Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

The Official UFC Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 02:17 PM
Banned
C Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond repute
^^^ If shogun can chop jones down like he did Machida in the first match i don't think jones has a chance (this time).... Jones still has never been in "trouble" so until then, we know nothing.

Should be a great match, just think it's 1-2 fights too early for mr Bones

Old 02-06-2011, 03:12 PM
Super Super Super Member!
Super D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by C Money
^^^ If shogun can chop jones down like he did Machida in the first match i don't think jones has a chance (this time).... Jones still has never been in "trouble" so until then, we know nothing.

Should be a great match, just think it's 1-2 fights too early for mr Bones
I would agree that we haven't seen Jones in trouble, so we don't know what kind of heart he has when he's behind.

Machida got KO'd because he didn't commit and capitalize on positions he'd created with strikes, following through to control and set up finishes. His strategy was flawed, execution was poor, and he got caught. There's only so long you can go after Rua with one-shot attempts and no follow-thru, then dancing away. Not smart. I'm a big Machida fan, but that was a very disappointing thing to see for such a thoughtful guy. Nothing taken away from Rua, he's fantastic standing and on the ground. But Machida threw that fight away.

Jones has demonstrated some great smarts, has a very good strategic mind for this game, and I predict he'll come in ready for Rua and close the deal. I hope it's a battle, hope we see Jones challenged by a serious MMA and BJJ force, and I think in the end Jones will either sub Rua or get a TKO on the ground.

Or my name isn't Captain Chaos! Dant-dant-daaaaa!!!

Old 02-06-2011, 03:15 PM
Banned
C Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond repute
D, I was talking about the 1st match when Machida some how won (still can't figure that out)... I swear my legs hurt for 3 days just from watching it.

The second go around, I agree 100% he just didn't look prepared at all.

Luckily Bones won pretty easily last night, 6 weeks isn't much time to prepare for the fight of his life!

Old 02-06-2011, 03:23 PM
Super D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond repute
Miguel Torres tells the compelling story of the mullet he stole from his father. via @heavymma Fight Day: Another Side of Miguel Torres | HEAVY

Old 02-06-2011, 05:52 PM
Yeah, that first bout, Rua really did win by the numbers clearly. You take out the commentary by Rogan and Goldie, and by metrics, Machida should've lost. The judges weren't listening to commentary, or were they?

http://compustrike.com/stats_files/u...acHida-Rua.HTM

Old 02-06-2011, 05:57 PM
Silva had a leg up on Belfort last night at UFC 126. Toeriffic performance. Showed a lot of sole.

Last edited by Super D; 02-06-2011 at 06:01 PM.
Old 02-07-2011, 12:29 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
P///M215 is an unknown quantity at this point
SILVA FTW!!! his flying knees... unbelievable.

Old 02-07-2011, 08:06 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by Super D
Silva had a leg up on Belfort last night at UFC 126. Toeriffic performance. Showed a lot of sole.

Rex Ryan probably got chills and a lot envy of the position shogun was in!

Old 02-07-2011, 07:58 PM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
Old 02-07-2011, 11:49 PM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
Interesting...

"Rampage" Jackson cites poor timing, weight for UFC 128 title-fight decline

"Quinton "Rampage" Jackson wants to be well-prepared when he fights Mauricio "Shogun" Rua, and taking a fight with the UFC light-heavyweight champion on short notice runs contrary to that plan.

Jackson today responded to Rua's revelation that "Rampage" turned down a title shot that subsequently was given to Jon "Bones" Jones at UFC 126. The title-fight slot opened when Rashad Evans recently went down with a knee injury.

"I don't care who the opponent is," Jackson said in an exclusive interview with MMAjunkie.com (UFC blog for UFC news, UFC rumors, fighter interviews and event previews/recaps | MMAjunkie.com). "I'm not taking a fight on four weeks' notice."

The former UFC champion said he informed UFC president Dana White of his decision while attending this past weekend's pay-per-view event.

A UFC official confirmed that turn of events to MMAjunkie.com earlier today but declined to comment. Rua, though, told Tatame.com that he didn't know why Jackson declined.

"It's not enough time to get ready for a five-round fight," Jackson said. "Dana knows that. And 'Shogun,' he's a fighter, and he should know that. He shouldn't even go and say [expletive] like that with him being a fighter. He saw me at the fight this weekend. Everybody saw how big I am."

The former champ and star of the recent action blockbuster "The A-Team" recently returned to the gym and is still getting back into the groove. Jackson currently is scheduled to fight Thiago Silva (15-2 MMA, 6-2 UFC) at UFC 130, which takes place May 28 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. If he had taken the Rua fight, he'd have just six weeks to prepare. Right now, he has 12 weeks until UFC 130.

"I'm just doing maintenance training right now," Jackson said. "I just started back. I fought right before the holidays, and I went on vacation to see my family and took my kids to see their family in Japan.

"I've been living my life, so I gained a lot of weight. I'm a natural fighter. I don't do any drugs, and I don't know any high-performance drugs, so I have a natural body. My body gains weight when I don't train and I don't eat like I'm in camp."

Jackson (31-8 MMA, 6-2 UFC) said taking the fight with Rua (19-4 MMA, 3-2 UFC) at this point would force him to focus almost exclusively on losing weight. Although he has pined for a rematch with Rua since an April 2005 loss to the now-UFC champion, the circumstances aren't right.

"I'm 250 pounds, and I would have to lose 45 pounds in, what, three or four weeks?" he said. "The first time I fought 'Shogun,' I was injured going into that fight, and it's haunted me all the way up to now. I always believed the second time I fight 'Shogun' that I'm going to be close to 100 percent as possible.

"I don't want to have a rushed camp and have a last-minute fight to fight someone who's already beaten me. Even if they offered me Forrest (Griffin) or Rashad (Evans) in four weeks, I can't take that fight because I'm too big."

So for now, he plans to focus on Silva."

Quick Reply: The Official UFC Thread!