Notices
Health & Wellness Personal Training, Cycling, Running, Nutrition, & More Discussion Forum

The Official TS Workout & Nutrition Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 07:19 PM
Teamspeed Pro
slord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond repute
Tonight's session was another good one. Got through 7 rounds of clean and jerks. The squat condition was killer, felt the burn so much.

wednesday, february 01, 2012
WOD February 1, 2012
Warm up:

3 rounds
Run Lap
10 Ab Combos (1 Jackknife, 1 Split jackknife, 1 Star sit-up)
Conditioning:

10 rounds
10 Squats
20 second squat hold
Rest
10 rounds
10 Push ups
20 second plank

WOD:

1 Clean and jerk 1st minute - 135/95
2 Clean and jerks 2nd minute
3 Clean and jerks 3rd minute
Continue until failure.

Old 02-01-2012, 07:42 PM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
Originally Posted by big_slacker
Based on? I don't follow supplement wars online and get this stuff for free as mentioned. They list amounts of each component, are you saying those are outright lies?

This isn't an argument, I'd just like to know what your statement is based on. The stuff I've got so far seems to work as advertised.
Don't know about "online wars" as I don't frequent any forums other than car forums. My statement is based on the fact I think Muscletech's stuff, in my experience is overpriced and under-delivers by a long shot. Gakic, Leukic, Cell-Tech, Nitro-Tech... I have used and am not a fan of any of it. Many people I know feel, that from their experience, Muscletech is the least potent. Nitro Tech was hands down the lowest grade NO supplement I've used between MRI, BSN, USP and NDI products. Muscletech has some of the best marketing out there, but when it comes to producing stuff that's effective they drop the ball.

As far as their labels being outright lies, I'm not saying that. But now that you mention it, it's not a regulated industry so who knows?
Originally Posted by ECB
I`m referring to the basic stuff like whey protein,carbs/creatine mixes etc

the other stuff - no matter which brand - is BS anyway

either stay natural or get the real deal...anything else is a waste of money
I can understand that. I just always felt they were so overpriced/ineffective per dollar. I prefer Optimum Nutrition personally. Agree with you 100%. I use whey and ACG3 pre-workout which I cycle.

Old 02-02-2012, 01:13 AM
I love my DUCKS!
eddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond repute
LOL... those are some bold statements, most supplements fill their need, most overlap, but there is a rhyme and reason to most of them. Marketing is a huge factor though.

and I would rather take a "BS" supplement that is going to help than actually take a steroid. thats just my opinion though.

Old 02-02-2012, 10:18 AM
Teamspeed Pro
big_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond repute
I don't know why people have a problem with steroids. I mean, if you're not participating in a sport where they are banned (cheating) and you've done your research or use a doc so you don't hurt yourself what's the big deal? We had this discussion a while back on the thread though so no need to do it again.

On marketing, the diet and exercise industry is massively profitable and built primarily on marketing. Most people would be in the shape they want to be in with nothing more than chicken, steak, brown rice, veggies, a squat rack/weights and a pair of running shoes. That doesn't sell a lot of magic powders though.

Old 02-02-2012, 10:24 AM
I love my DUCKS!
eddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by big_slacker
I don't know why people have a problem with steroids. I mean, if you're not participating in a sport where they are banned (cheating) and you've done your research or use a doc so you don't hurt yourself what's the big deal? We had this discussion a while back on the thread though so no need to do it again.

On marketing, the diet and exercise industry is massively profitable and built primarily on marketing. Most people would be in the shape they want to be in with nothing more than chicken, steak, brown rice, veggies, a squat rack/weights and a pair of running shoes. That doesn't sell a lot of magic powders though.

I totally agree and I was not saying that all products are amazing I just think some supplements have there spots and obviously some don't. I am not sure if I could take steroids, I have heard more downsides based on what it does to you mentally than positive that it would do to me physically...

Old 02-02-2012, 10:41 AM
Teamspeed Pro
slord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond repute
Registration for the 2012 CrossFit games opened up yesterday. Is anyone here planning on doing it? I know a number of people from our box will be doing it and I'm sure everyone will be doing the WODs regardless if they're signed up or not.

Old 02-02-2012, 10:42 AM
Photographer Extraordinaire
atomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond repute
^^^I'm not! but my coach has been spending an insane amount of time training for it over the last few months.

Old 02-02-2012, 10:50 AM
Banned
bmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by slord
Registration for the 2012 CrossFit games opened up yesterday. Is anyone here planning on doing it? I know a number of people from our box will be doing it and I'm sure everyone will be doing the WODs regardless if they're signed up or not.

Registration for the "Open" which qualifies you for regionals and THEN the games is now open. Out of our 4 coaches all of them plan on returning back to the games. Three of them competed on a team last year and one as an individual. Will be fun to watch them push it though!

Old 02-02-2012, 11:02 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by bmoores
Registration for the "Open" which qualifies you for regionals and THEN the games is now open. Out of our 4 coaches all of them plan on returning back to the games. Three of them competed on a team last year and one as an individual. Will be fun to watch them push it though!
I guess I should have clarified if anyone feels they can and are planning on making it to regionals and possibly the games.

Old 02-02-2012, 11:03 AM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
Went to the gym earlier and felt strong. That is all.

Quick Reply: The Official TS Workout & Nutrition Thread