Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3RS 4.0 Limited Edition - Official Information Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2010, 04:51 PM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
dilute |diˈloōt; dī-|
verb [ trans. ]
reduce the value of (a shareholding) by issuing more shares in a company without increasing the values of its assets.

in this case.
reduce the value of a brand/model by producing more variations within a model line without increasing the value of the line.

It does not get any more straightforward than that. Quantity of models added to the line up is not proportional to value added by those models.

Old 12-05-2010, 09:13 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
To bring up the mood and enthusiasm of this car, I decided to see what it would look like on the Nordschleife.

PM me for 1920x1200

And if you want it in a different color, just ask

Old 12-05-2010, 09:29 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
No graphics.

Old 12-06-2010, 03:55 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ressy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by marakji
like a few before me said, 500 bhp, 4.0 liters, weight savings by having optional CF parts as in the GT2RS... that's the bulk of it... car looking to be around 12-13% above GT3RS as initial indicative price... maybe a few tiny fins here and there for added visual differentiation...
The LE will be based on 2011 RS model.
Different engine, lighter and maybe some aerodinamics peculiarities to make it different from the 3.8.
Not more than that.
As far as the presentation in January is concerned, it could be not a speculation....

Old 12-06-2010, 04:14 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
what do you mean "2011 RS" model? different engine would be the 4.0 500 bhp!

Old 12-06-2010, 05:27 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ressy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by marakji
what do you mean "2011 RS" model? different engine would be the 4.0 500 bhp!
Pls forgive me for my English....
What i meant is that in the LE there will not be drastic changes compared to the 2010/2011 GT3 RS (MKII).
The LE will differ from the "normal" RS in Engine (4.0), weight (CF elements) and maybe some aereodinamics parts.
More or less the differences will be just like between GT2 and GT2RS:
So, there will not be KERS, 8cyl engines or other similar things I read on this topic...
By the way... 8 Cyl on a 911 Porsche... this is pure blasphemy

Old 12-06-2010, 07:09 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by Ressy
Pls forgive me for my English....
What i meant is that in the LE there will not be drastic changes compared to the 2010/2011 GT3 RS (MKII).
The LE will differ from the "normal" RS in Engine (4.0), weight (CF elements) and maybe some aereodinamics parts.
More or less the differences will be just like between GT2 and GT2RS:
So, there will not be KERS, 8cyl engines or other similar things I read on this topic...
By the way... 8 Cyl on a 911 Porsche... this is pure blasphemy
I think there is a huge difference between a GT2 and GT2 RS, nevertheless, I understand what you're trying to say.

Old 12-06-2010, 07:38 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
MJSpeed is on a distinguished roadMJSpeed is on a distinguished roadMJSpeed is on a distinguished roadMJSpeed is on a distinguished roadMJSpeed is on a distinguished road
Porsche has done this before:

Carrera 2.7 RS (1075 kg)
Carrera 2.7 RS Lightweight (975 kg)
Carrera 3.0 RS (900 kg)

993 RS
993 RS Clubsport

Old 12-06-2010, 08:24 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
daedton is an unknown quantity at this point
Carrara, thanks for bringing up the mood. Seeing those renderings just makes me want this to be real that much more. IMHO if it is "just" a slight difference (4.0, 500hp, lighter, revised aero) that seals it for me. All RS's will always be in demand. I have an 07 RS. Love it. Track it all the time and I'll continue to do it. For those of you that also do this, you know what I mean. Actually experiencing what these can do out there is the reason to buy one. I hope Porsche makes this car and it looks CLOSE to Carrara's rending.

11 RS LE (deposit down)
11 RS PTS (being built)
07 RS
98 C2S
97 C4S
77 911S

Old 12-06-2010, 08:33 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Ludas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond repute
Quite a nice collection you seem to have daedton. I vote you start a thread in the garage section and show us some pics of those beauties

Quick Reply: GT3RS 4.0 Limited Edition - Official Information Thread!