Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3RS 4.0 Limited Edition - Official Information Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 05:10 PM
The black sheep of the family.
vtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond repute
God damn.

Close this train wreck of a thread.

Old 12-07-2010, 08:03 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
MJSpeed is on a distinguished roadMJSpeed is on a distinguished roadMJSpeed is on a distinguished roadMJSpeed is on a distinguished roadMJSpeed is on a distinguished road
Mythic,

To answer your question, first you have to answer three questions.

1) Are you still in the market for a car that will be 12-15% more expensive?

2) Are you ok with losing a few thousand $/€/£¥ depending on where you live, just to be able to enjoy an RS right now?

3) Can you get your hands on a GT3RS LE allocation?

Old 12-07-2010, 10:34 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
wurlie is a name known to allwurlie is a name known to allwurlie is a name known to allwurlie is a name known to allwurlie is a name known to allwurlie is a name known to allwurlie is a name known to allwurlie is a name known to allwurlie is a name known to allwurlie is a name known to allwurlie is a name known to all
It's a narrowbody...

Originally Posted by savyboy
I am convinced this is one of the 4.0L RS's undergoing testing. See the carbon front fenders? See the one-piece, painted, rockers (sills)? See the weird 4-white-LED rear taillights? See the different color centerlocks?

You tell me?

Hanging out with three of its Weissach buddies. Photos previously posted to RennTeam 2.0 by a sharp-eyed European gentleman:
Savy - sorry to disappoint - I have one just like that in my garage. It is a narrowbody with RS rear lid and wing.
It _might_ have a 4L engine, but you cannot tell from the outside.
The sill is from a narrowbody.
My EU 2010 has the 4 side LEDs.
The centrelocks are grey from a GT3.
I do think, however, that a narrowbody with RS aero, CUP final drive, CUP intake, RS LWFW and RS 6th gear is the way to go but I would say so myself, wouldn't I?
Best, w

Attached Images  
Old 12-07-2010, 10:42 AM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
^ Is that one of those GT3 RS Limited Croatian Editions?

Old 12-07-2010, 11:09 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
wurlie is a name known to allwurlie is a name known to allwurlie is a name known to allwurlie is a name known to allwurlie is a name known to allwurlie is a name known to allwurlie is a name known to allwurlie is a name known to allwurlie is a name known to allwurlie is a name known to allwurlie is a name known to all
Originally Posted by jox
^ Is that one of those GT3 RS Limited Croatian Editions?
Yes, part of the Croatian carbage edition.
w

Old 12-07-2010, 11:49 AM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
This car is becoming like BIGFOOT

Old 12-07-2010, 11:49 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ressy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Mythic
This is all very confusing. what does a potential GT3RS buyer do? Buy the current one or wait for the new one?
I tell you what I've just done: sold my GT3 RS MKII with 7000Km (still at a VERY good price) and signed a contract for the LE.

Old 12-07-2010, 11:52 AM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
Io amo il tuo avatar, Ressy!!

Old 12-07-2010, 11:57 AM
Teamspeed Pro
hg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Ressy
I tell you what I've just done: sold my GT3 RS MKII with 7000Km (still at a VERY good price) and signed a contract for the LE.

Old 12-07-2010, 12:03 PM
Teamspeed Pro
wyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by marakji
for those of you who drive a 911, you know this car will never ever have a V8 unless the engine is moved to the mid-section... a rear-engined V8 911 will require too much "magic" to handle properly... and if they do turn it into a mid-engined car, the driving experience would totally change, making it no longer a "911"...
Could be true but new V8s can be lighter. The V8 in the current M3 is something like 30 lbs lighter than the S54 I6 from the E46 M3.

Quick Reply: GT3RS 4.0 Limited Edition - Official Information Thread!