Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3RS 4.0 Limited Edition - Official Information Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 05:05 AM
TS Official Automotive Enthusiast
D55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond repute
Little hint I have recieved today:

There will be a special version based on GT3 RS, this car will feature 4.0l engine and will be presented in May 2011 as the very last version of 997 model run. Launch of 991 will take place a bit later, public launch to take place a Frankfurt 2011, some press or private evens or so may happen earlier, they are yet tbd.

Old 10-24-2010, 06:36 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Ludas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond repute
Any hints on whether the 991 will have 6 or 8 cylinders?
I never thought I'd say this but I'm kinda hoping for 8 cylinders.

Old 10-24-2010, 09:02 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Hainz has a reputation beyond reputeHainz has a reputation beyond reputeHainz has a reputation beyond reputeHainz has a reputation beyond reputeHainz has a reputation beyond reputeHainz has a reputation beyond reputeHainz has a reputation beyond reputeHainz has a reputation beyond reputeHainz has a reputation beyond reputeHainz has a reputation beyond reputeHainz has a reputation beyond repute
12 x GT2 RS will be delivered in the Netherlands. One owners just gets 2 GT2 RS. One for use on the street, the other for track days.

Old 10-24-2010, 09:48 AM
TS Official Automotive Enthusiast
D55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ludas
I have no credible information about this and I will not be able to answer because I don't like speculation. I know that the main goal is better power delivery through all rev range and more torque at low revs. I am not sure if this means 8 cylinders, but that is main goal for 991 engines from what I was told. I will update if I will get any credible news about 991 engines.

Old 10-24-2010, 10:32 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ludas
As of right now, the only thing we know for sure is that there is a 991 prototype with an 8 cylinder engine. We don't know if this was an early prototype, if Porsche was just playing around, if it's a flat-8 or V8, but this car does exist. Here is the best spyshot showing the under-side of the 991.

As you can see though, I forgot to outline an exhaust pipe on the right side making this 991 an 8 cylinder. Also, judging by the exhaust configuration, it's a flat engine. It's still extremely hard to tell though.

Old 10-31-2010, 11:35 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
picked up a 2011 GT3 monday, and put my name down for the RS Limited Edition, so what's new on that!!!

Old 10-31-2010, 11:45 AM
ljg
Teamspeed Pro
ljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Carrara
As of right now, the only thing we know for sure is that there is a 991 prototype with an 8 cylinder engine. We don't know if this was an early prototype, if Porsche was just playing around, if it's a flat-8 or V8, but this car does exist. Here is the best spyshot showing the under-side of the 991.
We went through this already, that is a W-16. The exhaust piping resting under the back seat area is obscured by the shadows. My sources tell me that this is the proposed GT2XX configuration.

Old 10-31-2010, 12:03 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ljg
We went through this already, that is a W-16. The exhaust piping resting under the back seat area is obscured by the shadows. My sources tell me that this is the proposed GT2XX configuration.
Why does the 911 have to be so complicated!? I guess that's what makes it such a great car.

Old 11-22-2010, 12:47 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
triptoo is a name known to alltriptoo is a name known to alltriptoo is a name known to alltriptoo is a name known to alltriptoo is a name known to alltriptoo is a name known to alltriptoo is a name known to alltriptoo is a name known to alltriptoo is a name known to alltriptoo is a name known to alltriptoo is a name known to all
Just test drove a 997.2 GT3 and Turbo Cab PDK, pretty awesome Sunday. The dealer confirmed the Limited Edition is coming, probably in the spring, and will have the 4.0l engine with "probably 500 hp." He is hoping to get a couple allocations. Driving the GT3 and Turbo back to back was eye opening, the GT3 is so much more involving and fun. The Turbo was fast but did not feel that much faster than the GT3 and was pretty boring to be honest.

Old 11-23-2010, 06:36 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ressy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the rough
I confirm this LE will be coming out half 2011.
Confirmed also it will have a 4.0L with 500HP power plant.
It will be slightly lighter than the normal GT3 RS probably due to carbon fiber bonnet and other parts. (GT2 RS style)
I have just sold my GT3 RS MK2 and signed a contract for the LE with my Porsche Official Dealer.
The hard point is obtaining one has there will be only 10 imported in my country (Italy).
Let's cross the fingers...

Quick Reply: GT3RS 4.0 Limited Edition - Official Information Thread!