Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

The Official UFC Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2010, 07:58 PM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Super D
I'd like to see Alistair get into UFC HW dive for sure and mix it up. I used to think he was so-so over in Japan, more hype than talent, but he's improved a ton.
THIS^^^

So i guess ill be watchin some boxing after all...Pac Man next fight is set...

YouTube - IOLE on negative reaction to Pac-Mosley fight

Old 12-27-2010, 12:30 PM
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
Old 12-28-2010, 12:06 PM
Old 12-28-2010, 12:47 PM
I love my DUCKS!
eddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond repute
keep posting mcrae...

btw where are you finding these blogs?

Old 12-28-2010, 01:12 PM
Ariel Helwani's Best of 2010 MMA Interviews

Part 1

YouTube - Ariel Helwani's Best of 2010 MMA Interviews Part 1

Part 2

YouTube - Ariel Helwani's Best of 2010 MMA Interviews Part 2

...the VLOGS are from the UFC youtube channel...

Old 12-28-2010, 05:01 PM
Old 12-29-2010, 02:40 PM
Hummmmm Mir is out of the fight with Schaub and CRO COP is in...I did indeed think Mirko would hang it up after his loss to Mir...

Brendan Schaub gets Mirko Filipovic instead of Frank Mir at UFC 128 | MMAjunkie.com

Brendan Schaub gets Mirko Filipovic instead of Frank Mir at UFC 128

by Steven Marrocco on Dec 29, 2010 at 2:00 pm ET

A sudden switch in opponents has installed Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic (27-8-2 MMA, 4-4 UFC) in a main-card match with Brendan Schaub (7-1 MMA, 3-1 UFC) at UFC 128.

Sources close to the event today told MMAjunkie.com (UFC blog for UFC news, UFC rumors, fighter interviews and event previews/recaps | MMAjunkie.com) that verbal agreements are in place for the heavyweight contest and contracts are nearly finalized. "Fighters Only" first reported the pairing.

Although not officially announced by the promotion, UFC 128 takes place March 19 at the Prudential Center in Newark, N.J.

The event is expected to feature a light-heavyweight headliner between champion Mauricio "Shogun" Rua and former champ Rashad Evans.

Schaub tentatively was slotted for an early-2011 fight with former champion Frank Mir before the matchup was scratched in favor of a meeting with Stefan Struve at the New Jersey pay-per-view event.

Then, for reasons unknown, that pairing gave way to a scrap with "Cro Cop," sources told MMAjunkie.com.

The shuffle still is good news for Schaub, who passionately expressed his desire to face Mir after he recently extended his win streak to three with a dominant decision win over former contender Gabriel Gonzaga in October at UFC 121.

"No one cares if you're beating up the fat wrestlers all the time," he told MMAjunkie.com Radio. "To go in there and do a war with a guy like Frank Mir – win, lose, or draw, that's what this is about.

"You don't want to look back on your career and be like, 'Oh yeah, Brendan beat up that out-of-shape wrestler. That was awesome.' My kids watching the tape (would be) like, 'Dad, are you serious?'"

Although Filipovic's age and recent record suggest a fighter on the tail end of a career, he provides the name recognition Schaub needs for a bid at the title.

Meanwhile, it's a pivotal fight for the former PRIDE open-weight grand-prix champion, who was knocked out badly by Mir at UFC 119 in the final moments of a three-round snoozer.

Filipovic, whose participation in the September fight was jeopardized by an accidental eye-poke in training, gave no illusions that he was under-prepared for Mir and said he took it out of a duty to fans, not to mention a handsome offer from the UFC.

After a 14-year career in combat sports, he could not guarantee he would be around much longer.

"I always tell people ... it could be any fight," Filipovic said of his retirement. "I tell them it could be the last one. This is a hard sport, (and) this is a brutal sport, and any new injury – especially because I turned 36 a few days ago – would definitely take me out of competition. In my age, with my experience (and) so many fights on my back, it would be hard to start over again (with) some rehabilitation."

It appears for now, though, that "Cro Cop" is not ready to call it quits. In fact, the often-surly fighter has shown a lighter side in his most recent appearances, and prior to the Mir loss, he triumphantly submitted Pat Barry in June at UFC 115.

But a loss to an up-and-comer could speed his exit from MMA.

Old 12-29-2010, 02:45 PM
Super Super Super Member!
Super D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond repute
Old 12-30-2010, 01:18 PM
^^^^BAHAHAHAHA i was LITERALLY coming to this thread to post that D lol...one my buddies just put it on my facebook wall...its quite funny

Old 12-30-2010, 03:53 PM
Yea, boobs never hurt.
Tsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond repute
UFC 128 is in Newark? Um.. I might have to go.

Quick Reply: The Official UFC Thread!