Notices
Health & Wellness Personal Training, Cycling, Running, Nutrition, & More Discussion Forum

The Official TS Workout & Nutrition Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 09:23 PM
TeH Ears
chokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by samuel.g
big_slacker, I'm really wanting to buy a pair of these this summer and wear them for running, how good of a cushion do they offer?
Absolutely none! And that is the point. Our bodies weren't designed to run on cushions. You will learn to run "correctly", the way you were intended.

Just get some, being a fitness nut, you'll enjoy them.

Old 03-22-2011, 09:24 PM
TeH Ears
chokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by big_slacker
Can't wear 'em in the winter around here, but I rock some KSOs in the summer for trail runs. Makes running bearable.
Just be glad he didn't include the dong shot that he used to send around.

Old 03-22-2011, 09:28 PM
New OG
samuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by chokeu2
Absolutely none! And that is the point. Our bodies weren't designed to run on cushions. You will learn to run "correctly", the way you were intended.

Just get some, being a fitness nut, you'll enjoy them.
Hmmm.. makes me even more curious about them. I still think they look kind of silly but I've only heard good comments about them I will try them out this summer for sure.

Old 03-22-2011, 11:02 PM
Teamspeed Pro
big_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by chokeu2
Just be glad he didn't include the dong shot that he used to send around.
I'm a trend setter, after Brett Favre started sending the dong shot I moved onto other things. Have I told you about the "teabag a friend's hat" competition?

Old 03-23-2011, 08:17 AM
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah, Favre screwed it up for everyone. I always preferred the bubble gum stuck to my crotch pics...

Old 03-23-2011, 10:00 AM
Banned
C Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond repute
Well I survived my first workout...

Since today was my 1st day he put me throw a regiment to see where i "was" in terms of conditioning,form,etc...

Did the following in a lil over 21 minutes (without break)

4 Set of

25 squats
25 pushups
500 Meter row

I got threw the 1st set with ease and felt AWESOME, 2nd was pretty easy as well, set 3 started to show me my lack of conditioning and the 4th almost made me puke!

Overall it was awesome and I feel great this AM, it's amazing how much you can accomplish in 20-30 minutes and feel like you kicked you entire body's A$$

Oh and the VFF's are AMAZING, pushups have never been so easy!

Old 03-23-2011, 10:09 AM
Banned
I am proud of you. I just did yesterday's CF workout and was so beat from yesterday at work and my lack of sleep last night that I had a hard time finishing... And to comment on your VFF's, I always had an easier time with pushups when I was bare-footed; for some reason, more connection with my actual body and the ground made life easier.

Old 03-23-2011, 10:14 AM
Banned
C Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond repute
Raiff, ya the toe box on shoes always seemed to mess me up with pushups... The "group" did what looked to be pretty intense session of dead lifts,box jumps and pull ups.... One of the girls in the class has lost like 30 pounds and looks incredible! Very comforting seeing that the system works for any body type.

Do you think 3 days a week is enough to start or should I do 4-5? Don't want to kill myself, but would love to see some serious changes in 6-8 weeks!

Old 03-23-2011, 10:24 AM
TeH Ears
Go with 3 days to start, or at least until you're sure that you're not going to injure yourself wearing the VFF's. That may seem odd, but I promise, you're going to do something that your body is used to doing in shoes, and it is going to hurt because you're now on pure muscle; not shoe cushions.

I got about a week into wearing VFF's, running, working out, etc. Then all of a sudden, my left calf started killing me; and I had to back off. Just be careful, it'll pay dividends.

Old 03-23-2011, 10:30 AM
Banned
Yeah, I would go 1 on/1 off, 2 on/2 off for the first couple of weeks for a couple of reasons. 1-You don't want to develop rhabdomyolysis and get all messed up. Google it and you will know what I mean. 2-You want to give your body time to break into the CF world. Hell, when I go home on leave, I have to ease into it once I get back overseas, or I can get hurt or overtrained very easily. 3-Those shoes are going to be way different than normal ones for you. I train with Again faster InnoV8 racing flats since I can't wear the VFF's, so I get the same results as the VFF's.

Just be careful, have fun, and don't quit. Hell, I regularly don't complete the entire workout without scaling because I am about to die.

Quick Reply: The Official TS Workout & Nutrition Thread