Notices
Health & Wellness Personal Training, Cycling, Running, Nutrition, & More Discussion Forum

The Official TS Workout & Nutrition Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 02:11 PM
I love my DUCKS!
eddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by HarveyMushman
Do you guys have any alternatives to T-bar rows that can be done with dumbells?

My building has a great gym, but they got rid of the bar and bench because some one recently tipped themselves into the walled mirrors while dead lifting with wrist straps.
Hahahahahahaha. This is awesome

Old 06-05-2012, 05:31 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by HarveyMushman
Do you guys have any alternatives to T-bar rows that can be done with dumbells?

My building has a great gym, but they got rid of the bar and bench because some one recently tipped themselves into the walled mirrors while dead lifting with wrist straps.
Bent-over rows with dumbells. Also, I hope your gym has a good set of dumbells (that go up to at least up to 100 lbs).

I don't know how the wrist straps contributed to the person falling over. It's not like they tie your hands to the bar.

Last edited by TAHorizon; 06-05-2012 at 05:35 PM.
Old 06-05-2012, 06:11 PM
GLN
Thor Liked My Watch
GLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond repute
Not positive but I think he was making fun of me because I use straps?

Old 06-05-2012, 06:44 PM
Teamspeed Pro
HarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond repute
Haha no man not at all

I know the guy who did it. He always uses straps and does solo lifts. He must have got a bit ambitious, tried to adjust his stance mid lift, and swung slightly to the left. This caused him to bump the end of the bar into the mirror. This is what the doorman told me.

Old 06-05-2012, 07:51 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
the doorman
seriously,wtf is that where you`re working out?

sounds like the ultimate pussy temple

Old 06-05-2012, 08:31 PM
Teamspeed Pro
HarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond repute
Geez I'm gonna keep my mouth shut around here! The doorman is not for the gym. I live in NYC and our apartment building has a doorman- not uncommon. The gym is on the main level. The doorman saw this go down on the security cam.

Anyway, I just got back from the pussy temple. Ran a 5k and tried the t-rows using the incline and dumbbells- turned out great thanks again

Old 06-05-2012, 08:36 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
sorrys,..didn`t want to offend you or something like that!

Incline + dumbells is a good way to train around the issue..
you can do dumbell deadlifts for lower back,hams etc with dumbells as well
actually you can do pretty much anything with them,just gotta be creative
GL with that!

Old 06-05-2012, 09:44 PM
Teamspeed Pro
No worries- Im always down to bust chops. I'm looking into more and more of the dumbell exercises.

Old 06-06-2012, 12:26 AM
I love my DUCKS!
eddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond repute
dead lift went good tonight...
135x5
135x5
150x5
190x3
215x3
245x15- rep out set with wendler
315x3
225x10
225x5

the 315 set was the most I have ever tried, and I am pretty shocked at how easy it was. the last two sets were just messing around. good day of DL.

Old 06-06-2012, 12:59 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Lumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond repute
The 20 Most Harmful Drinks in America (with pics) - The Chicago Garage

any1 thinks these facts are accurate !!?
Pretty Distrubing to say the least

Quick Reply: The Official TS Workout & Nutrition Thread