Notices
Health & Wellness Personal Training, Cycling, Running, Nutrition, & More Discussion Forum

The Official TS Workout & Nutrition Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 10:13 PM
Photographer Extraordinaire
atomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond repute
400M lunges at Crossfit today..I'm really going to feel this one tomorrow!

Old 03-28-2012, 02:11 AM
Teamspeed Member
Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by GLN
go atg or go home

320lb front squat is impressive! way to go dude
Thanks I been doing alot of balance training and building up my small "balancer muscles" by lifting PVC pipe half filled with water and squating that and kegs 3/4 filled with water ect. and made it SO much easier!

Now for a 180-190kg front squat with a 300-320kg back squat.

I just restarted dead lifts at 130kg again real slow reps 10 of by 4 sets want to get that to a 8 rep 3 set at 200-220kg by year end!

Will keep you posted on progress.

Ps ATG all the way

Old 03-28-2012, 02:16 AM
Teamspeed Member
Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by atomic80
400M lunges at Crossfit today..I'm really going to feel this one tomorrow!
WOW great job! make sure you stretch tonight and youll feel ....well like shit tomorrow but better than you would if you didnt!

Old 03-28-2012, 10:57 AM
Teamspeed Pro
big_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond repute
Nice job on the front squat, that's big!

Old 03-28-2012, 11:23 AM
Teamspeed Pro
yzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Detailer

I just restarted dead lifts at 130kg again real slow reps 10 of by 4 sets want to get that to a 8 rep 3 set at 200-220kg by year end!
I am in the same boat, car accident a few years ago killed my lower back. Finally getting back into dead lifts. Congrats on the squats, a love/hate relationship for me.

Old 03-28-2012, 11:23 AM
Photographer Extraordinaire
atomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond repute
WOW great job! make sure you stretch tonight and youll feel ....well like shit tomorrow but better than you would if you didnt!
So far, I'm a bit sore but not as bad as I thought I'd be. I stretched right after the workout and will do a bit more today.

I'm impressed also by the front squats too! The most I could do is probably 180 or so. Never been very strong but I'm very fast cardio-wise.

Old 03-28-2012, 11:25 AM
Teamspeed Pro
yzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond repute
So far, I'm a bit sore but not as bad as I thought I'd be. I stretched right after the workout and will do a bit more today.

I'm impressed also by the front squats too! The most I could do is probably 180 or so. Never been very strong but I'm very fast cardio-wise.
It was always the second day that got me. If I skipped a day in the gym, I made sure I stretched at home or the next day was going to suck.

Old 03-28-2012, 06:11 PM
Teamspeed Member

Thats good to hear, do you ever do Hot'n'Colds? like gym to hot shower to full cold and back?

Originally Posted by yzracer931
It was always the second day that got me. If I skipped a day in the gym, I made sure I stretched at home or the next day was going to suck.
Same DOMS Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness

Originally Posted by yzracer931
I am in the same boat, car accident a few years ago killed my lower back. Finally getting back into dead lifts. Congrats on the squats, a love/hate relationship for me.
Sorry to hear,good to see your on the road to recovery.

I have a friend who had a bad back (spine alignment) and was going to physio ect for years and years. "becareful" "dont lift" "blah blah blah" I finally got him to wipe that train fo thought and come to the gym I kept him on strict form and un weighted 20kg bar and built up very slowly. 18-20 months on his spine is alot straighter and now hardly goes to a physio. a lesson everyone can learn from

Originally Posted by big_slacker
Nice job on the front squat, that's big!
Thanks I appreciate it, hopefully bigger numbers to come soon. Might even try a 1RM next month and see what I get.

Old 03-28-2012, 06:42 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute

Same DOMS Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness

+1 on the DOMS

worst thing when it comes after legs

you got some pretty heavy lifts,..well done!

Old 03-28-2012, 07:15 PM
Teamspeed Member
Originally Posted by ECB
+1 on the DOMS

worst thing when it comes after legs

you got some pretty heavy lifts,..well done!
For some reason I am a weirdo and enjoy DOMS

I used to do drop sets on legs on my last set go all the way to just a bar until failure then do 3 more squats body only lol.

Then struggle to drive and walk anywhere.

Oh and have 16yr guys on their phone frowning and smirking at me with no weights on the bar whilst they do biceps curls in the squat rack and talk on the phone about whos buying their alcohol friday and posing in a mirror looking at their biceps only as they work nothing else and still have small arms/endrant

Quick Reply: The Official TS Workout & Nutrition Thread