:
1. Myth: Eat frequently to "stoke the metabolic fire".
2. Myth: Eat smaller meals more often for hunger control.
3. Myth: Eat small meals to keep blood sugar levels under control.
4. Myth: Fasting tricks the body into "starvation mode".
5. Myth: Maintain a steady supply of amino acids by eating protein every 2-3 hours. The body can only absorb 30 grams of protein in one sitting.
6. Myth: Fasting causes muscle loss.
7. Myth: Skipping breakfast is bad and will make you fat.
8. Myth: Fasting increases cortisol.
9. Myth: Fasted training sucks. You'll lose muscle and have no strength.

etc etc

Also, if you think IF is an "excuse to eat like shit" that's also wrong. I don't know whose methodology you follow but not once have I ever come across that.
Originally Posted by eddiecut
this is right... contrary to what ECB just said....

I have the ebook on fasting, it makes a ton of sense... but, why would any food company or supplement company for that matter let anybody know not to eat more or take more stuff? they wont...

a lot of diets are now going this route... carb back loading, IFS, warrior diet and etc...

watch out on eating too much fruit, lots of simple sugar and glucose... not horrible for you but its still sugar.
+1

It's very disturbing for a lot of people since this goes against the grain - it's new and outside what they "know" but it is fascinating how science supports all of it.

People are welcome to argue with hard data but personally I'd rather benefit from it

Last edited by cstroked; 04-17-2012 at 08:07 AM.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:44 AM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by strebo
:sigh:
that pretty much sums it up..

If all the guys rather believe in ebooks and gray theory...they can do so
I mean,I have read all those studies and articles as well...but I rather trust on personal experience and scientific knowledge combined...
in this sport it`s worthless to blindly follow theory..it may sound good on paper and all but in the real world all the rocket science might prove wrong or totally deviates from your results due to a gazillion factors happening in your body not even the greatest scientist have understood yet...but hey...it`s all trial and error.
go ahead and see for yourself what works and how things go

Old 04-17-2012, 09:55 AM
Teamspeed Pro
big_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond repute
The thing about it is, and people that love to take sides can't get their heads around this....

More than one thing can work!!!!

I agree wholeheartedly on theory vs practice, I'd also say that unless you try out other theories you won't know if they work better than what you're currently using, even if it's successful.

Originally Posted by ECB
that pretty much sums it up..

If all the guys rather believe in ebooks and gray theory...they can do so
I mean,I have read all those studies and articles as well...but I rather trust on personal experience and scientific knowledge combined...
in this sport it`s worthless to blindly follow theory..it may sound good on paper and all but in the real world all the rocket science might prove wrong or totally deviates from your results due to a gazillion factors happening in your body not even the greatest scientist have understood yet...but hey...it`s all trial and error.
go ahead and see for yourself what works and how things go

Quick Reply: The Official TS Workout & Nutrition Thread