Teamspeed.com

Teamspeed.com (https://teamspeed.com/forums/)
-   Sports (https://teamspeed.com/forums/sports/)
-   -   The Official UFC Thread! (https://teamspeed.com/forums/sports/49202-official-ufc-thread.html)

McRae 10-21-2010 04:25 PM

The Official UFC Thread!

Hey guys,

Big fight coming up this weekend.:spar:

For those that follow MMA but the UFC more precisely, SPIKE had a 3 Episode Primetime show leading up to this weekends fight.

Same deal as they did for GSP vs Penn II and Rashad vs Rampage...enjoy!

Episode 1 (part 1)

YouTube - UFC Primetime: Brock Lesnar Vs Cain Velasquez [EPISODE 1][HDTV][PART 1]

Episode 1 (part 2)

YouTube - UFC Primetime: Brock Lesnar Vs Cain Velasquez [EPISODE 1][HDTV][PART 2]

Episode 2 (part 1)

YouTube - UFC Primetime: Brock Lesnar Vs Cain Velasquez [EPISODE 2][HDTV][PART 1]

Episode 2 (part 2)

YouTube - UFC Primetime: Brock Lesnar Vs Cain Velasquez [EPISODE 2][HDTV][PART 2]

Episode 3 (part 1)

YouTube - UFC Primetime Lesnar vs. Velasquez EPISODE 3 Part 1

Episode 3 (part 2)

YouTube - UFC Primetime Lesnar vs. Velasquez EPISODE 3 Part 2

All We'll Drive 10-21-2010 04:45 PM

Saw this the other night and I am looking forward to watching this fight.

My pick = Lesnar

McRae 10-21-2010 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by All We'll Drive (Post 740714)
Saw this the other night and I am looking forward to watching this fight.

My pick = Lesnar

I got Lesnar as well...who do you have for the rest of the card???

Jake Shields vs. Martin Kampmann

Diego Sanchez vs. Paulo Thiago

Tito Ortiz vs. Matt Hamill

Brendan Schaub
vs. Gabriel Gonzaga

Court McGee vs. Ryan Jensen

Patrick Côté vs. Tom Lawlor

gmaccormack 10-21-2010 05:29 PM

I don't like lesner but he's still gonna win

C Money 10-21-2010 06:47 PM

I like Lesnar as well... Cain is a Bas A$$, but I think he is just WAY too small to match-up with brock... I might be wrong, but I think Carwin is the only one in the division that can compete right now.

McRae 10-21-2010 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by C Money (Post 740859)
I like Lesnar as well... Cain is a Bas A$$, but I think he is just WAY too small to match-up with brock... I might be wrong, but I think Carwin is the only one in the division that can compete right now.

i feel the same way...they are two MONSTERS...basically they both are Super Heavyweight but with that weight class non existant in the UFC they can prey on all the "small" Heavy weights lol

C Money 10-22-2010 09:55 AM

Cain's corner or "team" drive me nuts! I understand having confidence, but they act like Cain is a GOD and can do no wrong....

chokeu2 10-22-2010 10:27 AM

I do not like either one of these guys. But CV, is good. He however, represents what has caused me to become disenchanted with the UFC. The thug element. Imagine if a fighter had "white pride" tattooed across his chest...

Lesnar: He was brought in for the sake of marketing. He didn't earn a his place by grinding it out like other fighters do. However, I have to very begrudgingly give him respect because he has trained his ass off to work on his skill set.

Personally, I see no winner in this fight. But that is old age and idealism speaking. :D
Although, if Lesnar keeps working on his game, and stops being such a tool, he may become a good example for the UFC.

Picks?
Meh... I don't like the card other than Shields/Kampmann: To that, I'm going Shields.
And Schaub/Gonzaga: Gonzaga.

McRae, I'm curious on your call for Schaub. Very cool guy, but not sure why they'd match him with Gonzaga other than a shortage of big guys in the UFC.

C Money 10-22-2010 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by chokeu2 (Post 741333)
I do not like either one of these guys. But CV, is good. He however, represents what has caused me to become disenchanted with the UFC. The thug element. Imagine if a fighter had "white pride" tattooed across his chest...

Agree 100%, I am all for people being proud of there culture, but even the fans of CV make themselves look foolish... "see these colors, they mean victory"...

As much as people want to "dog" Brock for being "handed" this opportunity, I don't feel that just "anyone" can win the belt and if they can than that speaks badly of the UFC... We have seen other "freaks" in the sport and most don't pan out for the long run, Brock seems to be the real deal and proved a TON in my eye's after coming back from that 1st round beating he received from Carwin.

Brock is the Yankee's,Lakers,Cowboys of their respective leagues, you either LOVE him or HATE him, not really much "middle ground".

Choke I always appreciate your insight and would love to know what you think of Ryan Bader, I think the guy is a mental midget, but WOW he has all the skills needed to be the best in his class.... Thoughts?

chokeu2 10-22-2010 11:22 AM

Awesome way to define Brock C Money! Also, great point on what seems to be Lesnar's potential longevity.

re: LOL @ mental midget! Bader, this guy is one of my favorite HW's. He certainly has the game, and is getting better all the time. He is someone who is willing to grind it out, and prove his game.