Notices
Health & Wellness Personal Training, Cycling, Running, Nutrition, & More Discussion Forum

The Official TS Workout & Nutrition Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 04:52 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond repute
Do you lose strength when you stop using creatine?

Old 04-01-2012, 05:16 PM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
Originally Posted by GuessWho
You'll probably get various answers on this, but in my opinion and my personal experience, anytime you come off of a performance enhancing supplement, yes.

How much is mental? No idea.

Old 04-01-2012, 05:17 PM
GLN
Thor Liked My Watch
GLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond repute
Depends on how your routine and diet is.

I'm taking creatine to get over my hump, and expand my growth more because I'm at a plateau. I'm sure I'll put on a few pounds from retention and muscle growth, but ideally I plan on dropping my bf%.

With a good diet/regimen, the point is to keep your size/growth once you stop cycling creatine [if you are cycling even].

Old 04-01-2012, 05:26 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
vltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant future
Back on track, ran ~16mi in the past 4 days or so. Keeping it steady, joints aren't killing me. I'm gonna be back down 10 pounds or bust.

Old 04-01-2012, 07:15 PM
Teamspeed Member
Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by eddiecut
actually a lot of big power lifters go with a thumb under the bar, and actually teach that way... I cant remember the exact reason but, it helps something.

prework outs are really rough on my stomach... musclepharm assault did a number on me, I tried rage yesterday and it was not too bad but, I only took half a packet.

today is back day... love training back.
First time i have heard that :S and I have trained with a australian comp winners ect.

Old 04-01-2012, 07:23 PM
Teamspeed Member
Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
On supplements:

I am in the camp of using as minimal as possible, I use a protein isolate before bed with a couple tabelspoons of casein protein in the form of cottage cheese. I use Carnivor Beef protein during day (twice daily) and a carb drink after training.

I also use another one which is in about every suburb and shop in 1st world countries. The more of it I use the bigger I get realisticly its never ending but if I dont train I will bloat and put on fat instead of muscle.

Its called FOOD, clean simple straight from the producer food. The only reason I use protein shakes is because I eat and eat and get full and eat again but Im over full so have a shake for more protein and same with the carb drink after training I use it to get some quickly into my body.

Prework out Ive tried most of them and have a special mixture I make to stop cortisol and help with muscle uilding I can post later, but generally 2-3 oranges 30 min prior to training can give you that little pep needed and not keep you up at night .

Old 04-01-2012, 07:45 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
couldn`t agree more man!!

Old 04-02-2012, 12:58 AM
I love my DUCKS!
eddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Detailer
First time i have heard that :S and I have trained with a australian comp winners ect.
Dave Tate with Elite FTS... it is in his bench videos, guess you hang out with the wrong group of lifters

Old 04-02-2012, 08:51 AM
Teamspeed Pro
boursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GuessWho
the reason i am adding creatine to my diet is to try and max out the wo as much as i can with as minimal calories as possible. the reason i went with Dymatize's xpand is the Arginine content because i don't wish to add more pills to the stack (fatburner and l-carntine).
i made sure NOT to start any of those supps until i managed to lift the weights i wanted without any supps at all. now i can focus on posture and rep counts, basically using the creatine/arginine to do what i want it to do instead of what it was INTENDED for.

i'm pretty sure it gives a lot more alertness, balls, and power for those who cycle it. i see my friends on many products, but they all suffer from the withdrawal and i want to make sure i don't go through the same.

hence, my rec is to use it WHEN you NEED to add it to your stack.
did you try any products before?

Originally Posted by Detailer
The only reason I use protein shakes is because I eat and eat and get full and eat again but Im over full so have a shake for more protein and same with the carb drink after training I use it to get some quickly into my body.
+1, for me i use protein shakes (only recently re-introduced) because i SUCK at controlling portions and TYPES of food. supplements for me are just fillers for meal time slots, and i make it my mission to make sure i eat more wholefood protein when i use the shakes - and only use the shake if i'm hungry and don't have time or don't have anything to eat.

fatburners work magic on me because of the caff. i never drink coffee and never tea in the mornings, so if it's 100-300mg of caff anhyd i become so focused and alert that i reap the benefits in my cardio/lifting.

Old 04-02-2012, 12:19 PM
Teamspeed Pro
big_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond repute
FWIW Dave Tate has something to say about the false grip bench press. I've actually used it myself at times on bench and use it exclusively on squats.

Have a ****ing spotter though.

Get a Grip: Know What’s False

Weighed in last night at 179.2. For shits and grins I weighed in this morning after a massive crap and it was 176.2. 3 lb swing.

Quick Reply: The Official TS Workout & Nutrition Thread