Notices
Health & Wellness Personal Training, Cycling, Running, Nutrition, & More Discussion Forum

The Official TS Workout & Nutrition Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 02:32 PM
Teamspeed Pro
big_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond repute
So, back is slowly getting better. I'm gonna try some light spin bike stuff today and I might be ready to do a light lifting session tomorrow.

In the mean time, I found out there is a swim center down the hill (30 minutes or so away) from me. In addition to some pools, they have waterslides! LOL, it was a line of about 10 8-12 year olds and me. I figure when you're too old for waterslides it's time to hang it up....

Old 08-03-2011, 03:48 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Ag Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond repute
^lol. I hit the pool last night as well. Gave my joints a rest and swam some laps. I did shoulders and arms p90x on monday and i'm gonna do some chest and back tonight both with ab ripper.

Old 08-03-2011, 07:18 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
vltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant future
Another 3k in the pool today and yesterday, couldn't fit it in on Monday but I'm certainly feeling better after I got my swims in. Though I ate like crap over the weekend...gotta be careful about that!

Old 08-03-2011, 08:47 PM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
Tore a groin muscle, the inside of my left leg is all black and blue. Played soccer two Saturdays ago and tugged it bad enough after 30 minutes which made me hobble home. Rested it for 3-4 days just doing upper body work until last Friday when I felt ~90% and good enough to do air squats below parallel. Decided to play Saturday and was feeling ok until I made a long pass with the bad leg, POP! Hobbled around the field until we stopped playing.

It took me a few days before I decided to see a doctor because I was psyching myself up for imminent surgery. Doc said to lay up for 2 weeks, prescribed a muscle relaxer and gave me some pain meds. FML.

Old 08-04-2011, 10:36 AM
Teamspeed Pro
X2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond repute
That sucks Alex, at least it's a little vacation?

A friend of mine and I were BSin' about Muscle Milk. What's the deal with this crap? Is it a meal replacement drink? Post work out recovery drink?

Old 08-04-2011, 11:00 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
vltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant future
You're definitely going to want to take it easy after a groin tear like that! Definitely chill out for a couple weeks and afterwards start stretching it slowly and really take your time in bringing it back up to where it used to be...you're going to want to spend a while to get it to where it needs to be.

And Muscle Milk is just protein. I always took it post-work-out. The difference between that and other proteins is that there's a little less protein, but it's a thousand times more delicious (Strawberry Milkshake, try it). A lot of that comes from it being high-fat though. That means that it's not what I'd call a healthy choice. But if you want to gain weight and you really don't care how it comes, a few scoops a day and you'll pack on the poundage no problem!

It should be noted that with a little bit of effort, you can make any protein powder taste fantastic. Muscle Milk just happens to taste great if you were to shake it up with water.

Old 08-04-2011, 11:13 AM
Teamspeed Pro
X2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond repute
We were talking about it in drink form. Like the cartons and bottles.

I haven't seen in it powder. Maybe that's because I don't venture too deep into GNC, I just get my vitamins and leave.

On the other hand, there's rows of it in liquid form at my grocery store and in the vending machine at the gym.

Old 08-04-2011, 11:53 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
I've seen those, and I think they're the same thing, though maybe already blended with milk or something. It's probably to market it as a quick on-the-go post-workout drink. It can be used as a meal replacement as well, if I recall correctly. It's easier to grab a bottle than blend it yourself and put it in a mixer bottle or something. I always bought it in the powder as I was able to get tons of it for pennies on the dollar (I'd regularly have shipments of 4-8 bottles for both myself and friends of mine). You can probably still get it for really cheap, though I'd suggest you try out the flavors before you dive in.

Oh and I stopped when I realized I was 200 pounds. It creeps up on you quick! At least I did gain a lot of muscle when I was on it, but realistically I could have probably gotten that protein elsewhere and gained a lot more lean mass than the fat and muscle I gained on muscle milk. If you just grab one every now and then after a workout when you don't have the time though, it won't hurt you.

Last edited by vltsai; 08-04-2011 at 11:55 AM.
Old 08-04-2011, 01:48 PM
Teamspeed Pro
I was at the grocery store and picked up malt, chocolate, and cookies and cream.

I'm going to try the after workout deal with these three. If I end up putting on some fat and muscle. I'll stop because I'm trying to lose fat and put on a little muscle. But we'll see where this takes me.

Old 08-04-2011, 02:18 PM
Teamspeed Pro
rangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond repute
I am new to this thread. Ran for about 3.2 Kms today, then cycled back.

Quick Reply: The Official TS Workout & Nutrition Thread