Notices
Health & Wellness Personal Training, Cycling, Running, Nutrition, & More Discussion Forum

The Official TS Workout & Nutrition Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 01:40 AM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ECB
looking good Strebo!
talk a bit about your WO history,goals for now and diet/training...would be interesting

Ali,
congrats on breaking the 81 wall..
I think this inspires a lot of people not posting but looking to get in shape and makes them understand that it is not necessarily all that grueling and stuff to get there

btw,..
I don`t give a shit about the scale..it only counts at competitions or for gymrat chatter..
I've been working out for the last 3-4 years on and off. I started at 82kg and topped out at 98kg. Lately (1½ year or so) I've been around 90-93kg. I've been slacking the last 5-6 months due to hectic work and school schedule but now that I'm starting to wrap up school I'm going to have a little bit more spare time to hit the gym.

What I do diet wise is that I try to get in the best possible shape without any supplements whatsoever. I try to only eat junk food on the weekends but as my pics show I've been slacking in that department ... anyhow, I try to eat low carb, low fat and high protein. It might sound wrong/cheesy/idiotic but I have a hard time seeing myself eating protein shakes and whatnot when I'm 40yo so instead of putting on a lot of "shake-mass" now, that will fall off when I can't keep the protein intake as high, I just try to eat healthy real food as in chicken, beef, fish, vegetables etc. I'm not a bulk/deff kind of guy, I'm aiming to find a good year-round shape and tbh I think I have that. Even though we all know "just a little more, just a little more slim, just a little more weights" is what keeps us going

Workout wise I have no schedule whatsoever. Most times I don't even know what I'm going to do at the gym while on my way over there. Some say that I need to follow a strict regime to see progress but I don't know... I've always done what I feel is the best for that day. If I'm sore in my tri, I do back or bi. If I'm sore in my bi? I do chest or shoulders. Easy as that

My short-term goal is to get a little bit stronger since I've lost some mass lately and to keep my diet better.

Originally Posted by GLN
Ultimately, this is the size/shape I'd like to be in... I'm kinda at the point right now where I'm not sure if I should bulk a little more first, or if I should continue to cut.
Stop posting pics like that on the same page as my pic! I look like a little shrimp!

Originally Posted by cstroked
Do you have an Adidas track suit to go with that Adidas hat?
Harr harr harr. First of all, that dude isn't even wearing Adidas, he's got some cheap knock-off. And, as a matter of fact, 99% of my workout clothes is Adidas. I buy some and I get some from a friend who works there.

Originally Posted by Detailer
240kg squat at 4 reps the other night only 220kg on deadlift though :S need to jump that up some.

Squat is not 2.4x my body weight which is good but only a starting point.

On physics we are after this is my aim

a cross between Derek Poundstone and Erik Fankhouser for upper body

And legs similar to Eriks but I have naturally larger calves.

So aim is to get to 96kg around 17-18% whilst lifting, then start bulking to 115-120kg and strip back to 112-115kg at 13-15%

I am very busy with business at the moment but coming end of June I will be able to commit 100% again and will start posting pictures of progress for you guys to critique and comment.
Wow! We really have different goals. Although I'm sure we have to stay equally focused and strict to meet our goals so that's the same . Make sure to post before and after pics when you get going 100%. I've done the mistake before of not taking any before pics.

Old 05-24-2012, 07:23 AM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
Jox - I know it might hurt your little ego that you're skinny and 4feet tall but you don't have to put a pride flag on my chest ...

Last edited by strebo; 05-24-2012 at 08:05 AM.
Old 05-24-2012, 12:35 PM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
Originally Posted by strebo
And, as a matter of fact, 99% of my workout clothes is Adidas.
Is that how they do it in Småland!? How very eastern-euro of you!

Old 05-24-2012, 01:26 PM
Teamspeed Pro
big_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cstroked
Is that how they do it in Småland!? How very eastern-euro of you!
I've got a good bit of Adidas gear myself, but we've got a bit of east euro in the house anyway.

Old 05-24-2012, 02:58 PM
Nutcrusher
Originally Posted by big_slacker
I've got a good bit of Adidas gear myself, but we've got a bit of east euro in the house anyway.
Not helping!

Old 05-24-2012, 03:43 PM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
Not helping!

Old 05-24-2012, 07:07 PM
Teamspeed Member
Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
@ Strebo, Will do mate my aim is to be a lump of muscle, but as I do stretching and yoga when going 100% I aim to keep flexibility

weekly massages and acupuncter when needed also help but is time consuming.

One thing alot of people fail to do is stretch reguarly as with out proper muscle flexibility you cant get full range of motion there for hindering muscle growth.

Old 05-24-2012, 08:29 PM
GLN
Thor Liked My Watch
GLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond repute
Wow Detailer; you are an absolute animal!

Today was supposed to be a "rest" day, but I got talked into joining a full-body class by a cute chick. What a huge mistake that was. I barely made it through it.. I was DYING. We were using light weights, but the amount of repetitions combined with the fact that my entire body is already sore from this week's worth of lifting, left me gasping for air throughout the entire class.

The squats and lunges were the worst part. We were using short barbells, and I only had 50lbs worth of plates on (2x25, plus the light weight bar), but we must've done easily 200 squats.... I can't walk now.

Old 05-25-2012, 01:25 AM
Nutcrusher
Originally Posted by Detailer
@ Strebo, Will do mate my aim is to be a lump of muscle, but as I do stretching and yoga when going 100% I aim to keep flexibility

weekly massages and acupuncter when needed also help but is time consuming.

One thing alot of people fail to do is stretch reguarly as with out proper muscle flexibility you cant get full range of motion there for hindering muscle growth.
I'm not that into the whole stretching thing, when I'm done with my workouts I just want to get the fvck out of the gym . Although, I'm not aiming for that much mass so stretching once in a while will be enough....I think

Originally Posted by GLN
Wow Detailer; you are an absolute animal!

Today was supposed to be a "rest" day, but I got talked into joining a full-body class by a cute chick. What a huge mistake that was. I barely made it through it.. I was DYING. We were using light weights, but the amount of repetitions combined with the fact that my entire body is already sore from this week's worth of lifting, left me gasping for air throughout the entire class.

The squats and lunges were the worst part. We were using short barbells, and I only had 50lbs worth of plates on (2x25, plus the light weight bar), but we must've done easily 200 squats.... I can't walk now.
Haha, you're such a sucker for girls!

Old 05-25-2012, 01:40 AM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
Jox - I know it might hurt your little ego that you're skinny and 4feet tall but you don't have to put a pride flag on my chest ...
I have no idae what you're talking about . . .

Quick Reply: The Official TS Workout & Nutrition Thread