Notices
Health & Wellness Personal Training, Cycling, Running, Nutrition, & More Discussion Forum

The Official TS Workout & Nutrition Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 06:57 PM
Photographer Extraordinaire
atomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond repute
Steve, I didn't realize that we were the same age. I agree with you..it does get more challenging to stay injury free at this point in time for us both. I guess I've found ways to be more creative in doing so.

Old 04-02-2012, 07:01 PM
Teamspeed Pro
boursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond repute
cool point stoppie. let's make it more detailed since summer is coming up and we'll be getting more posts on this thread! fresh start. you guys have been doing this for quite a while it shows so let's get some history as well!
i turned 28 last month. been working out since 2001 (my dad is legit), but never really took care of what i ate until i finished college in 2004. mishap during my postgrad, inflated into a 101kg lump. i traveled at 88kg with a 34" waist.
2007 marked the year of the serious dieting and rigorous training, dropped down to 71kg (lipo6 supp only, no shakes no nothing), 30" waist, i think 14" arms. it was very easy for me because i had the motivation of being my dad's son and we worked out together a lot. changed gyms end of `07 (was very limited in kuwait), and started working out more properly focusing on lats and delts. started reading more about nutrition and supplements. learned my way around stacking and making up my own routines.

best shape i got in from what i remember is 1st quarter 2010 (did some juice + hgh); i was in such good shape and so cocky that i even went shirtless in A&F in london 30" waist, 81kg. i am not giving bf % coz i never had the proper gear to measure.
was never the same since i took my cardio a lot more seriously in summer 2010 (during the WC) while my fiancee was traveling and i managed to look pretty good for when i wanted to get married. thing is, i didn't go to the gym for 6 weeks straight after getting married, and i'll let your imagination do the rest. AT LEAST 5kg of pure, yellow, disgusting fat had my ups and downs since, but never managed to be consistent as now in terms of 2 months back in the gym, and today marks the 2nd week of good dieting!

*shirtless pics are all of 74kg, natural
*pic with puma jacket is one in london, i know it's small but i just wanted to show my mug and how the extra 7-8kg didn't go to my cheeks and neck
*pic in formal kuwaiti dress is on my wedding day (81-82kg also but not in tip top form)

ps: best cardio ever is jump rope
pss: best fatburner ever is, sorry i have to say this but, ephedrine
psss: juicing w/o test is useless (never did test)
pssss: hgh does work mafaka!! notice the flab in my stomach at 74kg, all gone even after 8kg over (good form), AND feels/looks diff, not as useless skin, even after i reached a ridiculous 92kg (just recently!!!!)

Attached Images    
Old 04-02-2012, 07:03 PM
Teamspeed Pro
boursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gfroman
Wish I was 37, BigSlacker. (I like your advice as you and I think about the same.)
Try adding about 20 years onto your age.
Injury free is a prime concern.
I do still love to work out even after all these years!
utmost respect, sir!!
you remind of my dad (LOL sorry really not meant that way) and one of my biggest goals in life is to be in your condition when 30yrs on

GOD BLESS!

Old 04-02-2012, 07:05 PM
Teamspeed Member
Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by boursachi
+1, for me i use protein shakes (only recently re-introduced) because i SUCK at controlling portions and TYPES of food. supplements for me are just fillers for meal time slots, and i make it my mission to make sure i eat more wholefood protein when i use the shakes - and only use the shake if i'm hungry and don't have time or don't have anything to eat.

fatburners work magic on me because of the caff. i never drink coffee and never tea in the mornings, so if it's 100-300mg of caff anhyd i become so focused and alert that i reap the benefits in my cardio/lifting.
First paragraph says treas to me "I am not 100% dedicated and only want to reach my goals sometimes so I find it hard to control my meals and use protein shakes as a filler for when I cant be assed...........WAKE UP and REACH YOUR GOALS.

As for fat burners, I have used them before and do agree somewhat though be carefull as caffiene can help you lose weight but a portion will always be fluids and your body being dehydrated so can be artificial loses.

Old 04-02-2012, 07:08 PM
Teamspeed Member
Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Also they say that for lifting and strength you peak at around mid 30's so you guys at 35 and 37 are at an ADVANTAGE not DISADVANTAGE.

I am merely 24 my self so have a ways to before I hit my "age peak".

Old 04-02-2012, 07:10 PM
Teamspeed Pro
slord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond repute
Back to crossfit after a week of vacation. No chance of doing the full OH squat weight on this one, especially with the shoulder issues so that was kind of light.

WOD April 2, 2012
Warm up:

Row 500m
50 Jumping Jacks
40 Situps
30 Pushups
20 Spinal Rolls
10 Burpees
3 Laps
Skills:

Overhead Squat
The Nearly Impossible WOD:

20 Minutes, at the top of each minute:

Even Minutes
3 Overhead Squats (185/115)
Odd Minutes
2 Muscle ups or Muscle Up Transitions
6 Pistols (3 per leg)
24 Double Unders

Old 04-02-2012, 07:11 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by Detailer
I am not 100% dedicated and only want to reach my goals sometimes so I find it hard to control my meals and use protein shakes as a filler for when I cant be assed
heh i can't blame you for thinking that mate because i can never describe in words how (my) social life is like over here; perhaps the gulf guys can chime in. let alone my prof one. my biggest challenge is not staying motivated, nor knowing what i want or what i should eat. it has always been getting the time to go to the gym, and having the food prepared. hence why i say this is the best spell i am having since marriage because i finally mastered it (and work permits it this semester). i teach and have to deal with a lot of conferencing for papers/presentations so juggling that with family and cars tends to take its toll

Old 04-02-2012, 07:16 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
boursachi,

haver you ever been at the Oxygen gym?

quite a few IFBB Pros where there for some time,..

Old 04-02-2012, 07:33 PM
Teamspeed Pro
^ that's my gym, been there since `07 mate
a true game changer

Old 04-02-2012, 07:53 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
very cool!

I`d love to train there...pretty much anything you need and a cool crowd as well

Did you get in touch with any of them (Dennis James etc)

Quick Reply: The Official TS Workout & Nutrition Thread