Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3RS 4.0 Limited Edition - Official Information Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 04:10 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
^^ little disappointing, but happy it doesn't come with PDK. Glad you stuck with the GT2 rs.

Old 03-26-2011, 04:50 PM
Teamspeed Pro
wyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond repute
Not disappointed at all, that sounds completely realistic. Silly to put out now, but realistic.

Old 03-26-2011, 04:58 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Here's another with an unpainted hood.

Old 03-26-2011, 04:59 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
BB, I heard similar things about the engine spec yesterday, as well as the carbon hood also remaining unpainted like the 2RS. Thanks for all the other information.

Old 03-26-2011, 05:45 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by BBTurbo
I finally received some info on the LE today. It's different from what we've been expecting. The source is credible, but that doesn't mean he/she is 100% correct. Here's a summary.

1) Porsche will not announce the car on April 7th. They don't announce new models on Thursdays. They also would announce a car of this magnitude at some type of "event". There are no events on April 7th. My source said the announce will be in May, but no specific day given. Porsche feels that they announced so many cars in the last few months that they want the dust to settle. This will be the last 997 announced and then the 998 will start to get revealed. LE's will be delivered to US in August and Sept. That would be a major disappointment. We've already waited a long time.

2) 4.0L yes. 485 HP, not 500. NO PDK.

3) CF Hood and Fenders from GT2RS - No Surprise

4) Only slightly lighter than the GT3RS

5) New graphics and paint schemes - no surprise

6) Aero will be enhanced, but don't expect RSR style aero

7) Two tone interior options ala GT2RS.

8) Some suspension tweaks

9) $185k MSRP. With CF options it's over $200k.

Overall, what I took away from this is a limited edition GT3RS that simply combines the GT2RS and GT3RS body parts with a 4.0l engine. I'm hoping it's a little more unique than that.
Sounds like a glorified GT3RS, versus a "street" RSR... I'd be disappointed with the above...

Old 03-26-2011, 08:04 PM
sean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BBTurbo
I finally received some info on the LE today. It's different from what we've been expecting. The source is credible, but that doesn't mean he/she is 100% correct. Here's a summary.

1) Porsche will not announce the car on April 7th. They don't announce new models on Thursdays. They also would announce a car of this magnitude at some type of "event". There are no events on April 7th. My source said the announce will be in May, but no specific day given. Porsche feels that they announced so many cars in the last few months that they want the dust to settle. This will be the last 997 announced and then the 998 will start to get revealed. LE's will be delivered to US in August and Sept. That would be a major disappointment. We've already waited a long time.

2) 4.0L yes. 485 HP, not 500. NO PDK.

3) CF Hood and Fenders from GT2RS - No Surprise

4) Only slightly lighter than the GT3RS

5) New graphics and paint schemes - no surprise

6) Aero will be enhanced, but don't expect RSR style aero

7) Two tone interior options ala GT2RS.

8) Some suspension tweaks

9) $185k MSRP. With CF options it's over $200k.

Overall, what I took away from this is a limited edition GT3RS that simply combines the GT2RS and GT3RS body parts with a 4.0l engine. I'm hoping it's a little more unique than that.
I can confirm most of what you said. Sounds like we may have the same contact...

Old 03-26-2011, 08:57 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
if it's just a 4.0L 3RS you might as well 3.9 a 7.1 RS and save 100k.

Old 03-27-2011, 03:03 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ressy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the rough
If BBTurbo's contact is right I wonder what Pre-Serie model has seen my contact....
Not seeing ourselves we have to rely on other....At this point we better wait for the official announcement by Porsche to avoid troubles!

Old 03-27-2011, 04:54 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
poniello has a spectacular aura aboutponiello has a spectacular aura aboutponiello has a spectacular aura aboutponiello has a spectacular aura aboutponiello has a spectacular aura aboutponiello has a spectacular aura aboutponiello has a spectacular aura aboutponiello has a spectacular aura aboutponiello has a spectacular aura aboutponiello has a spectacular aura aboutponiello has a spectacular aura about
no RSR style?

Old 03-27-2011, 05:17 AM
Teamspeed Member
A430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to all
Booooo, all this hype for 485 hp and 8,500 redline? Might rethink my order. Come on Porsche, let the Metzer block go with a bang, don't hold back!!! <frustrated>!

Quick Reply: GT3RS 4.0 Limited Edition - Official Information Thread!