Notices
Health & Wellness Personal Training, Cycling, Running, Nutrition, & More Discussion Forum

The Official TS Workout & Nutrition Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 03:37 PM
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
Move your ass closer to your heels. And reposition your hands on your head so that the elbows are a little more forward. The second your elbows graze your knees or thighs, drop back and touch shoulder blades to the ground or bounce your upper back off the ground. I was doing 140+ in 2 minutes in the Marines; you can get to 50 in a minute brother.

Old 05-13-2011, 03:39 PM
Kks
Official Teamspeed Gay Guy
Kks has a reputation beyond reputeKks has a reputation beyond reputeKks has a reputation beyond reputeKks has a reputation beyond reputeKks has a reputation beyond reputeKks has a reputation beyond reputeKks has a reputation beyond reputeKks has a reputation beyond reputeKks has a reputation beyond reputeKks has a reputation beyond reputeKks has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SoCal
Move your ass

Old 05-13-2011, 03:48 PM
Yea, boobs never hurt.
Tsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond repute
boursachi: It's for a test. I don't do sit ups for fun, I'm guessing if it wasn't for that I wouldn't directly work them at all. They get plenty of working out during other exercises.

SoCal: I'll try this ass closer to my heels thing, maybe it will help. There can't be any bouncing, they won't count the reps. I've tried that with push ups, different agency, and they didn't count any of those reps..

Thanks for the wisdom.

Old 05-13-2011, 03:52 PM
Teamspeed Pro
big_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond repute
Today was legs. Squats: 5x135, 3x155, 1x175, 1x195, 1x225
Leg curls: 5 sets of 10 with 70
Leg extensions: 5 sets of 15 with 100

Old 05-13-2011, 03:53 PM
Banned
Strange, since crunches have no real function other than being able to sit upright from a flat on your back position... The Marines use crunches now. What agency are you trying out for now?

Old 05-13-2011, 04:24 PM
Yea, boobs never hurt.
Tsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SoCal
Strange, since crunches have no real function other than being able to sit upright from a flat on your back position... The Marines use crunches now. What agency are you trying out for now?
This is for the FBI, I also should be taking one for the DEA which is generally more difficult, but I find this aspect of the FBI PT more challenging because of the time and the way points are distributed. I can bang out 80+ sit ups in two minutes (DEA) with out too many problems and it will put me in a much better position for the rest of the test than doing 46 in one minute..

EX. FBI requires you to get 12 points over 4 events. Doing 46 sit ups in 60 seconds is only 4 points.

DEA wants 15 points, I think, over 5 events and if you do 82 sit ups over 2 minutes it pretty much puts you half way there with 7 points.

To me DEA's 80+ in two minutes is way easier. Plus, I'm not looking to score the minimum. Also, I need to to stack up on points because I suck at running.

Silly point structure.

Old 05-13-2011, 04:29 PM
Yea, boobs never hurt.
Last time I had to take one of these, again different agency, I twisted my ankle during the first event, which was a shuttle run (I turned too damn fast). However, I banged out push ups/sit ups which allowed me to limp my way to the finish line during the "long run". I was surprised that I actually finished in the middle somewhere and wasn't last. I could barely walk for the next 2 or 3 days.

P.S. I find sit ups to be a shitty exercise, I certainly understand sprints, long distance run, even push ups - but sit ups kinda have no use in real life. At least that's how I see it.

Ok, I'm done typing for now.

Old 05-13-2011, 04:39 PM
Banned
Another reason I would NEVER want to be in the FBI. Every agent I have ever met has been a nerd or had something to prove. Go kick in drug dealer's doors in the DEA.

I know about the point systems over those events. I will end up taking one of those tests later this year for a DHS position that I have been considering. We shall see, but I am pretty sure that I can get my 12 points without even having to run

Old 05-13-2011, 04:59 PM
Yea, boobs never hurt.
They aren't on a hiring freeze?

Well yea, FBI wants accountants, computer scientists, linguists, and lawyers so the "nerd" thing might be accurate. They do have "tactical" recruitment nowadays, just for HRT - might be something more up your alley!?

Old 05-14-2011, 12:26 AM
Banned
HRT is something that you can't jump right into. You still have to be there for a while before you can even try out, just like you can't walk-on to a SWAT team out of the military. Unless you are Delta or Devgru...

Quick Reply: The Official TS Workout & Nutrition Thread