Notices
Health & Wellness Personal Training, Cycling, Running, Nutrition, & More Discussion Forum

The Official TS Workout & Nutrition Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 10:35 AM
Teamspeed Pro
big_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond repute
Just had one of my old standbys, works great for breakfast or right before bed. 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1 scoop chocolate protein powder, 1 tbsp natural almond butter. Stir it all up WELL. I hate cottage cheese, doesn't matter in this form. Lots of protein, lots of fat to keep you satisfied, ready to eat in 30 seconds.

Old 09-27-2011, 12:38 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Ag Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond repute
Got through my entire workout last night. After I finished my last set, I smashed my finger returning a dumbbell to the rack (careless). My fingernail took most of the impact and was filled with blood within a second. The throbbing kept getting worse throughout the night so I googled solutions. I ended up piercing my nail with a hot paperclip. The fountain of blood was gloriously relieving. The pain went away almost immediately. I have pics if anyone is interested!

Old 09-27-2011, 12:40 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Ag Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Bonita
Okay so i worked out twice this week, for an hour each time. to me thats a good start.

need some suggestions on what kind of a diet should i follow, and how many kilos it will allow me to loose per month? please?
If you are serious about health and not just weight, I would recommend a plant based diet. You'll lose weight and get healthy at the same time.

Old 09-27-2011, 12:44 PM
Bo means business
Bonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond repute
Honestly i just wana lose weight.. Plant based diet means only Vegs right? i dont think i can pull that off, i like meat way too much

Old 09-27-2011, 12:47 PM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
I wouldn't worry so much sweet chump chop princess - it's just more of you to love

Old 09-27-2011, 12:47 PM
KT
I give good hugs. Bo, you're first.
KT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond repute
Plant based diet means only Vegs right? i dont think i can pull that off, i like meat way too much
You and me both. I could never be a vegetarian. I can't even give up carbs.

Old 09-27-2011, 12:51 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Honestly i just wana lose weight.. Plant based diet means only Vegs right? i dont think i can pull that off, i like meat way too much
I love meat more than anyone I know, but its link to heart disease and cancer is very strong. Check out a documentary called Forks Over Knives where they examine a 10 year study on the topic. It's on Netflix. By the way, I still eat meat, just A LOT less.

Old 09-27-2011, 04:14 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
I've got a sure fire way to lose weight.
If you follow it I guarantee weight loss.

You can eat all the foods you love as well.

1) Eat Less
2) Exercise More

It's a very tough two step process with guaranteed results.

What ever you used to eat. Cut in in half.
Work out 5-6 days a week. Cardio almost everyday with some soft weights thrown in. No Serena Williams needed here.

Oh ya. Drink 96 ounces of water a day and quit drinking CRAP. Soda, Alcohol etc. That's just shit your body doesn't need.

Eat everything else you like in moderation. After a week of doing it you won't need as much to satisfy your hunger and you win. Weight falls off.

One more time

1) Eat Less
2) Exercise More

Old 09-27-2011, 06:40 PM
Teamspeed Member
Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Hi guys,

I am a new member from Australia. I am heavily into training and diet, more so power lifting.

I have a full spread sheet with alot of foods and their protiens, carbs, fats,and serving size that you can put in your quantity you ate of everything and then it will do a break down in % of protien carbs and fat for the day, aswell as plug in you BMI and it will tell you if you above or below it for the day all set up as formulas in excel.

Would anyone like this?

Old 09-27-2011, 09:26 PM
Teamspeed Pro
big_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds awesome, if you want PM me and I'll shoot you my email.

As for meat causing cancer or veg diets being more healthy, that subject is heavily debated with no clear cut answer. Remember that a documentary showing one study just means that study came to a conclusion. Other studies have not been nearly so damning and have allowed the possibility that there are other factors in cancer than meat consumption (prep technique, the rest of the diet, veggie folks being more health conscious in general, etc...) or even food consumption.

I don't fall on either side of the fence, but I would advise anyone to eat more veggies if they care about health. I wouldn't advise dropping meat from the diet at this point.

Quick Reply: The Official TS Workout & Nutrition Thread