Notices
Health & Wellness Personal Training, Cycling, Running, Nutrition, & More Discussion Forum

The Official TS Workout & Nutrition Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 02:20 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Lumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by h20skier
Don't go back to habits

It's not so easy I get that.
i wake up at 5 a.m for work

and go home at 4

and its an hour drive from where i live (90 miles so 180 miles daily)

i barely have enough time to sleep,eat sit with the wife

let alone working out

Old 10-11-2011, 02:22 AM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Lumma

and go home at 4

let alone working out
Buy a helicopter with a treadmill

Old 10-11-2011, 02:29 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Lumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond repute
i wont buy 1, but i'll accept 1 as a gift

Old 10-11-2011, 02:37 AM
Photographer Extraordinaire
atomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond repute
Design, build, and sell one for $1 dolla a pop. You'll be a millionaire many times over.

Old 10-11-2011, 02:57 AM
Teamspeed Member
Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!

and go home at 4

let alone working out
Dont want to come across rude or being an ass as I say the same thing alot but then I think.....do I have 15 minutes? 5 min less in the shower and 10 minutes less of TV wont hurt.

do a 15 min session of HIIT! the thing alot of people dont think of or remember is if you train it raises your heart rate and burns calories yea...Correct. BUT it also helps raise your metabolism for the next 24-48 hours so you continually get the benifits over the next day or 2.

Regards,

Mitch

Old 10-11-2011, 03:10 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by Detailer
Dont want to come across rude or being an ass as I say the same thing alot but then I think.....do I have 15 minutes? 5 min less in the shower and 10 minutes less of TV wont hurt.

do a 15 min session of HIIT! the thing alot of people dont think of or remember is if you train it raises your heart rate and burns calories yea...Correct. BUT it also helps raise your metabolism for the next 24-48 hours so you continually get the benifits over the next day or 2.

Regards,

Mitch
no not at all

but what is HIIT?

Old 10-11-2011, 03:48 AM
Teamspeed Member
Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
no not at all

but what is HIIT?
HIIT is High Intesinty Interval Training:

For instance, I will ride my spinbike for 5 minute warm up and do 10-15 of HIIT which would be doing 120-130rpm on a medium resistance for 60 seconds, the following 60 seconds high resistance at 150-170rpm, then back down on resistance to medium and rpm to 120-130 again for a further 60 seconds and repeat that for the 15 minutes.

This raises your heart rate up to a max or close to then by continuuing for the 60 seconds on lower resistance for 60 seconds helps you semi recover but continually moving keeps your heart rate up relatively high.

This cna workk out to 30-45 minutes of continual light cardio to fit in 15 minutes instead.

if you have a spin bike do that or you can walk for 30 seconds jog for a minute walk for 30 seconds job for a minute ect. then follow up with 10 burpees and your done in 20 min max with a great workout in little time.

Hope this helps anything further you need dont hesitate to let me know.

Old 10-11-2011, 03:54 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by Detailer
HIIT is High Intesinty Interval Training:

For instance, I will ride my spinbike for 5 minute warm up and do 10-15 of HIIT which would be doing 120-130rpm on a medium resistance for 60 seconds, the following 60 seconds high resistance at 150-170rpm, then back down on resistance to medium and rpm to 120-130 again for a further 60 seconds and repeat that for the 15 minutes.

This raises your heart rate up to a max or close to then by continuuing for the 60 seconds on lower resistance for 60 seconds helps you semi recover but continually moving keeps your heart rate up relatively high.

This cna workk out to 30-45 minutes of continual light cardio to fit in 15 minutes instead.

if you have a spin bike do that or you can walk for 30 seconds jog for a minute walk for 30 seconds job for a minute ect. then follow up with 10 burpees and your done in 20 min max with a great workout in little time.

Hope this helps anything further you need dont hesitate to let me know.
This sounds Good !!

this workout is done on a daily basis? or every other day

Old 10-11-2011, 04:26 AM
Teamspeed Member
More the better I even used to do it in the morning go have breakfast go back do another 15 min have a shower and go to work then 15 at night .

Its fantastic and leaves no excuses for "I was to busy" though I am extremely partial to that one also lo

Old 10-11-2011, 10:11 AM
Teamspeed Pro
big_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond repute
You're seriously selling that you don't have time to exercise when you get off at 4 and are home by 5-6pm? LOL!

I'm not mocking you, but seriously dude. 50-60 hr/wk work, 10-20/wk study, wife, baby and 25-50% travel. Somehow I managed time for weights and cardio. FORM HEALTHY HABITS!

I mean, buy a treadmill and stick it in front of the TV. Crank the incline to max and walk briskly while you watch top gear.

Do hiit as above, I have a spin bike in my office and a 20 minute music scripted interval workout.

Dumbells under your desk. Do it in between typing, phone calls, etc... No office? Bring your own food to work (healthy food) and take an abbreviated lunch. Spend the rest doing bodyweight exercises like pushups, situps. Walk during lunch.

And the permanent solution that you're looking for? It's called making a commitment to being a fit person instead of a fat one, then following through daily. Eating oatmeal, honey and fruit for breakfast instead of a donut. Eating fish and veggies for dinner instead of a big bowl of pasta. Water instead of soda. You get the picture. It's not about being a monk, it's about making the choice you know is right over time.

Quick Reply: The Official TS Workout & Nutrition Thread