Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3RS 4.0 Limited Edition - Official Information Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2010 | 11:16 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
911TurboS2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Porsche marketing research (see even updated 'Excellence is Expected') shows that no matter how owners complain about what they owned and thought were the most exclusive editions of a model (e.g., 997.2 GT3RS), they will still continue to buy the latest and greatest limited editions. It's a very different demographic than Walmart or Ferrari. And note that all of the dealers on this thread said they did not believe that this was going to become a reality - they still have to move stock and sell the less than greatest and latest. My sense is that if they complained so much, it must be true.

Last edited by 911TurboS2; 12-05-2010 at 11:20 AM.
Old 12-05-2010 | 11:18 AM
Teamspeed Pro
4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 911TurboS2
Porsche marketing research (see even updated 'Excellence is Expected') shows that no matter how owners complain about what they owned were the most exclusive editions of a model (e.g., 997.2 GT3RS), they will still continue to buy the latest and greatest limited editions. It's a very different demographic than Walmart or Ferrari.
So in essence more suckers buy Porsches than Ferraris?

Old 12-05-2010 | 11:19 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Sorry but I find the veyron pig-ugly... I hope they bring back some vintage flashy color like the orange and green on the MKI GT3RS... Maybe that gold color from the early production Carrera Turbo (before calling plain Turbo)...

Old 12-05-2010 | 12:24 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
MJSpeed is on a distinguished roadMJSpeed is on a distinguished roadMJSpeed is on a distinguished roadMJSpeed is on a distinguished roadMJSpeed is on a distinguished road
Maritime or Oslo blue, yellow, green, orange, red and white.

Old 12-05-2010 | 12:31 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Sechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond repute
The funniest thing with all this gt car hype, IMHO, the CGT is and will always be "the best". Those who opted in for a CGT hasnt had much to be upset about...haha.

Old 12-05-2010 | 02:20 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
The CGT is a totally different car, and has nothing to do with the iconic 911... This a car nearing 50 years of heritage... I'll take a 993 GT2 over a CGT anytime... And THAT is IMHO ))

Old 12-05-2010 | 04:04 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
I just don't understand how making an exclusive 500hp Porsche 911 is brand dilution.

Oh ya, and the CGT is the best car ever built. This is my last 'brand dilution argument' post in this thread though, I'm just going to enjoy whatever Porsche decides to do. And this new 911 is one of them.

Last edited by Carrera; 12-05-2010 at 04:10 PM.
Old 12-05-2010 | 04:07 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Carrara
I just don't understand how making an exclusive 500hp Porsche 911 is brand dilution.
Jesus Christ.
Go back to doodling.

Old 12-05-2010 | 04:14 PM
Teamspeed Pro
burnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond repute
I'm just going to enjoy whatever Porsche decides to do. And this new 911 is one of them.
And the 3,000 special editions that come along with it? Give me a break.

Old 12-05-2010 | 04:20 PM
Teamspeed Pro
4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 81911
I was referring to the Cajun. Not the 911s diluting the brand.

Oh ya, and the CGT is the best car ever built. This is my last 'brand dilution argument' post in this thread though, I'm just going to enjoy whatever Porsche decides to do. And this new 911 is one of them.

Quick Reply: GT3RS 4.0 Limited Edition - Official Information Thread!