Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3RS 4.0 Limited Edition - Official Information Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2010, 01:16 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
When the tail goes out on my GT3, with all electronics switched off, it's a bitch to bring that car back... With a V8!! not sure how that would read out...

Old 12-07-2010, 03:06 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Not a V8 guys, an 8 cylinder. That's all that was said, and it was a comment made by a race car driver I'm sure you all know.

I'm glad that those "spy pictures" is actually just a 997.2 GT3, and not the GT3 RS LE.

Old 12-07-2010, 03:13 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
So it's a flat 8! New engine! Lighter than the current 6! More fuel efficient!! Sounds totally out of the box... Oh, and rear positioned!!

Old 12-07-2010, 04:04 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by marakji
So it's a flat 8! New engine! Lighter than the current 6! More fuel efficient!! Sounds totally out of the box... Oh, and rear positioned!!
Here's what the source said: They drove a 4.0 8 cylinder 911 prototype in Germany (he didn't specify flat-8 or V8) they said that the mule had no rear seats. They also said the reason for the 8 cylinder was for efficient, which makes no sense to me at all. Lastly, they said that this GT3 RS LE will be the last flat 6 911 ever. They also said Porsche would move to an 8 cylinder to stay competitive in motorsports. That's all that was said.

The source drove an early test car, so maybe Porsche was just experimenting with an 8 cylinder, but I doubt Porsche would go out of their way to engineer a new engine just not to put it in the car. I've listened to the test mules in spy videos, and whatever kind of engine is in there, it''s definetly "Flat".

Personally, I'd be angry if the new 911 has a V8. If it has a flat-8, I might be a little bit more accepting.

Although my source is very reliable, I have a hard time believing him because the next generation Boxster/Cayman will have flat fours, and if the 911 has a flat-8, there will be no more flat-6 Porsche. Maybe Porsche will make all of the standard 911 models with flat 6 engines, and the "S" models with flat 8 engines. That would be cool I guess if the flat-8 was close enough to the flat 6.

All we can do is speculate, but we won't know the truth until the car comes out. So, it's too early to make any assumptions.

Old 12-07-2010, 04:16 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
vsll726 has a spectacular aura aboutvsll726 has a spectacular aura aboutvsll726 has a spectacular aura aboutvsll726 has a spectacular aura aboutvsll726 has a spectacular aura aboutvsll726 has a spectacular aura aboutvsll726 has a spectacular aura aboutvsll726 has a spectacular aura aboutvsll726 has a spectacular aura aboutvsll726 has a spectacular aura aboutvsll726 has a spectacular aura about
Buy them all!!!

Old 12-07-2010, 04:23 PM
Teamspeed Member
AlexG has a reputation beyond reputeAlexG has a reputation beyond reputeAlexG has a reputation beyond reputeAlexG has a reputation beyond reputeAlexG has a reputation beyond reputeAlexG has a reputation beyond reputeAlexG has a reputation beyond reputeAlexG has a reputation beyond reputeAlexG has a reputation beyond reputeAlexG has a reputation beyond reputeAlexG has a reputation beyond repute
I heard the same thing about the flat 8..

Old 12-07-2010, 07:10 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Carrara
All we can do is speculate, but we won't know the truth until the car comes out. So, it's too early to make any assumptions.
That's all you do.

Old 12-07-2010, 08:27 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
BBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 81911
That's all you do.
Not too early. 490ish HP, 4.0L. Will be announced at Detroit Auto show. Only thing I can't confirm is PDK or no PDK. I cancelled my GT2RS for this car so I'm 99.99% sure it's a go.

Old 12-07-2010, 08:48 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
490hp N/A 4.0 Liter! Holy cow yes please!

Old 12-07-2010, 09:01 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by DJ
490hp N/A 4.0 Liter! Holy cow yes please!
I know crazy! I really hope it gets aero like the aero in my renders.

Quick Reply: GT3RS 4.0 Limited Edition - Official Information Thread!