Notices
Health & Wellness Personal Training, Cycling, Running, Nutrition, & More Discussion Forum

The Official TS Workout & Nutrition Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 03:23 PM
Teamspeed Pro
wyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond repute
that's a lot of weight loss you've achieved. congrats

Old 06-07-2011, 09:12 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
vltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant future
Thanks! It's been tricky but I'm pretty good at staying motivated. I just realized that I didn't really want to weigh that much anymore (wasn't necessarily fat) if I was going to take cycling and etc more seriously. Also, it's a lot cheaper being this thin - I'm not craving steak all the time!

Old 06-08-2011, 01:56 PM
Teamspeed Pro
big_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond repute
Still feeling the back a little today so I replaced deads with my bench workout.

Warmed up on the heavy bag for a couple of rounds, I gotta get some wraps so I can actually give the bag the business. Then:

Bench: 3x145, 3x155, 8x165 (Note with 5/3/1 on the last set if you ate your wheaties you can decide to max out on reps with good form)

DB press, 5x10 with 50
DB rows, 5x15 with 50

Such a simple workout, but I do the DB press and rows one after the other. What a ball buster.

Old 06-08-2011, 02:37 PM
GLN
Thor Liked My Watch
GLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond repute
fvcked up my wrist but i've been doing the 5x5 program. love it.

Old 06-08-2011, 02:47 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
vltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant future
Another day at the bag room, getting back to my grappling and muay thai conditioning. Shots are getting faster, sprawls are getting faster, lots of muay thai drills to get me back into shape. Feels good to be doing this again, I stopped for way too long cause of injuries.

Old 06-08-2011, 07:05 PM
Teamspeed Pro
big_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond repute
Just got back from taking the roadie on a test ride around the hood with the new carbon MTB bars/brakes on. Feels a LOT better to this old BMX kid.

338 feet vertical in 13 minutes.

Attached Images  
Old 06-22-2011, 09:54 AM
Teamspeed Pro
You guys stop working out?

I finished up my 2nd month of 5/3/1 and I'm doing my deloading week so light weights.

Also I reached my weight goal of 170 lbs (172.2 actually) and am now cutting some of the fat I put on. A day is generally something like:

6am run and shadowbox, then:

4 egg white omelet with spinach, yellow/red pepper, flaxseed and butter. Piece of fruit, juice and water.

lunch:

Spinach, chicken breast, pepper and olive oil, fruit.

5:30pm weights, then:

Applesauce, protein and flaxseed post workout.

Before bed:

Spinach, chicken breast, pepper and olive oil, fruit.

Old 06-22-2011, 10:04 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Bright and early (ok well not bright, for whatever reason it's cloudy in the OC) for a morning in the bag room!

And a Langster! My old roommate had one, I loved it. Stiff frame, super light, great track racer.

Not too far off from my goal weight, just gotta get a few more pounds going but at this point I really don't care as long as the fat gets cut.

Been snacking too much though. Gotta stop that.

Old 06-22-2011, 10:40 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Yeah, its shocking how good it is for $500. That's what happens when you're not paying for an expensive gruppo. It's even a bit porkier than it could be. A lighter wheelset and cranks and it would REALLY fly.

Originally Posted by vltsai
Bright and early (ok well not bright, for whatever reason it's cloudy in the OC) for a morning in the bag room!

And a Langster! My old roommate had one, I loved it. Stiff frame, super light, great track racer.

Not too far off from my goal weight, just gotta get a few more pounds going but at this point I really don't care as long as the fat gets cut.

Been snacking too much though. Gotta stop that.

Old 06-22-2011, 11:28 AM
GLN
Thor Liked My Watch
GLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond repute
Been killing it hardcore in the gym lately.

Doing 4.5-5mi with heavy resistance on the stairmaster for cardio.

Still sticking to the 5x5 routine. Upped my 5x5 weight to 205 consistently. Probably going to keep at it for another week before going to 215 on bench.

Wrist is doing much better... with arms I do 4 sets of 10 and I'm afraid my arms are getting too big so I refuse to go up in weight anymore... Just going to start trying to do higher reps...

I do 80lb on EZ curl, 35/40's on hammers, 35/40s on incline seated curls, then i drop to 25lbs on concentration curls.

gotta figure out a good replacement for skullcrushers because I think that is how I am hurting my wrist constantly. I was doing 80lb EZ curl skull crushers, but I'm going to go down to 60/70 that way I can perfect my form more to hopefully prevent the wrist problems. I do the cable pull down extensions with about 50-60lb, then about 4x12 weighted dips, and 10lb dumbell tri extensions....

stoked for arms... then cardio, abs, and spin.

Quick Reply: The Official TS Workout & Nutrition Thread