Notices
Health & Wellness Personal Training, Cycling, Running, Nutrition, & More Discussion Forum

The Official TS Workout & Nutrition Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 02:49 AM
Photographer Extraordinaire
atomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond repute
WOD today was super tough!!!! Holy crap! Can you guys see my "time" on the right?

Attached Images  
Old 02-07-2012, 02:57 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Lumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by atomic80
WOD today was super tough!!!! Holy crap! Can you guys see my "time" on the right?
what is WOD?

as for the time i see 10.59 and 11.25

Old 02-07-2012, 03:01 AM
atomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond repute
WOD is Workout Of the Day at Crossfit. I forget that you guys don't have that overseas. And my time is the second one. 10:59. I literally collapsed afterwards and had to lie down for a couple minutes to catch my breath.

Old 02-07-2012, 10:58 AM
Teamspeed Pro
slord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond repute
yesterdays WOD felt impossible. We did a plate push...across rubber floors. A rubber 45lb plate does not slide well on a rubber floor. The weight had more grip than my shoes. That was torture.

Old 02-07-2012, 11:01 AM
I haven't done that one yet but I can envision us doing that in the near future. They pull those "sleds" with plates at the Crossfit games but I haven't seen them "push" just the plates.

Last edited by atomic80; 02-07-2012 at 11:07 AM.
Old 02-07-2012, 11:06 AM
Teamspeed Pro
slord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond repute
It wasn't the sleds used at the games, it was just a plain 45lb weight. Just terrible.

Old 02-07-2012, 11:10 AM
Originally Posted by slord
It wasn't the sleds used at the games, it was just a plain 45lb weight. Just terrible.
A while back when I was at another gym, the trainer told me to push a huge square plastic box with a hole in the middle to the other side of the gym. He didn't say that I had to push it the entire way over so what did I do when I was halfway through, I flipped it over BUT I didn't realize that it was full of water and the "cover" was on top. Yep, you guessed it, the cover popped off and water got everywhere. Everyone in the gym got a big laugh out of that and I was beet red for a couple of minutes. WHOOPS!

Old 02-07-2012, 12:32 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Lumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond repute
Damn those workouts look intense !!
Hell i jogged for 15 minuets and couldnt feel my legs afterwards

Old 02-07-2012, 06:05 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Made a deal with a friend. Trying a 'crossfit' style class tonight at an MMA gym up here in exchange for him coming to our box tomorrow. I've never seen the guy workout but he's always just mechanical in PRT's.

Old 02-07-2012, 08:09 PM
Teamspeed Pro
On scale of 1-10 of difficulty, and 10 is CrossFit, this was maybe a 3 or 4. The only thing I kind of feel afterwards is my biceps and thats because they are my weakest muscle. A lot of it was core workout and I don't even feel a strain. The squats I feel nothing from. Day in and day out, CrossFit is one of the most challenging workouts I have ever done and I was able to basically cruise through tonight.

Plus side of it was that I was in like 50% of the photo's for the promo.

edit: I shouldn't knock them too much, because it was solid. Just nothing compared to CrossFit.

Last edited by slord; 02-07-2012 at 08:10 PM.

Quick Reply: The Official TS Workout & Nutrition Thread