Notices
Health & Wellness Personal Training, Cycling, Running, Nutrition, & More Discussion Forum

The Official TS Workout & Nutrition Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 03:16 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ktvegas
I don't think I was meant to be a runner. Took 12 weeks off to let my shins heal. Started back real slow and made sure I walked first to warm up, took breaks between, etc. Pain is coming back and I haven't gone more than 2 miles at a time. Ridiculous...
How about new shoes? Shins are a biatch and a lot of times never heal. Best bet, see below.

Originally Posted by strebo
Kt - how about some cycling?
Yeah, keep with it Dana. Exercise will also make you feel better!

I've done the stationary bike but I hate it. It's boring. I like to get outside and run more than anything.
Get out on the road cycling. You can cover 4 times the distance and see 4 times as much stuff. It's a great workout.

Old 02-08-2011, 03:22 PM
KT
I give good hugs. Bo, you're first.
KT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond repute
Hopefully you'll find some way to get back to it. I guess you had it looked up?
Yes, Dr. told me just to rest it.

Originally Posted by h20skier
How about new shoes? Shins are a biatch and a lot of times never heal. Best bet, see below.

Get out on the road cycling. You can cover 4 times the distance and see 4 times as much stuff. It's a great workout.
I may have done too much damage to them. Hope not. Bikes and me are probably not a good combo. I rode all over as a kid but went over the handlebars once and that was pretty much the end of it!

Old 02-08-2011, 03:34 PM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
I know this might be a bit far-fetched but have you tried switching shoes/brand or style on your shoes? Maybe you could talk to someone except the 17yo selling the shoes at supersport extras or wherever you buy your running-shoes (not trying to be funny)?

Old 02-08-2011, 03:37 PM
KT
KT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond repute
I went to this running store where they analyze your strike pattern. I have an average mid foot strike. The shoes I were currently running in were kind of neutral. He could have sold me a new pair but was honest and said if I wasn't running more than a couple miles they were fine. I have since switched to cross trainers and it's happening just like it did the first time.

Old 02-08-2011, 03:38 PM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
Oh okay, Then it looks liek I'm out of ideas . Good luck with it though!

Old 02-08-2011, 03:40 PM
KT
Thanks Rep when I can.

Old 02-08-2011, 03:52 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute

I know this might be a bit far-fetched but have you tried switching shoes/brand or style on your shoes? Maybe you could talk to someone except the 17yo selling the shoes at supersport extras or wherever you buy your running-shoes (not trying to be funny)?
I went to this running store where they analyze your strike pattern. I have an average mid foot strike. The shoes I were currently running in were kind of neutral. He could have sold me a new pair but was honest and said if I wasn't running more than a couple miles they were fine. I have since switched to cross trainers and it's happening just like it did the first time.
Oh okay, Then it looks liek I'm out of ideas . Good luck with it though!
Thanks Rep when I can.
You are officially my wife!

I mention NEW shoes and someone else gets the rep...Sheesh if I wanted to be ignored I'd be home with her

Old 02-08-2011, 03:54 PM
Yea, boobs never hurt.
Tsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond repute

I mention NEW shoes and someone else gets the rep...Sheesh if I wanted to be ignored I'd be home with her

He is right though. New, properly fitted, running shoes can help A LOT.

Old 02-08-2011, 03:57 PM
Rolex Fanboy
Originally Posted by Tsar

Tho she listens like a wife it sounds as though she's already done this correctly.

I know lots of people that used to run miles and miles and had to stop because of shin splints. It's common. The body just isn't made for constant up and down. On the pavement anyway

Old 02-08-2011, 03:58 PM
KT

I've already repped you too much in the last few days. It won't let me!

Originally Posted by Tsar

I guess it's worth a try. I'll head back over there and pick up a pair.

Quick Reply: The Official TS Workout & Nutrition Thread