Notices
Health & Wellness Personal Training, Cycling, Running, Nutrition, & More Discussion Forum

The Official TS Workout & Nutrition Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2012, 12:17 PM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
Originally Posted by eddiecut
Just gotta do them right
+1

That is the biggest problem with many of those exercises, people don't do them right. Rounded back, don't transfer weight through the heels so it goes through hips not knees, etc

Old 05-27-2012, 02:46 PM
Teamspeed Pro
boursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond repute
delts blah blah
30mins stairmaster, fatburner mode, level 15 throughout proud of that

195 floors
6.41km i think
<- no idea how they calculate this?

ps: please do not tamper with "level" once the "cool down" shows up once the fatburner mode is done. i took it up to 15 thinking it would be the same and the pos was going faster than what it should have EVER been programmed to allow, or what would be considered safe

Old 05-27-2012, 05:39 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SoCal
If someone is obviously a meathead weight lifter and are using tons of weight, I won't correct their form. But if someone is new and has no clue and I can tell that they're about to hurt themselves, I offer a word of advice, or show them. Some high school kids were in the gym a week ago trying the use a GHD machine (glute/ham developer) and had no clue, so I showed them before they tried it using a weight plate and really messed themselves up.
that`s a very humble way of doing it,..
some days I really don`t give a damn and think "wtf,people spend hours on reading manuals of their latest gadgets but are too lazy to get some info when it comes to working out.."
sometimes I`m in a good mood and give advice..but that`s rather rare these days,because obviously each and everyone of them(even bloody beginners) know it all better than stupid ECB

Originally Posted by big_slacker
This gym is minutes from my place, brand new and big enough that I'll never wait for a rack or bench. Don't really care about the people that much as long as they don't bother me. Mostly they're on the cardio machines anyway.

I do miss my old gym in Vegas.
Sounds perfect to me - hate it when the racks etc are occupied and the gym is overcrowded
Which gym did you go to in LV?
Jay Cutler goes to a very nice gym in LV..gotta go there someday

Originally Posted by cstroked
+1

That is the biggest problem with many of those exercises, people don't do them right. Rounded back, don't transfer weight through the heels so it goes through hips not knees, etc
Of course...proper form and excecution is very important and essential to a healthy body

BUT
you can`t trick the laws of physics..
All the heavy lifting takes a huge toll on your body over the time..we can just try to keep the "bad forces" down and mainly focus on the target muscle(s) imo

Old 05-27-2012, 06:36 PM
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't give a damn about the know it alls either, and you know exactly who they are within 2 seconds... Know how? Because they are DYING to tell you.

Old 05-27-2012, 06:47 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
haha,so true!!

Old 05-27-2012, 07:30 PM
Bo means business
Bonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond repute
Didnt know this thread included topless teamspeaders..

Just finished an our of excersize.. feels good

Old 05-27-2012, 08:06 PM
Teamspeed Pro
big_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond repute
ECB, las Vegas athletic club on flamingo. Huge, 2 pools, separate women's gym, separate froo froo machines and "advanced training" room where I spent most of my time. Loved the fact that they had a proper GHR machine, good racks, good benches. I bought 3 years in advance when they opened, came out to $8 a month.

Before that I worked out at a little 24 hour fatness where carrot top and pro strongman nick best worked out. Small but more hardcore. You could use chalk with no problems.

Old 05-29-2012, 08:50 PM
GLN
Thor Liked My Watch
GLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond repute
Back to the gym after a 4 day break. Finally comfortably broke into the 300club on deadlifts for the first time now that I have the straps to help me with my grip.

I ate like such shit over the holiday. Yesterday alone I finished an entire Boyle of Hendricks to myself, and about 8 PBRs. Back to eating healthy for a few days... Oh summer....

Attached Images  
Old 05-29-2012, 09:01 PM
Teamspeed Pro
big_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GLN
Back to the gym after a 4 day break. Finally comfortably broke into the 300club on deadlifts for the first time now that I have the straps to help me with my grip.

I ate like such shit over the holiday. Yesterday alone I finished an entire Boyle of Hendricks to myself, and about 8 PBRs. Back to eating healthy for a few days... Oh summer....
300? I thought you we're already well into 300's? You shouldn't need straps to deadlift 300, are you using alternate grip???

Old 05-29-2012, 09:21 PM
GLN
Thor Liked My Watch
GLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond repute
Nope. I had never broken 300, although I'm sure I could've for the past few weeks, it's grip issues that have been holding me back. I sweat like a motherfvvcker in the gym, and my hands can't keep hold of anything once I start sweating hard.

Today was the first time I was using alternating grip; so it was a bit different/unusual for me - Plus my first time using the straps for deadlifts, which helped my grip incredibly.

I did 135x12, 205x10, 225x8, 275x8, 295x6, 315x4, 335x2, 335x2

I was pretty damn ecstatic because it felt much better with the new grip and straps. Felt like I had full control of everything. I'm fkin pumped right now!

ATG squats were at 265lb, and I was getting scared I was going to get stuck so I did the last few sets at the smith machine.

Did 240lb leg extensions (120xleg)

385lb barbell calf raises...

felt like a beast today.

Quick Reply: The Official TS Workout & Nutrition Thread