Notices
Health & Wellness Personal Training, Cycling, Running, Nutrition, & More Discussion Forum

The Official TS Workout & Nutrition Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 10:32 AM
Teamspeed Pro
boursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond repute
yaaaww, the king is back
i've been ignoring this thread and unsubscribed on purpose since i wanted to make sure this streak i'm on would continue. fortunately, i'm coming up on 7 weeks back in the gym routinely, something which i couldn't manage in the last 18 months or so mostly been on/off, with weight ranging from 83.9kg (ramadhan, was a good phase) up to 92.5kg (whaaaaaaat!!)

in the last 7 wks i've been getting my fitness back up on Stairmaster, running/jogging, cycling. endurance is not my biggest goal right now nor is power as i wish to first clean up my diet so i can lose the water, shed some fat off, and 'feel' lighter at the gym so i can get a rhythm going before breaking up my muscle workouts and find a weekly routine.
for 3 days now, i go round and hit as much as i can so i can work more muscle groups for better fat/calorie burning during recovery.

very proud of my weigh in after today's workout at 88.5. can't be more than 10 days ago when i saw 92.5 don't ask why i let myself go, it's as if i hate myself or something!

my beloved wife brought this grill home a week ago and i've been using it for the last 3 days to grill chicken. today was the first day i added the veggies (carbs). i've been eating 5/6 breasts a day i am learning to make the chicken leaner, softer, and have a bit of a taste by putting them in a bag with lemon squeeze. no spices of any kind yet.

will think about making it taste better as my weight keeps dropping. i should be at 87.0kg by next friday. so i'm giving myself two weeks to get to a "real" 85.0kg before i can seriously think about a good routine

wish me luck b1tches!

Attached Images    
Old 03-23-2012, 10:46 AM
Teamspeed Pro
boursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond repute
PS: 7 wks back in the gym means that i actuall go, put in the effort, have a good workout mix of cardio/weightlifting BUT i don't stick to a strict diet by any means. i did try to watch calories over 48hrs instead of 24hr, but i would easily load up on fats/sugars enjoying the food and dealing with the guilt that is so familiar to all of you i'm sure haha

WORKOUT those past 3 days
- start with 10mins on Stairmaster, fatburner mode, level 15.
i use two machines, depending on which is free. one has each level for 10secs, the other with 20secs.

- run for 10mins, yesterday and today it was a nice steady 12km/h so 2km in 10mins right after the stairmaster gets my heart rate up and enables the weightlifting to be all in fatburn mode

- weightlifting starts with either delts or lats, since i like to have steady posture and use weights that get me pumping. i don't time my rests, but i do wait for my heart to quiet down before the next set so i don't keep it steady

- triceps are mostly cable, biceps are mostly seated barbell curls, chest is mostly incline dumbbells and free chin dips, fores and delts aren't really getting that much focus, abs are weighted machine crunches so far. not addressing obliques individually yet

- round it up with 10 mins cycling, by that time i'm spent and don't really keep a minimum rpm so it's a normal 22km-25km/h pace unfortuanetly. but i do this just to get blood moving again before:

- 10min sauna, laying down mostly so i don't spend too much extra energy

shower and be on my way
eat what is above

Old 03-23-2012, 11:03 PM
Teamspeed Pro
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
Personal Best Alert: Just ran the longest run of my life. 10 miles. Did it Thursday morning before work - nice quick stretch (2-3 mins), some jumping jacks for a few minutes and then off i went. No stopping - no issues. 10 straight miles on the trail in my town that is mostly flat with a few small inclines and turns. Finished in 97 minutes flat. That is about 9:47 per mile average but i know my first few miles were around 9:25....and my last few were around 10:15....so somewhere in the middle of the run i settled into a nice pace. Total burned calories for this run (including stretching after for 15 minutes) was 2,200 calories. Crazy!!!

Today (friday) i feel great. Legs are tight but not too bad. No pain anywhere and my abs and back feel worked as well. Very excited to have done this long of a run - now onto my next running goal - my first competitive run of the season. 5k this sunday. Hoping to run well and finish with a new personal best in the 5k --- under 26:30. Will be sure to post up the results.

Old 03-24-2012, 12:46 AM
I love my DUCKS!
eddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond repute
Boooooom.

Old 03-24-2012, 06:43 AM
Teamspeed Pro
big_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond repute
Nice work!

Originally Posted by pearlcoupeg35
Personal Best Alert: Just ran the longest run of my life. 10 miles. Did it Thursday morning before work - nice quick stretch (2-3 mins), some jumping jacks for a few minutes and then off i went. No stopping - no issues. 10 straight miles on the trail in my town that is mostly flat with a few small inclines and turns. Finished in 97 minutes flat. That is about 9:47 per mile average but i know my first few miles were around 9:25....and my last few were around 10:15....so somewhere in the middle of the run i settled into a nice pace. Total burned calories for this run (including stretching after for 15 minutes) was 2,200 calories. Crazy!!!

