Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

The Official UFC Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 12:43 AM
I love my DUCKS!
eddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond repute
would be fun to watch a GSP vs Silva fight.

Old 02-06-2011, 12:53 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Renovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond repute
^^ I believe that is the fantasy fight in a lot of peoples minds for a loooong while and it just gets more intriguing.

Old 02-06-2011, 10:05 AM
Banned
C Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Renovatiopr
Jones is a very prosimisng fighter and has a big future in front of him. Him vs shogun right now I feel he could get overwhelmed but the kid is good.

Forest and Frank I saw it a draw but a great fight but if somebody deserved the edge slightly I think the nod was ok for Forrest.

Silva..... damn. I thought he would lose tonight but his arsenal is just out of this world and that kick is an instant classic... wow just wow. Silva again proves why he is on top of the sport. Also I was in the WTF zone when I saw Steven Segal saluting Silva before he got in the ring.
the segal thing got me to, Rogan explained how he has been training silva and being that seagal is a master akito it was a smart move.... might sound cheesy, but I swear that kick he landed to the head was straight out of a time to kill or numerous other SS movies.

Old 02-06-2011, 10:14 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Renovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond repute
^ LOL 1+ ... I heard what joe said but still I was in WTF Land.

A gif of the kick

Old 02-06-2011, 10:55 AM
TeH Ears
chokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond repute
I'm going to have to go back to the days of spending time actually paying attention to training camps as opposed to making picks based upon the style of the player out of personal preference.

That said, I'd hoped for more of a war between Forrest and Franklin. Although Forrest clearly won that simply because he pressed the action and controlled the pace the entire fight. I knew Franklin had it lost when in between the second and third rounds his corner told him that he "won" that round. When the corner is lying, it says a lot.

Silva/Belfort: Again, in my heart, I knew that from a purely technical stand point, Silva all day; but I wanted Silva. As good as Belfort IS, he did what happens occasionally to Muay Thai guys. Which is assume that front kick is only being used as a push, not a shot to the head.

The Torres fight... I literally struggled to stay awake. That kid fought to not lose.

Bader/Jones: I like Jones, but I "wanted" Bader simply because I like his version of aggressiveness. I was not prepared for how unprepared Bader was for Jones. He had no answer for anything that Jones through at him. We can now relegate Bader to gatekeeper status I think. We've seen the extent of his game, and there are more, better players in the wings. He hasn't bothered to take the time to develop.

Old 02-06-2011, 11:29 AM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
C MONEY!!! you get positive Rep ya won the bet

Old 02-06-2011, 11:30 AM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
Old 02-06-2011, 11:38 AM
Banned
C Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by McRae
C MONEY!!! you get positive Rep ya won the bet
smart ass! outside if belfort you called the night perfectly! mad props eh

Old 02-06-2011, 11:45 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
^ very good points

In the torres fight I liked it I dunno maybe because I have been a boxing fan for so long. I saw some resemblance in torres fight to company co-promoted ecko fighter puerto rico miguel cotto. I get that a fight plan on mma is way diferent than in boxing but in the stand up I saw similarities in torres from the sparin sessions he has had with cotto. But I get what you are saying that he fought not to lose, but I would not give the guy to much of a hard time since it was his first fight in the ufc.

The jones baner I expected the most but jones overwhelmed and I think he is been feed to the lions with shogun but love to jones to prove me wrong.

The forest frank I did not expect much but still I had it a draw but if the edge was deserved it was to forrest.

In the silva vitor well silva showed why he is were he is and the great arsenal he has and how elusive he is.

All in all a good fight night I would say, a worthy pay per view.

Old 02-06-2011, 01:57 PM
Super Super Super Member!
Super D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond repute
I predict Bones will beat Shogun. He's at the beginning, strong, young, fresh, learning at a nearly exponential rate. Shogun is nearing the end of his career; he'll be done within two to three years, or should be. The young lions coming out of top camps will keep coming, and the vets will be retiring.

On top of all that, Jones is one of the most multi-faceted, agile and talented fighters ever. I'd like to see him and Silva throw down at 205. Silva/GSP is an interesting idea, both phenom's, but with a 4" height and 2" reach advantage, it's really setting GSP up to fail.

Quick Reply: The Official UFC Thread!