Notices
Health & Wellness Personal Training, Cycling, Running, Nutrition, & More Discussion Forum

The Official TS Workout & Nutrition Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2011, 11:12 PM
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
I feel your pain bro. On top of having to buy 36's, they have to bee boot cut or relaxed fit to make sure my thighs fit.

Old 05-09-2011, 09:55 AM
Teamspeed Pro
big_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond repute
Opposite problem here. I rock 32's and they're a little loose around the waist but despite years of heavy squats and cycling I've got chicken legs. 5'11", 33" inseam.

Old 05-10-2011, 01:16 PM
Teamspeed Pro
big_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond repute
This week I've cut out all snack and sweets. I don't REALLY need to, but I set a bad example for my wife.

Yesterday at the gym-Overhead press 5x95, 3x115, 1x125, chins and dips
Today-Deads 5x135, 3x155, 1x175, 1x195, 1x225, 1x245, hanging leg raises and back extensions.

I'm easing back into deads, I was supposed to only do 1x195 but it was so easy I had to test my low back a little. I went back to sumo and 225 also came up easy. 245 I had a LITTLE initial hip raise so I called it a day. Felt good to have some plates on there though, I love the sound of 45's slapping 45's.

Old 05-10-2011, 01:59 PM
Banned
When I was carrying around a 100+ # ruck everywhere I went when I was a Marine, I had to wear bootcut 38's and then have them taken in 4 inches in the waist, just to fit my damned thighs. I could hike all damn day though.

Just got back from the gym. My lower back has been giving me shit, mainly from powering through workouts (for time, when I normally don't go for time ). So tonight, I took my time as usual, and did some cleans: 135# x12, 155# x 10, 185# x 6, 205# x 4, then box jumps on a 30" box up to 12 stacked plates and back down to just the box, and some other fun stuff.

Old 05-10-2011, 02:06 PM
GLN
Thor Liked My Watch
GLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond repute
Lower back is still F'd up for me.... starting to get better though

Old 05-10-2011, 02:23 PM
Banned
Planks, Motrin, and balls. I know you have one of the three, got to a CVS and pick up the second, and then do the first. That will be one night of drinking. Ktxbai.

Old 05-10-2011, 02:25 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GLN, I don't know if I mentioned this but there is a book called "Treat your own back" by Robin McKenzie. I used to take oxy, vicodin or just drink because of my lower back problems. I haven't touched the stuff since reading/using the techniques in it.

Well, except the drink, but never for back pain.

Old 05-10-2011, 02:26 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Ag Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond repute
Any of you guys heard of the paleo diet for athletes?

Old 05-10-2011, 02:36 PM
GLN
Thor Liked My Watch
GLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond repute
I've been on oxy, skelaxin, and advil. So far I haven't taken any today, and I'm feeling much better except after I sit up for long periods of time (or am in my car).

I've been doing planks often lately.... I need to work my abs more for sure though.

Old 05-10-2011, 02:38 PM
Banned
Yes, it is basically a diet of things that move and grow, and nothing that is processed or made by man. I run a pretty strict Zone Diet, minus my dinner meals, which I rarely have much control over. I have seen some good results from Paleo, but it all boils down to finding something that works for you and sticking to it like it is the word of God. That is when you will see some real, lasting results.

Quick Reply: The Official TS Workout & Nutrition Thread