Notices
Health & Wellness Personal Training, Cycling, Running, Nutrition, & More Discussion Forum

The Official TS Workout & Nutrition Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 10:48 AM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
Originally Posted by eddiecut
hmmmm... kind of, similar... But, if your going to super set something you would be doing something like Bi and tri... 10 reps on curls, 10 reps on tri extension...

I wouldnt really classify this as super sets. more of c training
Originally Posted by GLN
I suppose you're right, I was just thinking b/c your three exercises are somewhat common to working together as you're pretty much running a 1,000 pound club routine / strong lift program.

Any reason to why you're doing C&P's in that routine instead of deadlifts?
Super-set (as I was taught at least) just refers to doing sets of exercises without rest in between. So bench to squat to whatever with no rest.

Old 03-27-2012, 11:15 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Coochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond repute
This is a great thread!

Since about a year ago, I've dropped 30 pounds using common sense diet and exercise. A big part of my success has been using the iPhone app MyFitnessPal which is an amazing food diary. I feel so much better and want to lose another 10-15 pounds to put my BMI at normal.

You know your diet is going well when you see someone you haven't seen in months and they're afraid to ask you if you're dieting because they're worried you might be sick.

Old 03-27-2012, 11:25 AM
Teamspeed Pro
boursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond repute
been holding it at around 89.0kg on the scale, but i feel great and light with the added mass. obliques and abs are much better size/bloated wise and really looking forward to focus on them once i hit 85-86kg

to see what the deal is, i ate some veggies and 2 tortilla wraps with my chicken today to fill all the cells and see what happens (started today) when i take it down three notches at the gym to rest my heart/legs for a couple of days

1 week in, really happy with the psychological and physical results
being very hard on myself i took some mate's compliments to heart when they asked what i was doing. amazing what the human body can do to itself in 72 hrs

Old 03-27-2012, 11:40 AM
Teamspeed Pro
yzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond repute
My chest/back day:
Back/Chest:
Bent leg dead-lifts 15,10,8,6,4 reps
Flat dumbbell press 15,10,8,4/8 reps
Barbell rows 12,10,10,8/8 reps
Incline chest press machine 15,10,8,6/8 reps
Close lat pull-down 15,12,10,8/8 reps
Dumbbell fly on incline bench 15,12,10 reps
Hammer strength row machine 12,10 reps

Old 03-27-2012, 11:57 AM
Teamspeed Pro
big_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond repute
Wendler as in 5/3/1? I've done it in the past and love it for strength gain. Right now though LOW total volume is helping me grow more than strength work. 2.5 lbs/week for a hard gainer, I'm not gonna mess with success.

RE smith squats I place my feet way forward so it's more like a standing version of the leg press machine that isn't hard on my back. (or knees fir that matter) I know how to squat properly, there just isn't a rack/oly bar at my gym.

Old 03-27-2012, 01:31 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
vltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant future
Got a physical yesterday, just to check how I was doing. BP was 124/67, HR was 48. Looks like all that exercise was good for something! Getting a blood test today just cause. I'm thinking it'll be good, so I'm not too worried. And then after this, time to get back into the swing of things.

Old 03-27-2012, 01:45 PM
Ara
Teamspeed Pro
Ara has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond repute
So, I'm going to try to jump into the mix here. I usually maintain my fitness through basketball and kcikboxing/mma. I have to stop participating in contact sports so it's time to get back in the gym. I've been prescribed Danazol for a medical condition. Does anyone know about the effects of this? PM if you don't want to post here.

Old 03-27-2012, 07:36 PM
Teamspeed Member
Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
New Front Squat PB last night, 145kg @ 8 reps and complete ATG (ass to grass) depth on all of them!

Old 03-27-2012, 09:19 PM
GLN
Thor Liked My Watch
GLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond repute
go atg or go home

320lb front squat is impressive! way to go dude

Old 03-27-2012, 09:56 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
texanphotography has a reputation beyond reputetexanphotography has a reputation beyond reputetexanphotography has a reputation beyond reputetexanphotography has a reputation beyond reputetexanphotography has a reputation beyond reputetexanphotography has a reputation beyond reputetexanphotography has a reputation beyond reputetexanphotography has a reputation beyond reputetexanphotography has a reputation beyond reputetexanphotography has a reputation beyond reputetexanphotography has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Detailer
New Front Squat PB last night, 145kg @ 8 reps and complete ATG (ass to grass) depth on all of them!
Wow that is quite impressive iv done 350 lbs on frount squat but that was just one rep.

Quick Reply: The Official TS Workout & Nutrition Thread