Notices
Health & Wellness Personal Training, Cycling, Running, Nutrition, & More Discussion Forum

The Official TS Workout & Nutrition Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2012, 08:07 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Track Addict is on a distinguished roadTrack Addict is on a distinguished road
Thought I'd share my breakfast routine:

I simply start off my day with 2 slices of Ezekiel toast, and I spread a tbsp of coconut spread over them. I have a bowl of mixed fruit (blueberries, strawberries, banana, orange, apple, black grapes). 3 large eggs minus 2 yolks, 2 strips of turkey bacon, and most importantly, 1 serving of shelled hemp seeds and 1 serving of chia seeds. 1 glass of 100% OJ to wash it all down. It's about a 680-850 calorie load, but it carries the good fats, low sugar intake, and the seeds offer the perfect ratio of essential fatty acids and offer a good source of fiber. You get a great protein loaded meal that will keep you feeling full all morning long.
Can get a bit pricey thought since I buy everything at the higher end markets, but it aided me with a 16lb weight reduction in May. If anyone wants the brands I use, I can post them up upon request. Lean is my goal, and this stuff is amazing. Research the seeds to see what they offer nutritionally.

Attached Images  

Last edited by Track Addict; 06-10-2012 at 08:11 PM.
Old 06-10-2012, 08:56 PM
Teamspeed Pro
big_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond repute
I started chia seeds 2 weeks ago, good stuff!

Old 06-11-2012, 01:10 PM
GLN
Thor Liked My Watch
GLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond repute
Lunch

Attached Images  
Old 06-11-2012, 05:01 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Track Addict
Thought I'd share my breakfast routine:

I simply start off my day with 2 slices of Ezekiel toast, and I spread a tbsp of coconut spread over them. I have a bowl of mixed fruit (blueberries, strawberries, banana, orange, apple, black grapes). 3 large eggs minus 2 yolks, 2 strips of turkey bacon, and most importantly, 1 serving of shelled hemp seeds and 1 serving of chia seeds. 1 glass of 100% OJ to wash it all down. It's about a 680-850 calorie load, but it carries the good fats, low sugar intake, and the seeds offer the perfect ratio of essential fatty acids and offer a good source of fiber. You get a great protein loaded meal that will keep you feeling full all morning long.
Can get a bit pricey thought since I buy everything at the higher end markets, but it aided me with a 16lb weight reduction in May. If anyone wants the brands I use, I can post them up upon request. Lean is my goal, and this stuff is amazing. Research the seeds to see what they offer nutritionally.
fructose is a simple carb,..but in the morning it`s ok,..to fill up the glycogen stores in the liver

Originally Posted by GLN
Lunch
low carb day?
or guilty conscience?

Last edited by ECB; 06-11-2012 at 05:06 PM.
Old 06-11-2012, 05:44 PM
GLN
Thor Liked My Watch
GLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ECB
fructose is a simple carb,..but in the morning it`s ok,..to fill up the glycogen stores in the liver

low carb day?
or guilty conscience?
Guilty conscience for sure! I had taco bell the other day!!! AND IT WAS AMAZING!!

haha

I load up on quinoa after my workout anyways

Old 06-12-2012, 02:35 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Lumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond repute
after 10 days of dieting lost 6 lbs but my blood sugar was high 14 normal rate is from 5 - 7

and thats just dieting with no excersize

No more junk food and no soft drinks, cutting out redbull

Old 06-12-2012, 09:43 AM
Teamspeed Pro
big_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond repute
The boss's boss's boss was in town yesterday/today. He's a big runner and my friend said he'd take him for a morning trail run. Since the trails are at the end of my block I got sucked into a 5:30am run.

3.2 mile@ 9min mile pace. (That's a little above 7min mile for you road/track runners) Quite a bit faster than my last run, probably because it was with a group and a little bit better conditioning. That guy was 52 and could have buried us, something to look forward too later in life.

Old 06-13-2012, 11:42 AM
GLN
Thor Liked My Watch
A few days ago I was starving while driving, and had to stop at a convenience store to grab something small to eat.

I checked through all the protein bars there, reading all the nutritional facts and came across what looked like to be a relatively healthy bar.

Figured it'd taste like crap, but I had no other choice so I got it anyways.

Ended up being pretty damn good...

I've had 4 more of these ever since...

Probs the best and 'most healthy' protein bar I've come across....

20g protein, 0g sugar, 230 cal...

my only question is sugar alcohol. How is that different than regular sugars?

Old 06-13-2012, 11:56 AM
Teamspeed Pro
HarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond repute
The chemical structure is slightly different from regular sugar. The main difference is that they are absorbed to a lesser degree in the small intestine. One benefit is that less sugar is entering your body (less of a rise in blood glucos). However, the fact that it remains undigested in the small intestine means it can pull water and ultimately give you diarrhea (but you have to eat a lot of it). I remember when the pringle ship company introduced sugar alchohols in the 90's and people who ate a whole tube would experience diarrhea.

Old 06-13-2012, 11:59 AM
I love my DUCKS!
eddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond repute
Dead lift day....
135x5, 135x5, 160x5, 200x3, 230x5, 255x14
I think I need to raise my base weight, going past 10 reps is not the direction I want. After that I did... Close grip bench, Kroc rows, bent over pull, straight arm push down. Good back session

Quick Reply: The Official TS Workout & Nutrition Thread