Notices
Health & Wellness Personal Training, Cycling, Running, Nutrition, & More Discussion Forum

The Official TS Workout & Nutrition Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 08:01 PM
Teamspeed Pro
boursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond repute
nop, never met any of them their scheduling was a complete opposite to mine apparently! i do remember when melvin anthony was here though and remember seeing him go on tv. back then there were a couple of competitions every month and they would play them on the screens continuously. this included

Melvin Anthony in Kuwait (Freej alkhaleeg) 2008 - YouTube

come on ECB, spill some hitsory and show share some progress pics

Old 04-02-2012, 08:15 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
nice!!

PMd you

Old 04-03-2012, 04:31 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Lumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond repute
Since im on vacation i stopped going to the gym
Will resume next saturday

Old 04-03-2012, 09:21 AM
Teamspeed Pro
boursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond repute
finally broke into 87s, barely! but it COUNTS lol, this is post wo and at least 2 litres or so up with water. was v happy

meal that i am now alternting with chicken breasts: 2 cans tuna with 1 spoon of lofat mayo, mixed and beaten then consumed with brown rice and olive oil. followed by an orange to wash it all down and for a treat.

2nd day on VPX Meltdown, jeeeeeezzz that stuff is crazy!! the caff is just too high it's nuts, hence the forcing myself to drink more and more water. by the time i'm back home i am aching for food.
i am taking the suggested 3 caps, but perhaps i should take 2 to see if it has a milder effect.

Attached Images    
Old 04-03-2012, 10:19 AM
Teamspeed Pro
big_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by atomic80
Steve, I didn't realize that we were the same age. I agree with you..it does get more challenging to stay injury free at this point in time for us both. I guess I've found ways to be more creative in doing so.
I've struggled with some nagging back and shoulder injuries since my 20's. The lower back has gotten bad enough for me to stop deadlifting which sucks as it's my favorite exercise. I even aggravated it with 225 on squats the other day which isn't a lot of weight for me.

Initially I think it was caused by powering through pain to make a lift instead of fixing underlying causes (flexibility, strong primary but weak stabilizers, etc...). Now it's just at the point where I'll be feeling absolutely fine, using good form and then I'll feel it "go".

I think working lighter weights, higher reps on the compound stuff, doing things like DB split squats instead of heavy barbell squats, etc.... is what I'm moving towards.

Old 04-04-2012, 12:30 PM
Teamspeed Pro
had to wake up early for work. 87.6kg. VERY HAPPY about that and the rate it's working.
ate a banana for breakfast. came back from work 3 hrs later. nice weigh in at 87.4kg. ate another banana.
then took the 3 VPX Meltdown caps
MUUUUUUUUUUUUCHHHH BETTER results in terms of side effects. the huuuuge aching for food is taken care of with the 2 bananas, and the almost-thumping in the throat and high HR is much milder, better since it's not on an empty stomach
STILL works the same though. very alert. nice focus, but again i must restate that i never have caff in my diet so perhaps i can now empathize with those who bitch and whine about their morning coffee

jogged 5.4km at 8 kmh for 40mins or something. took me a while to start feeling the the body heat which sucks, but proceeded to work lats with no fatigue. i think i'll continue to jog at 8kmh if i want to do more TIME instead of my preferred 12kmh and what i thought was an easy and comfy 10kmh.
87.5kg after workout and before lunch.
2 chicken breasts marinated in lemon squeeze, garlic and black pepper, with brown rice. no sauce no dressing no veggies.
don't want to do any basing nor testing hence no cheat meals until next week so maybe i'll extend this weightloss sub-phase to 85kg before balancing

good times
edit: fav thing is my old friends who saw me at 74kg/81kg noticed and started complimenting the progress. i know the mirror is the ultimate judge, but based on the comments i heard from my "older friends" (40-65 yr olds at the pool/sauna/jaccuzi) which i realize are all in good heart and not meant to be downers, since they see me shirtless and remember the epicness (lol wtf), i loved and was motivated by the positive remarks today!
as much as i know and say that i don't care, but sometimes the truth REALLY hurts when it's given not sugarcoated !!

Last edited by boursachi; 04-04-2012 at 12:33 PM.
Old 04-04-2012, 01:46 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond repute
Excellent progress Ali, well done! Losing weight is a pain in the ass

Old 04-04-2012, 04:35 PM
Teamspeed Pro
slord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MC321
Excellent progress Ali, well done! Gaining weight is a pain in the ass

Old 04-04-2012, 04:53 PM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
Originally Posted by slord
Start eating and start lifting to gain instead of lifting for time!

Old 04-04-2012, 05:02 PM
Teamspeed Pro
slord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond repute
Doing the eating part, but still sticking only with crossfit. Tried to switch to xfit plus gym but was difficult to schedule it in with the course load. Hopefully after this summer I'll be able to do both and get a solid routine going over a solid 9-10 months to put on 10-15lbs.

As of yesterday I'm 6'2" and 163lbs.

Quick Reply: The Official TS Workout & Nutrition Thread