Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

The Official UFC Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 02:07 AM
Banned
TORCH FRC is a glorious beacon of lightTORCH FRC is a glorious beacon of lightTORCH FRC is a glorious beacon of lightTORCH FRC is a glorious beacon of lightTORCH FRC is a glorious beacon of lightTORCH FRC is a glorious beacon of lightTORCH FRC is a glorious beacon of lightTORCH FRC is a glorious beacon of lightTORCH FRC is a glorious beacon of lightTORCH FRC is a glorious beacon of lightTORCH FRC is a glorious beacon of light
Siver FTW

Old 02-28-2011, 01:31 PM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TORCH FRC
Siver FTW
agreed..big fan of Siver!!!

some fun vids right here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRpaEAW9xWw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kp7Lh8w018w

Old 02-28-2011, 01:39 PM
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
That "new" fire looks to be gone already...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pvve5Fj1v3g

Old 02-28-2011, 03:06 PM
Super Super Super Member!
Super D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond repute
BJ's a very emotional guy. I think it's been sorta like this after every loss, and with the 3rd round going so badly in his mind he was beaten.

After looking at the fight, the first two rounds, and re-assessing things, I think he'll be back. I hope so anyway.

He has to train harder than he used to, because the level of training for top competitors has elevated. This is tough for BJ, not just because of his more lax lifestyle than some, but also because it's near the end of his career.

Still, I think he's shown fire recently that he can't just walk away from. Guy's a natural fighter, and I don't think he's ready to stop just yet.

Old 02-28-2011, 03:07 PM
Way its shaping up might be a Title fight for BJ and Fitch rematch...for a vacant WW belt when GSP moves up...or somthing along those lines...all depends on if Shields wins or not.

Old 02-28-2011, 04:36 PM
Old 02-28-2011, 05:47 PM
Super Super Super Member!
Super D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond repute
I was going to post my review of Fitch-Penn after watching the bout over again. But it did in fact look pretty damned close to a draw. I might give the slight edge to Penn.

In absence of my detailed analysis, I offer this consolation.

Old 02-28-2011, 06:04 PM
such a generous offer^^^

Old 02-28-2011, 06:07 PM
Michael Bisping to Be Disciplined for UFC 127 Spitting Incident

Michael Bisping to Be Disciplined for UFC 127 Spitting Incident -- MMA Fighting

UFC middleweight contender Michael Bisping will face disciplinary action for his behavior following his UFC 127 win, UFC president Dana White told MMA Fighting.

Shortly after finishing his second-round TKO over Jorge Rivera, Bisping walked over to the octagon corner closest to Rivera's team and spit in their direction. The incident was caught on camera, though Rivera's cornermen could not be seen from the angle shown.

Rivera's boxing coach Matt Phinney was hit, according to a statement from their camp. Bisping denied spitting at them, saying, "I was spitting on the floor to let him know what I thought of him."

White said he has yet to make a decision on whether Bisping will be fined and/or suspended for his actions, but confirmed that he will be subject to some punishment.

Despite insisting he had not spit directly at Rivera's corner, Bisping (21-3) apologized for his behavior in post-fight interviews, saying he momentarily lost control because of the pre-fight videos made by Rivera which mocked him. In the videos, Bisping was portrayed by Phinney. But when told Rivera's camp was demanding a punishment for his actions, he took umbrage.

"It doesn't surprise me really," he said. "It's just one classless move after another."

YouTube - UFC 127: Michael Bisping on Post-Fight Actions: 'I Made a Mistake'

Old 02-28-2011, 09:01 PM
Chael Sonnen Wants "Spitsbing" Next

Chael Sonnen Wants "Spitsbing" Next - UFC NEWS, MMA NEWS | BJPENN.COM

Coming out of UFC 127: Penn vs. Fitch, much of the talk has centered around Michael Bisping (#7 BJPenn.com MW) and the antics he displayed during his fight with Jorge Rivera. Between an illegal knee, and spitting on Rivera's cornermen, the British MMA star is once again the talk amongst fans and media. Despite all the controversy, Bisping finds himself on a three fight win streak, and again looking ahead to his next fight. Luckily for him, there's no shortage of opponents wanting to fight him. Vitor Belfort has already made it public that he wants to fight Michael Bisping, but you can now add Chael Sonnen (#2 BJPenn.com MW) to that list as well. Sonnen, who is never at a loss for words, even sent an email to UFC matchmaker Joe Silva specifically asking for a fight with Bisping. MMAWeekly.com was able to obtain this email, as it's detailed below.

To: Joe Silva, Matchmaker Extraordinaire, Ultimate Fighting Championship
Re: Spitsbing & his tainted victory

Joe:

If you get a chance to talk with him, please mention to your idiot-in-residence Michael Spitsbing it’ll be a little tougher to knee ME in the head when I’m charging at him like a runaway train and mincing him through the fence like a boiled potato, should we ever have the pleasure of each other’s company for a few (VERY few) moments in the Octagon.

Oh; and I’d suggest to him being a little careful about spitting on any of MY cornermen, since any one of them can beat him up as badly as I can. Thanks ever so much.
Hope all is well.

-Chael Sonnen

His manager, Mike Roberts of MMA Inc, also spoke to MMAWeekly.com about a potential fight with Michael Bisping.

“I’ve had the chance to talk to Chael and he absolutely has Michael Bisping in his crosshairs and wants to fight him,” Roberts continued “Chael welcomes the chance to face him in the UFC and give the fans what they want.”

Sonnen's contract was recently suspended as the UFC felt it best for him to resolve his personal problems before make a return to the cage. Could a fight with "The Count" be next for the brash talking Oregon native? One thing is certain, if Bisping thought that the trash talk with Rivera was bad, he may have only seen the tip of the iceberg, as a fight with Sonnen would likely produce some of his best work.

Quick Reply: The Official UFC Thread!