Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

The Official UFC Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 01:09 AM
Super Super Super Member!
Super D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond repute
I'm not sure Jackson's committed to fighting anymore. He yo-yo's in and out of shape, doesn't train hard enough even when he's on a program. He's been in it since '99. I'm not expecting him to get better. In all likelihood, he'll get worse, more distracted by other opportunities, and that's really okay. He's got a family and entertainment opp's to pay the bills now. He's had a solid career. I like him. Just not expecting him to get back to the top of his division, rather expecting him to take a few more fights, maybe three or four tops, then call it quits.

Btw, when I took my son to TUF Finale at the Palms in Nov, Rampage was in the elevator with me. He looked pretty lean actually, maybe 220. If he put on another 25lbs over that, he must be overeating. He's not that big of a guy.

Old 02-08-2011, 10:53 AM
Super Super Super Member!
Super D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond repute
Rashad Evans Talks About His Injury, Jon Jones and Rampage Jackson - Bloody Elbow

Rashad at 4:54 "I gave him [Rampage] his props, he beat Machida, I beat Machida..." wait, what?

Old 02-08-2011, 11:09 AM
Banned
C Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond repute
Evans is a punk and knows Jones would WHOOP his A$$

Old 02-08-2011, 12:47 PM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by C Money
Evans is a punk and knows Jones would WHOOP his A$$
I wouldnt go as far as saying hes a "punk" persay but 100% agree on that Evans knows Jones would hand him a SERIOUS beating!!! lol

Old 02-08-2011, 12:55 PM
Banned
C Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond repute
Oh no, i deeply feel Evans is a POS! Talented? Sure, but the guy is classless and a total punk! His and Koscheck are in the same league too me!

Old 02-08-2011, 08:21 PM
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Super D
Rashad at 4:54 "I gave him [Rampage] his props, he beat Machida, I beat Machida..." wait, what?
Ya i know right??? wtf...cuz...he got KTFO lol

Old 02-09-2011, 03:50 PM
ummmmmmmmmmmmm i dont think i like this very much...REALLY was looking forward to RAMPAGE vs SILVA...

Thiago Silva's status in doubt for UFC 130, "Rampage" Jackson could face Rashad Evans

Thiago Silva's status in doubt for UFC 130, "Rampage" Jackson could face Rashad Evans | MMAjunkie.com

"Light heavyweight slugger Thiago Silva (15-2 MMA, 6-2 UFC) may soon be forced out of a planned meeting with Quinton "Rampage" Jackson (31-8 MMA, 6-2 UFC) at UFC 130.

MMAjunkie.com (UFC blog for UFC news, UFC rumors, fighter interviews and event previews/recaps | MMAjunkie.com) has confirmed with multiple sources close to the event that Silva's participation in the May 28 card is in jeopardy, despite the fighter's insistence that all is well on the home front.

However, multiple sources confirmed with MMAjunkie.com that preliminary discussions with Rashad Evans (15-1-1 MMA, 10-1-1 UFC) to replace Silva are underway, though it's far too early to consider the rematch a done deal.

MMA Weekly.com was the first to report Silva's potential withdrawal, though representatives for both Jackson and Evans could not confirm the change. The reason for Silva's withdrawal also remains unknown.

Featuring a lightweight title rematch between champ Frankie Edgar and Gray Maynard, UFC 130 takes place at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.

Despite the reports, Silva today told Brazilian MMA website Tatame that he is "not injured" and "looking forward to fight Rampage."

UFC brass have yet to make an official announcement, and the Jackson vs. Silva matchup is still listed as UFC 130's co-main event on the company's official website.

Of significant potential interest, the Nevada State Athletic Commission has yet to release the drug screens from the night of Silva's most recent fight, a UFC 125 win over Brandon Vera that took place Jan. 1 in Las Vegas.

Nevada State Athletic Commision executive director Keith Kizer confirmed with MMAjunkie.com that the commission is still investigating at least one sample from the event. While Kizer could not confirm whether or not one of those samples belonged to Silva, the NSAC executive did confirm that Silva was among the UFC 125 fighters who submitted a pre-fight screen.

Former light heavyweight champ Evans was due to meet Mauricio "Shogun" Rua at next month's UFC 128 before a sprained MCL suffered in training forced him to withdraw. In his place, Jon Jones, a training partner and red-hot prospect, was slotted for the title bout following a dominant win over Ryan Bader at this past Saturday's UFC 126.

Jackson recently told MMAjunkie.com that he declined the March 19 title bout because he did not have the time to prepare properly for Rua."

Old 02-09-2011, 05:32 PM
Old 02-10-2011, 04:04 PM
Old 02-10-2011, 05:05 PM
Freddie Roach: St-Pierre vs. Silva is the Pacquiao vs. Mayweather of MMA

Freddie Roach: St-Pierre vs. Silva is the Pacquiao vs. Mayweather of MMA | MMAjunkie.com

"Count boxing guru Freddie Roach among those who can't wait to see UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre (21-2 MMA, 15-2 UFC) fight middleweight champion Anderson Silva (27-4 MMA, 12-0 UFC).

After watching boxing's biggest fight go the way of the dodo bird, the trainer, who's been a fistic consultant for both champs, thinks it's the biggest possible draw for MMA.

"It's Pacquiao-Mayweather in MMA," Roach told UFC broadcaster Joe Rogan on this week's episode of "UFC Ultimate Insider." "It's one guy going up in weight to fight the bigger and better – supposedly better – guy."

Roach, who's trained some of boxing's biggest stars including multi-division champ Manny Pacquiao, knows about the heartache that comes with lost opportunity. After endless months of rumors about a possible megafight between Pacquiao and welterweight champ Floyd Mayweather, he gave an interview this past November in which he said the fight would never happen.

To see a meeting of MMA greats in their prime must be a small consolation.

At this point, the 50-year-old Roach said he has a closer relationship to St-Pierre. The welterweight champ sought him out as he prepared for his sixth title defense at UFC 124 against Josh Koscheck, and later asked Roach to be his cornerman (Roach declined due to prior commitments).

Roach marveled at the discipline St-Pierre brought to the table during their work together and predicted a left hook knockout of Koscheck. (No such luck for St-Pierre, though he broke Koscheck's orbital bone in the first punch of the fight and dominated the standup action en route to a unanimous decision.)

It's been more than a year since Roach worked steadily with Silva, though his time with the middleweight champ certainly left an impression.

"Anderson is a better boxer at this point," Roach said.

But while Roach believes St-Pierre is somewhat of an underdog, he thinks he might be able to change that.

"There's some things I've learned about Anderson that I think I can help Georges with," he said. "Because I've worked with [Anderson] closely, and Anderson is a very clever fighter."

So clever, in fact, that Roach thinks Silva has often mailed it in during his long reign as middleweight champion.

That won't be an issue for this fight, he added.

"That's one fight I don't think you have to worry about Anderson not getting up for," he said. "He will get up for [St-Pierre]. Because he doesn't always get up for fights like talented people do at times. Sometimes it comes so easily and natural to them that they get a bit lazy.

"But for that fight, I expect both guys to be at their best. Georges is stronger physically and can rough him up on the inside. Anderson's more of a technician and knows distance. Distance is the key to that fight."

Now, it's just a matter of St-Pierre getting past Jake Shields (26-4-1 MMA, 1-0 UFC) at UFC 129, which takes place April 30 at Rogers Centre in Toronto.

Roach will have to cool his jets until then."

Quick Reply: The Official UFC Thread!