Notices
Health & Wellness Personal Training, Cycling, Running, Nutrition, & More Discussion Forum

The Official TS Workout & Nutrition Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 04:15 AM
Teamspeed Pro
LABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond repute
^ Gonna do that tonight, it was something i used to do often - very good for core strengthening.

Old 02-09-2011, 05:08 AM
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
Just returned from the gym: did back/biceps today. 4 sets, 12-15 reps per set of:

Lat pulldowns (3-45 lb plates a side)
Behind the head pulldowns (2-45 lb plates per side)
Medicine balls slams (20 per sets w/a 15 lb ball)
Inside hammer curls (35/40/45/50)
Kettlebell hammer tosses (pull kb into a curl and toss it up grabbing with the opposite hand and repeating)
Barbell shrugs (225 lbs x 4 sets of 15 reps)
Light deadlifts (4 sets of 225 lbs x 15 reps)

Today was a light day...

Old 02-09-2011, 08:52 AM
Banned
Okay, off to work on my ninja skills.

Old 02-09-2011, 09:50 AM
Teamspeed Pro
big_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond repute
Spin bikes in gyms tend to have male specific seats, but some are unisex or female specific. Regardless you've got to adjust the bike for proper fit. That means the saddle fore/aft as well as up/down and the bars for your arm length as well. It should not rub or be painful/uncomfortable to pedal. If it is, it's like jumping in a car with the seat all the way forward, taking a road trip and complaining that driving is uncomfortable.

And wear cycling shorts. My wife went through this as well, we have a typical gym quality spin bike (star trac spinner pro) in the house for my indoor winter training. She uses it all the time, but adjusts it to her fit.

I know it sounds like I'm a preacher trying to convert someone, of course cycling isn't for everyone. But I hate to see someone not choose it because they had bad fit on a bike.

Anyway, swimming is awesome as well. My local "pool" (lake tahoe) is a little chilly right now. When you say you have a lap pool, is in a 50m? If so thats just awesome.

Originally Posted by ktvegas
I don't know how guys do spin bikes. I got on one once and needed a new crotch after 5 minutes. No, thanks!

I don't think cycling is my thing. If I can't run, I'm going to swim. We have a lap pool in the backyard..spent quite a bit of time in it last year.

Old 02-09-2011, 11:28 AM
GLN
Thor Liked My Watch
GLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond repute
Doing Bi's and Back today as well.

Everything is 3 sets x 10

Standing Zottman Curls

Incline Hammer Curls

Concentration Curls

Back -

Wide Grip Lat Pulldowns

Close Grip Lat Pulldowns

Elevated Cable Rows

Reverse Grip Bent Rows

Incline Bench Pulls

Then either Sprints, Elliptical, or Jump rope

Old 02-09-2011, 12:25 PM
KT
I give good hugs. Bo, you're first.
KT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by big_slacker
Spin bikes in gyms tend to have male specific seats, but some are unisex or female specific. Regardless you've got to adjust the bike for proper fit. I know it sounds like I'm a preacher trying to convert someone, of course cycling isn't for everyone. But I hate to see someone not choose it because they had bad fit on a bike.

Anyway, swimming is awesome as well. My local "pool" (lake tahoe) is a little chilly right now. When you say you have a lap pool, is in a 50m? If so thats just awesome.
I tried every which way, trust me. That thing was just not friendly.

It's not a 50m, no. But it does the job.

Originally Posted by SoCal
Just returned from the gym: did back/biceps today. 4 sets, 12-15 reps per set of:

Lat pulldowns (3-45 lb plates a side)
Behind the head pulldowns (2-45 lb plates per side)
Medicine balls slams (20 per sets w/a 15 lb ball)
Inside hammer curls (35/40/45/50)
Kettlebell hammer tosses (pull kb into a curl and toss it up grabbing with the opposite hand and repeating)
Barbell shrugs (225 lbs x 4 sets of 15 reps)
Light deadlifts (4 sets of 225 lbs x 15 reps)

Today was a light day...
What a big, strong, strapping young Moderator you are

Am I allowed to say that?

Old 02-09-2011, 12:26 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ktvegas
I tried every which way, trust me. That thing was just not friendly.

It's not a 50m, no. But it does the job.

What a big, strong, strapping young Moderator you are

Am I allowed to say that?
Kiss Ass!

He can't ban you. He doesn't have the nutsack for it.

On the bike front KT you need to have someone fit you properly and you also just have to get used to it. They make women friendly seats as well. Much better on your body and you can get a nice cruiser that will be a lot more comfortable than spin class bikes.

Old 02-09-2011, 12:27 PM
Banned
Umm, you are allowed to say whatever you want KT; you get a pass.

Mark, you cool it or you are toast buddy!

Old 02-09-2011, 12:28 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute

If I get banned I'll stop neglecting......EVERYTHING ELSE...in my life. Could be a good thing.

Old 02-09-2011, 12:36 PM
KT
I give good hugs. Bo, you're first.
KT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by h20skier
Kiss Ass!

He can't ban you. He doesn't have the nutsack for it.

On the bike front KT you need to have someone fit you properly and you also just have to get used to it. They make women friendly seats as well. Much better on your body and you can get a nice cruiser that will be a lot more comfortable than spin class bikes.
Hey, I resemble that remark. And why do I need to get used to it? I don't have the slightest inkling to get on a bike, stationary or otherwise. I am perfectly OK doing other things.

Yeah, Mark. Cool it. Shouldn't you be working?

Thanks, SoCal

Quick Reply: The Official TS Workout & Nutrition Thread