Notices
Health & Wellness Personal Training, Cycling, Running, Nutrition, & More Discussion Forum

The Official TS Workout & Nutrition Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2011, 02:40 AM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
I was honestly surprised how good I felt. Half marathon would be easy. A full no way but I've run 40 miles this year lol

Old 10-28-2011, 02:42 AM
Photographer Extraordinaire
atomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond repute
Tell that to Greta...she just ran her first full but she shared tales of her "training" adventures with us all on Facebook..if you're friends with her then you probably saw it. I've done so many half marathons but for some reason a full marathon still intimidates the heck outta me. Not sure if I could ever do one.

On another matter, I've been doing Crossfit for the last 2 months and I really have been enjoying it. Yesterday was absolutely the toughest session thus so far. This is what we had to do.

20 minutes total...as many rounds as possible

Each round consists of:

3 wall climbs (starting with feet going up the wall until our chest touches)
20 burpees (minus the jumps)
5 pass throughs with arms on two boxes supporting our body on either side swinging forward and back with our heel and toes touching the ground
20 grasshoppers with our opposite knees touching our elbows

Most did 6-7 and I managed 12.1 rounds before the time was up. I honestly thought I was going to pass out but the coach told us beforehand that the top female athlete managed 32 rounds of this!!!

Last edited by atomic80; 10-28-2011 at 02:48 AM.
Old 10-28-2011, 02:47 AM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
I don't go on FB but a couple times a month if that for a minute or two. I didn't see any of her posts.

I'd love to run a full. No time in my life for that. It's honestly one of my only Bucket list items.

Old 10-28-2011, 03:37 AM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by atomic80

On another matter, I've been doing Crossfit for the last 2 months and I really have been enjoying it. Yesterday was absolutely the toughest session thus so far. This is what we had to do.

Each round consists of:

5 pass throughs with arms on two boxes supporting our body on either side swinging forward and back with our heel and toes touching the ground

Most did 6-7 and I managed 12.1 rounds before the time was up. I honestly thought I was going to pass out but the coach told us beforehand that the top female athlete managed 32 rounds of this!!!
You are an animal! I got through 7 rounds and half way through the pass throughs - completed 8 rounds in 21:10.

This is the workout and times posted on the main page:

Complete as many rounds as possible in 20 minutes of:
3 Wall climbs
10 Up-downs
5 Parallette pass-throughs (forward + back = 1)
10 Grasshoppers (right + left = 1)

For the wall climbs, toes and chest touch the ground to toes and chest touch the wall. For the up-downs, thighs touch the ground then stand up fully. For the pass-throughs, the hips open at the front and back. For the grasshoppers, the shin contacts the opposite forearm.

Kristan Clever 10 rounds + 5 up-downs, Whitney Heuser 8 rounds + 5 pass-throughs, Cara Hipskind 7 rounds + 10 up-downs, Rebecca Voigt 7 rounds + 7 up-downs.

edit: and a link to a vid of the workout.

Last edited by Alex; 10-28-2011 at 03:38 AM.
Old 10-28-2011, 03:49 AM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the vid Alex, I didn't really get the wall climb part ( to tired to read )

Old 10-28-2011, 09:51 AM
Rolex Fanboy
Tell that to Greta...she just ran her first full but she shared tales of her "training" adventures with us all on Facebook..if you're friends with her then you probably saw it. I've done so many half marathons but for some reason a full marathon still intimidates the heck outta me. Not sure if I could ever do one.

Each round consists of:

Ok I don't believe you. 12 rounds in 20 minutes.
Where do I go to time and count this and video it here for proof.

I believe you have those weights to lift for me as well.

So the whole workout is 20 minutes and you go home? Even if it's hard as hell that's still only 20 minutes of cardio. Why not 40?

Old 10-28-2011, 09:54 AM
Teamspeed Pro
big_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond repute
I got over my food poisoning, went on a weekend work trip where I got in a 2 mile walk and a workout but contracted a cold somewhere along the way. Rough couple of weeks, and I'm going back on the road today. Hopefully I'll be able to get some workouts in over the weekend, but today I need to rest.

