Notices
Health & Wellness Personal Training, Cycling, Running, Nutrition, & More Discussion Forum

The Official TS Workout & Nutrition Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 10:22 PM
Teamspeed Pro
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SATURN_rob
Congrats on the 5K! How did you feel at the end?

In response to your first question, my time was 1 hr, 30 min, 23 seconds. I'm really trying to break the 1:30 limit

Congrats again on the 5k
Felt great. My "normal" run at the gym is 3.1 miles on the treadmill before i start my workout. I had to work up to that over hte past few months but now i have it down pretty good. Running it with a large group and outside was definitely different but still felt real good after.

90:23 on half? WOW dude. that is a nice run. Good luck on your goal...

Old 03-26-2012, 03:21 PM
Teamspeed Pro
big_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond repute
I almost forgot, I've cut my workouts to 2/wk and am doing no cardio other than regular short (1/2 a mile or so) walks. This last bit has helped out a lot.

Originally Posted by big_slacker
1 month in today on my weight gain. Remember that I posted 2 weeks ago I was up 9 lbs. I'm up exactly 10 at this point.

I attribute some of the early weight gain to water retention when I started using creatine. I cycled off the creatine for a week while I was travelling for business, so my new weight of 175 is legit. Only minor evidence of a 6 pack unless I flex my abs, but I'm not exactly a whale either. The extra size is evident on my arms, shoulders and chest. Wifey approved, she says that she doesn't care about abs.

My target at this point is 185. We'll see if I can continue with the 2.5 lbs a week schedule.

Old 03-26-2012, 04:26 PM
I love my DUCKS!
eddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond repute
fatty

today I actually changed it up a bit...
20 reps x 135 bench
20 reps x 185 squat
20 reps x 95 clean and press

for 3 sets... I was GASSED... 2 mins in between sets

Old 03-26-2012, 05:10 PM
GLN
Thor Liked My Watch
GLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond repute
Eddie, so you're doing only 1 set per exercise? Or you did 3 sets of 135 x 20rep?

I see a routine on the internet that I always want to try, but its also a one set per muscle routine and I wonder if I'd be setting myself back; despite the fact that each day is basically a full body workout.

Old 03-26-2012, 05:28 PM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
Originally Posted by GLN
Eddie, so you're doing only 1 set per exercise? Or you did 3 sets of 135 x 20rep?

I see a routine on the internet that I always want to try, but its also a one set per muscle routine and I wonder if I'd be setting myself back; despite the fact that each day is basically a full body workout.
Sounds similar to body building, no? If you are trying to get bigger, you will not set yourself back. Frequent full body work outs are actually not the best thing for adding lean muscle quickly due to overuse. Otherwise the Colorado Experiment (similar to 4hr Body) wouldn't have worked.

Old 03-26-2012, 07:00 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
Dorian Yates did that one (working)set per exercise thing...

but that might only work after years and years of getting to know your body and having reached that level of mind-muscle connection that you can really push it 100% of whats possible in that single working set

Old 03-26-2012, 07:16 PM
Teamspeed Pro
big_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond repute
If you wanna try another fun 20 rep method do the Randall Strossen "Super Squats" thing.

What you can squat for 10 reps. Squat it, don't rack the bar. Stand there breathing till you can do a single. Repeat till 20. It's pretty hard, that was actually my intro real lifting back in my teens.

Old 03-26-2012, 07:54 PM
GLN
Thor Liked My Watch
GLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond repute
I'm not trying to get much bigger... I'm trying to get lean.

Old 03-26-2012, 08:16 PM
Teamspeed Pro
That was just how I used it as a noob and lots of calories, obviously for an experienced lifter it's not like you're gonna do 20 rep squats and all of a sudden gain 10 lbs if you're dieting down.

Old 03-26-2012, 08:28 PM
GLN
Thor Liked My Watch
Sorry bud - I forgot to quote that... I was referring to Chase's post

Quick Reply: The Official TS Workout & Nutrition Thread