Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3RS 4.0 Limited Edition - Official Information Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 09:27 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
for those of you who drive a 911, you know this car will never ever have a V8 unless the engine is moved to the mid-section... a rear-engined V8 911 will require too much "magic" to handle properly... and if they do turn it into a mid-engined car, the driving experience would totally change, making it no longer a "911"...

Old 12-06-2010, 12:21 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
savyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ressy
Pls forgive me for my English....
What i meant is that in the LE there will not be drastic changes compared to the 2010/2011 GT3 RS (MKII).
The LE will differ from the "normal" RS in Engine (4.0), weight (CF elements) and maybe some aereodinamics parts.
More or less the differences will be just like between GT2 and GT2RS:
So, there will not be KERS, 8cyl engines or other similar things I read on this topic...
Why would this not surprise me AT ALL? And I totally agree with posters speculations/facts. Becoming very jaded as to model enhancement expectations. Aside from 4.0, looking like another parts bin exercise- I fear...

A GT3RS with GT2RS carbon bits and the upgraded motor. Or said another way- a GT2RS with a 4.0 naturally aspirated motor.

Just like a Chinese or Mexican restaurant- all meals have same ingredients, just rearranged.

PS- the only saving grace will be if this is AN EXTREMELY LIMITED EDITION.

Last edited by savyboy; 12-06-2010 at 12:25 PM.
Old 12-06-2010, 02:01 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
if my information is correct, and this thing is 12-13% above the GT3RS list price, it puts it at a nice discount to the GT2RS, making it an even more appealing car, giving you room for a Cooper S Works and a tricked out Harley on the side!

Old 12-06-2010, 03:02 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by daedton
Carrara, thanks for bringing up the mood. Seeing those renderings just makes me want this to be real that much more. IMHO if it is "just" a slight difference (4.0, 500hp, lighter, revised aero) that seals it for me. All RS's will always be in demand. I have an 07 RS. Love it. Track it all the time and I'll continue to do it. For those of you that also do this, you know what I mean. Actually experiencing what these can do out there is the reason to buy one. I hope Porsche makes this car and it looks CLOSE to Carrara's rending.
Thanks. I thought I'd tell you why I made each piece the way I did.

Carbon Hood - The GT2 RS has them, so why not?
Canards - Inspired by the Audi R8 GT and 911 GT3 R Hybrid
Wider front fenders - wider=faster (in the turns)
GT3 R Splitter - It makes it look much better and it fits the wider fenders
GT3 R Hybrid Rear intakes - Inspired by a spy picture

Larger Wing - Just for fun
Decals - Inspired by the GT3 R Hybrid and GT3 RS
Split Fog/Intake - Inspired by the GT3 R

Old 12-06-2010, 03:54 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
savyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond repute
I am convinced this is one of the 4.0L RS's undergoing testing. See the carbon front fenders? See the one-piece, painted, rockers (sills)? See the weird 4-white-LED rear taillights? See the different color centerlocks?

You tell me?

Hanging out with three of its Weissach buddies. Photos previously posted to RennTeam 2.0 by a sharp-eyed European gentleman:

Attached Images     
Old 12-06-2010, 03:57 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Haven't read the whole thread but I have THE ONLY ONE of its kind limited Edition GT3RS at home in my garage.

It's the only one with that particular Vin#

Old 12-06-2010, 03:58 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
^^^^ I'll be really disappointed if it looks anything like that. I hope that's not it.

Old 12-06-2010, 04:00 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
savyboy is absolutely right!!

Old 12-06-2010, 04:00 PM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
I can't for the world of me understand why all Porsche test mules are US spec cars. Is it so they're allowed to do road tests there?

Old 12-06-2010, 04:56 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond repute
This is all very confusing. what does a potential GT3RS buyer do? Buy the current one or wait for the new one?

Quick Reply: GT3RS 4.0 Limited Edition - Official Information Thread!