Old 10-28-2011, 10:12 AM
Banned
bmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond repute

Each round consists of:

Glad you are sticking with it Jason. We had a monster yesterday as well. Nothing will ever top the 9/11 WOD we did though. I still have nightmares about it.

Originally Posted by Alex
You are an animal! I got through 7 rounds and half way through the pass throughs - completed 8 rounds in 21:10.

This is the workout and times posted on the main page:

Complete as many rounds as possible in 20 minutes of:
3 Wall climbs
10 Up-downs
5 Parallette pass-throughs (forward + back = 1)
10 Grasshoppers (right + left = 1)

For the wall climbs, toes and chest touch the ground to toes and chest touch the wall. For the up-downs, thighs touch the ground then stand up fully. For the pass-throughs, the hips open at the front and back. For the grasshoppers, the shin contacts the opposite forearm.

Kristan Clever 10 rounds + 5 up-downs, Whitney Heuser 8 rounds + 5 pass-throughs, Cara Hipskind 7 rounds + 10 up-downs, Rebecca Voigt 7 rounds + 7 up-downs.

Got to meet Voight and Clever three weeks ago as well as Annie T. and Libby DiBiase. Some good looking fit girls.

Originally Posted by h20skier

So the whole workout is 20 minutes and you go home? Even if it's hard as hell that's still only 20 minutes of cardio. Why not 40?
It's probably possible. I'm not sure of J's athletic abilities though.

You should give Crossfit a try Mark I think you'd really enjoy it. Definitely a Type A personality thing IMO. What JT isn't saying is that in addition to the 20 minute WOD you typically do a warm up which would be a workout in most peoples book as well as skill/strength work inbetween the too. Stay tuned for pics of Lauren next week. She has her bikini comp after 4 months of only doing Crossfit. 3 hours a week. The results are INSANE. I'm still trying to find any fat that may be left.

Old 10-28-2011, 10:16 AM
Photographer Extraordinaire
atomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alex

It was one of the toughest routines that I've had to do and it didn't help that we all had to run around one city block (800 meters) as fast as possible and then do 5 rounds of 100 meter rows as a warm up before doing this routine

Originally Posted by strebo
Thanks for the vid Alex, I didn't really get the wall climb part ( to tired to read )
Sorry I did a bad job describing the wall climb. It's tough to describe I guess. It was TOUGH to do. My wrists hurt this morning from that. So much weight on them for sure. I think I hurt everywhere else too.

Originally Posted by h20skier

You never believe anything I say, Mark, so what difference does it make. Josh, you remember him? The dude with the Volvo? He managed to do 10 so he wasn't that far behind me. Years of personal training and running has gotten me into great shape but I'd say that Crossfit has taken that to a whole another level.

What weights are you talking about? And see above..we usually do a warm up plus a "skill" exercise. In this case, the "skill" was to learn how to use the rowing machine properly. I had no idea that I was doing it all wrong. I managed 100 meters in 16.9 seconds but this HUGE dude managed it in 15.5. My jaws dropped when I saw this happen. I had much respect for him!

Old 10-28-2011, 10:17 AM
Banned
bmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond repute
For the record our WOD last night was:

Warm Up:
10 Burpees
20 KB Swings
30 Sit-ups
40 Squats

WOD:

Part I.
With a partner ....
400m run carrying 3-53# Kettlebells
400m run without the KB's
200m run carrying 3-53# Kettlebells
200m run without
100m run with
100m run without

Part II

2 minutes for reps of each of the following exercices done with 20lb Med Ball:
Med Ball Complex ( R Lunge, L Lunge, R Lunge, L lunch, 4 Squats, 4 ball slams)
Med Ball Sit Ups (Ball must touch ground behind head and infront of feet for rep to count.
Med Ball Twist (Feet must be elevated for Rep to count)
Med Ball Strike (Hold med ball over head with arms locked) .......... WAY harder than I thought it would be.

Quick Reply: The Official TS Workout & Nutrition Thread