Notices
Health & Wellness Personal Training, Cycling, Running, Nutrition, & More Discussion Forum

The Official TS Workout & Nutrition Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 04:32 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond repute
Its a work out just reading this thread.

Ok i will get my coat.

Old 02-08-2011, 04:34 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SoCal
No Mark, I had to check in with the mom, and someone called about the car. But thank you for caring, big brother.

KT, you should consider them. They will suck at first because your entire foot and leg will feel engaged. You will get used to it as you will be running properly. Try it out...
Hope the call on the car went well....or I'm the Big Brother that wants you to be able to keep it and not have to worry about helping Mom cause she's all better now.

Now get to bed before I send some cousins over to kick your ars

Old 02-08-2011, 07:28 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
OK, can you guys suggest any good back strenghtening moves?

I tweaked my back not too long ago picking up my 38 pound 2 year old. And no, he is not obese, you have seen the pictures, he is just big and tall.

Old 02-08-2011, 07:39 PM
Teamspeed Pro
big_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond repute
Thats about as fun as running on a treadmill in the gym. You've got red rock which is a road bikers wet dream. You've got groups from recreational to fitness to racing, some all female if its more comfortable. (Many male roadies are massive d-bags)

Outside of the road, Vegas has great mountain biking. The Las Vegas meetup group has beginner friendly, no drop rides all the time. That means they'll wait up for you at preset locations.

If you must do indoors, spin classes at LVAC are instructor led, with music and are challenging for beginners on up to expert cyclists. (Same workout, set your own tension)

Cycling is so much more fun and less hard on the body than running.

Originally Posted by ktvegas
I've done the stationary bike but I hate it. It's boring. I like to get outside and run more than anything.

Old 02-08-2011, 09:11 PM
KT
I give good hugs. Bo, you're first.
KT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by big_slacker
If you must do indoors, spin classes at LVAC are instructor led, with music and are challenging for beginners on up to expert cyclists. (Same workout, set your own tension)

Cycling is so much more fun and less hard on the body than running.

I don't know how guys do spin bikes. I got on one once and needed a new crotch after 5 minutes. No, thanks!

I don't think cycling is my thing. If I can't run, I'm going to swim. We have a lap pool in the backyard..spent quite a bit of time in it last year.

Old 02-08-2011, 09:18 PM
ljg
Teamspeed Pro
ljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ktvegas
I don't know how guys do spin bikes. I got on one once and needed a new crotch after 5 minutes. No, thanks!

I don't think cycling is my thing. If I can't run, I'm going to swim. We have a lap pool in the backyard..spent quite a bit of time in it last year.
..there has to be a way to spin this (no pun intended)

Old 02-08-2011, 11:00 PM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
Uggghhhh, I despise distance running. Getting an entry level bicycle soon.

Old 02-08-2011, 11:12 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
KT, good luck with the running situation. If you can't run, I'll be happy to pick up the slack for you this spring. My goal is to get up to running 20-25 miles a week by the end of May.

Now I just need it to get a little nicer out and for my new running shoes to show up!

Old 02-08-2011, 11:28 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Gator has a reputation beyond reputeGator has a reputation beyond reputeGator has a reputation beyond reputeGator has a reputation beyond reputeGator has a reputation beyond reputeGator has a reputation beyond reputeGator has a reputation beyond reputeGator has a reputation beyond reputeGator has a reputation beyond reputeGator has a reputation beyond reputeGator has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla
KT, good luck with the running situation. If you can't run, I'll be happy to pick up the slack for you this spring. My goal is to get up to running 20-25 miles a week by the end of May.

Now I just need it to get a little nicer out and for my new running shoes to show up!
You have no access to a treadmill whatsoever?

Old 02-09-2011, 02:02 AM
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by h20skier
Hope the call on the car went well....or I'm the Big Brother that wants you to be able to keep it and not have to worry about helping Mom cause she's all better now.

Now get to bed before I send some cousins over to kick your ars

Thanks Mark. I too want to keep the Porsche, but once I get my mom's situation as straight as I can, I will likely get a 997 C4S, or a GT3. It will depend on what happens.

And I slept, some, so don't send the cousins over! I would hate to send them back your way missing limbs...

Originally Posted by stuka
OK, can you guys suggest any good back strenghtening moves?

I tweaked my back not too long ago picking up my 38 pound 2 year old. And no, he is not obese, you have seen the pictures, he is just big and tall.
Start with planks, which are basically a pushup position that you hold for an extended period of time (30-90 seconds). Keep the line from your head to your heels as straight as possible.

Front plank: pushup position with arms fully extended or arms bent at 90 degrees with your elbows/forearms on the ground for support.
Side plank: roll to either side (left or right) and keep your body in that straight line. Whichever side is down, post that elbow/forearm on the ground to keep your body up.
Back plank: roll to your back, bring your heels in as close to your butt as possible, and push your hips up, making a straight line from your knees to your collarbones. Place your hands and arms along your side and alternate raising one foot off of the ground and pointing it straight out in line with your body.

Next, try swimmers: lie facedown on a moveable flat bench, extend your arms out in front of you, and your legs out behind you. Now, lift your chest and thighs as high as possible off the bench (maintaining contact with your core/abdomen) and "swim" by kicking your feet, and bringing your hands from directly out in front of you to the sides of your body.

Good luck man, and always remember, lift with your legs.

Quick Reply: The Official TS Workout & Nutrition Thread