Notices
Health & Wellness Personal Training, Cycling, Running, Nutrition, & More Discussion Forum

The Official TS Workout & Nutrition Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 01:10 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Lumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond repute
shit i drink redbull like water

2-3 cans a day, just recently i cut before reading this article

to once on the weekends

Old 06-07-2012, 01:52 AM
Teamspeed Pro
big_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mini George
An article my health guru sent me. Pretty interesting stuff regarding protein.

The Protein Scandal Report...
That "article" is internet marketing selling hemp protein. Now there is nothing wrong with hemp protein, but just realize that isn't a scientific paper, lol!

And BB's today have the bloated look from HGH and just being huge compared to golden era BBs.

Old 06-07-2012, 10:20 AM
Teamspeed Pro
boursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond repute
got my act together went to gym after 7 days rest and eating a lot of carbs (ate out lebanese + japanese 2 days apart!), i did lats with strict form and as-heavy weights. i timed myself and made sure i spent no less than 30mins doing lats, then moved on; 3 triceps all cable w/ different bars; bit of fores, bit of abs, and most importantly:

finished with 30mins stairmaster which will be my primary thing i hope all week. if i can put in 30mins for the next 5 days i'll be really proud! thinking i'll repeat what i did today so i don't go blank by saturday and can keep this up without any injuries:
first 10mins at level 15, remaining 20mins at level 10
170 floors, 5.xx kms, will do the trick i am sure

had 3 chicken breasts (with lemon, garlic, black peppers) and brown rice. will have another 3 chicken breasts probably and later 5 eggwhites with 1 whole egg. will try to not have any shakes.

Attached Images   
Old 06-07-2012, 11:01 AM
Teamspeed Pro
MC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond repute
I am starting a new temp routine (temp since Ramadhan is coming soon).. my 10 day Euro trip did a number since I ate like a mofo and no meal went without dessert..

Thankfully all the walking meant I barely put on any weight..

Does anybody have a Ramadhan routine?

Old 06-07-2012, 11:55 AM
Teamspeed Pro
boursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MC321
I am starting a new temp routine (temp since Ramadhan is coming soon).. my 10 day Euro trip did a number since I ate like a mofo and no meal went without dessert..
Thankfully all the walking meant I barely put on any weight..
Does anybody have a Ramadhan routine?
haha 7amdela 3alsalama + 3alaik eb alf 3afya! what is traveling without going all out with food

my ramadhan routine is this: pray, eat some dates, get prepped for gym, eat a little of whatever my family prepared standing up, and be in the gym no more than 45mins after Athaan! that way i ensure i put in the workout, i dont have to deal with the crowdedness, and i get to cheat daily post-workout.
i've done this twice in the last 3yrs, sans the yr i got married (middle yr), and both times it worked!

this yr will be harder but i'll stay focused and hopefully can do the same

Old 06-07-2012, 12:10 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond repute
Interesting.. seems a bit extreme to me though..

What I've been doing for the past few years is eat a normal healthish meal (few samboosas and gaimat with a chicken breast and brown rice).. then about 1.5 hrs later I'd do a cardio session.. anywhere between 5 to 8km run.. and then a light meal and sleep til the next day.. this year I'm planning circuits and lighter cardio as I am not aiming to lose any weight..

Old 06-07-2012, 12:25 PM
Teamspeed Pro
that is really good, putting in a 5-8km run is brilliant! btw how old are you mate? and what is your goal to be at before/during ramadhan weight on scale wise?
tbh it isn't extreme what i used to do and plan on doing.. except maybe if you meant i deny myself the treats? if so, i have eating disorders and not ashamed to admit them. seriously i eat like a chick who just had a break up
the intensity of the weights session (30-45mins) is taken down a few notches during ramadhan. just enough for a pump, maintenance, and cal burning. the cardio i hope will be v easy to be at least 30mins with all the tv shows that will be on so i won't get bored .. they are my guilty pleasure
i used to do 10mins stairmaster followed by 10-30mins of cycling, that is sufficient imho and a 2km run before the weights will be even more beneficial

edit: maybe i should note that i will only have work for the 1st week of ramadhan, and even then it will be Grades week, no lectures.
so i have ramadhan off and that makes it easier for me to work out right after Maghrib prayers since i'm fresh

Last edited by boursachi; 06-07-2012 at 12:27 PM.
Old 06-07-2012, 12:58 PM
Teamspeed Pro
I'm 33 and around 72kgs now.. I need to shed a few lbs of fat, but I don't want to lose any weight..

and by extreme, I mean that you are fasting from sunset to sundown and then you eat light and exercise? you need one good solid meal to refuel, and then hit the gym.. at least you eat something, I have friends that go to the gym before breaking their fast.. now thats crazy to me..

I work 7-8 hrs in Ramadhan, don't nap at all, and sleep normal hours (11 to 7). I don't eat suhoor either, just a light meal as mentioned and protein mixed with milk before I sleep.

Old 06-07-2012, 07:46 PM
Teamspeed Pro
el3omor kella.. i am a convert now to rob riches' training: go heavy on the weights to burn fat. i used to focus on higher reps and more cal burning oriented wkouts. of course that did work. BUT this has also worked for me in the past 12wks and i look forward to what happens once i am at a comfy weight that i can cut back on the cardio

as for the fasted training, i remember it was discussed here and Chase (cstroked) had a few links iirc, however based on your schedule i would NOT attempt it no way most of my work out days are 1-3hrs after waking up so the fasted thing doesn't bother me (of course it is a lot diff when i eat and wo)

my wo doesn't work without staying hydrated so before breaking fast could never work for me. besides, gyms are crazy crowded and that alone is enough motive for me to go 30-60mins after prayers

now, about that samboosa, tashreeb, marag la7am, machbos deyaay, kanafa, and all that GOOD STUFF ..

Old 06-08-2012, 02:12 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Sounds good! I'm looking forward to Ramadhan already.. will keep us posted on your progress bro

Quick Reply: The Official TS Workout & Nutrition Thread