Today (friday) i feel great. Legs are tight but not too bad. No pain anywhere and my abs and back feel worked as well. Very excited to have done this long of a run - now onto my next running goal - my first competitive run of the season. 5k this sunday. Hoping to run well and finish with a new personal best in the 5k --- under 26:30. Will be sure to post up the results.

Old 03-25-2012, 01:50 PM
GLN
Thor Liked My Watch
GLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond repute

Awesome bud! Keep up the good work.

I skipped working out on Fri and Sat... Feel like a fat fvck, but I was BEAT from Thursdays ride.

Old 03-25-2012, 09:47 PM
Teamspeed Pro
big_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond repute
1 month in today on my weight gain. Remember that I posted 2 weeks ago I was up 9 lbs. I'm up exactly 10 at this point.

I attribute some of the early weight gain to water retention when I started using creatine. I cycled off the creatine for a week while I was travelling for business, so my new weight of 175 is legit. Only minor evidence of a 6 pack unless I flex my abs, but I'm not exactly a whale either. The extra size is evident on my arms, shoulders and chest. Wifey approved, she says that she doesn't care about abs.

My target at this point is 185. We'll see if I can continue with the 2.5 lbs a week schedule.

Old 03-25-2012, 09:52 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
SATURN_rob has a reputation beyond reputeSATURN_rob has a reputation beyond reputeSATURN_rob has a reputation beyond reputeSATURN_rob has a reputation beyond reputeSATURN_rob has a reputation beyond reputeSATURN_rob has a reputation beyond reputeSATURN_rob has a reputation beyond reputeSATURN_rob has a reputation beyond reputeSATURN_rob has a reputation beyond reputeSATURN_rob has a reputation beyond reputeSATURN_rob has a reputation beyond repute
Did the Mercer Island Half this morning; not looking forward to a week of soreness!

Old 03-25-2012, 10:09 PM
Teamspeed Pro
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by big_slacker
Nice work!
Thank you. Felt great!

Originally Posted by GLN
Awesome bud! Keep up the good work.

I skipped working out on Fri and Sat... Feel like a fat fvck, but I was BEAT from Thursdays ride.
Thanks a lot. Looks like a nice ride in a cool area. Great friend lives in Ridgewood. Otherwise i dont know much about your area....but i assume that is a trail along the water??? What was your total calories burned?

Originally Posted by big_slacker
1 month in today on my weight gain. Remember that I posted 2 weeks ago I was up 9 lbs. I'm up exactly 10 at this point.

I attribute some of the early weight gain to water retention when I started using creatine. I cycled off the creatine for a week while I was travelling for business, so my new weight of 175 is legit. Only minor evidence of a 6 pack unless I flex my abs, but I'm not exactly a whale either. The extra size is evident on my arms, shoulders and chest. Wifey approved, she says that she doesn't care about abs.

My target at this point is 185. We'll see if I can continue with the 2.5 lbs a week schedule.
Interesting goal. Are you lifting HEAVY? Eating like a horse? What exactly are you gaining for? Just to look buff in your summer tshirts? LOL!!! (that is my reason). Keep it up!

Originally Posted by SATURN_rob
Did the Mercer Island Half this morning; not looking forward to a week of soreness!
13.1....wow that is great. What was your time?

I got in my first "competitve" run of the season this morning. Did a 5k with my girlfriend and some friends. I finished the 3.1 mile course in 26:30. Happy with my time

Old 03-25-2012, 10:15 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
SATURN_rob has a reputation beyond reputeSATURN_rob has a reputation beyond reputeSATURN_rob has a reputation beyond reputeSATURN_rob has a reputation beyond reputeSATURN_rob has a reputation beyond reputeSATURN_rob has a reputation beyond reputeSATURN_rob has a reputation beyond reputeSATURN_rob has a reputation beyond reputeSATURN_rob has a reputation beyond reputeSATURN_rob has a reputation beyond reputeSATURN_rob has a reputation beyond repute

13.1....wow that is great. What was your time?

I got in my first "competitve" run of the season this morning. Did a 5k with my girlfriend and some friends. I finished the 3.1 mile course in 26:30. Happy with my time
Congrats on the 5K! How did you feel at the end?

In response to your first question, my time was 1 hr, 30 min, 23 seconds. I'm really trying to break the 1:30 limit

Congrats again on the 5k

Quick Reply: The Official TS Workout & Nutrition Thread