Notices
Health & Wellness Personal Training, Cycling, Running, Nutrition, & More Discussion Forum

The Official TS Workout & Nutrition Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2011, 11:44 AM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
Gah, I am going crazy. I haven't been able to run in weeks, and can still barely walk. My achilles is still fvcked and it doesn't seem to be getting any better. Gonna call my health insurance on Monday, anybody know what they'll do? Give me some anti inflammatory pills and send me off?

Old 08-20-2011, 11:45 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
vltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant future
Was just about to say, I've had cramps that bad before when I used to play basketball. Not so fun. Just rest up and you'll be good. Next time, get your electrolytes and hydration in. Banana up!

I used to have chunky calves when I lifted heavy. Since I lost my weight, a lot of it seems to have comes from my legs - one of my friends commented that I had chick calves now haha! I woulda figured they would be nasty from cycling but I guess not.

Old 08-20-2011, 11:51 AM
Teamspeed Pro
boursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond repute
yon, sorry to hear bro
i never had it that bad, but whenever i don't jump rope for a while and overdo it the first day back, i get cramped up and have difficulty walking!

definitely do NOT strain or train the muscle. but i find working out the upper body is cool, and even helpfup (?) probably has to do with blood pumping throughout

rest up, eat well, and extend your legs when you're online (or fapping )

big slacker hahah i agree, calve muscles are the sh1t right after a round full delt

Old 08-21-2011, 09:47 PM
Teamspeed Member
Master Shake You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Master Shake You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Master Shake You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Master Shake You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Master Shake You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Master Shake You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Master Shake You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Master Shake You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Master Shake You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Master Shake You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Master Shake You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
5th week. The running is getting easier. It now feels weird when I miss a day.

Old 08-21-2011, 10:39 PM
Teamspeed Pro
big_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond repute
I just got done doing 5x10 single leg DB split squat supersetted with DB bent leg deads. (Not really deads, remember I gave those up) Wrecked my quads, cramped up like crazy after the last set. Tomorrow is gonna be awesome.

Old 08-22-2011, 12:16 AM
GLN
Thor Liked My Watch
GLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond repute
Still in pain and it's been a couple of days since the "cramp". Still being a hypochondriac and hoping it's not serious.

Old 08-22-2011, 01:01 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Speed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GLN
Still in pain and it's been a couple of days since the "cramp". Still being a hypochondriac and hoping it's not serious.
"It might be a tumor" - YouTube

Old 08-22-2011, 04:54 PM
Teamspeed Pro
big_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond repute
Depends on how bad the pain is and how you normally recover. For me if I overdo it a bit on a body part its not uncommon for stuff to hurt for 3-4 days. If the pain remains at a steady level for days on end (not getting better each day after the 2nd) it might be something worse than a cramp and soreness.

Old 08-22-2011, 11:31 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
30 mile road ride thru the mountais today. It's been a while since I've ridden hard above 6000ft only took me half the ride to climatize but it felt good.

Thanks Big Slacker for the info and your thoughts on Mtn bikes

Old 08-23-2011, 02:12 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
vltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant future
I need to jump on the knobby tire train!

Short swim in the morning today, I ate like crap over the weekend but that swim was all I needed to right that situation. On to the rest of the week!

Quick Reply: The Official TS Workout & Nutrition Thread