Notices
Health & Wellness Personal Training, Cycling, Running, Nutrition, & More Discussion Forum

The Official TS Workout & Nutrition Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2011, 06:58 PM
GLN
Thor Liked My Watch
GLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond repute
Been 10 days out of the gym now. Do not like....

Cant wait to get back in Monday. Thinking about doing a ride tomorrow AM.

Old 10-09-2011, 01:06 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
vltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant future
Did my first run in a few years today! 5 miles, at a mid-8's pace...not bad, I guess! Being lighter does have its advantages!

Old 10-09-2011, 02:10 PM
Teamspeed Pro
big_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond repute
Just got back from the crappy gym at my temp apt complex. Literally every machine is broken in some way, but all useable. So full body weights and half an hour max incline treadmill.

Old 10-09-2011, 08:11 PM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
Originally Posted by Detailer
Chains are great for a different style of training than bands, Band are IMO more for conditioning resistance training where as chains for more for your bulking training.
Always wanted to train with chains but never had them at the gym
Originally Posted by GLN
Been out of the gym since Wednesday... it's killing me. I feel obese already. Not to mention I've been eating like pure crap bc I've been sick. Ugh damn it
fatty

Old 10-09-2011, 08:22 PM
Teamspeed Member
Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by cstroked
Always wanted to train with chains but never had them at the gym

Take your own :P.

I have my gym at home but fairly primative as that the way I like to train. I took chalk, ammonia, and my lift heavy till you have to drop the weight mentality to a friends gym once......apparently gyms dont like chalk being used, call you a druggie for using ammonia and get narky when dropping heavy plates lol.

Ps my gym consist of:
spin bike
pull up bar (home weld job bolted to wall)
dip bar (once again home job)
head harness for neck excercises
bench press
half filled keg
2 metal jerry cans filled with water
a couple concrete "rocks"
tractor tire
squat rack
many chains
120kg capable dubmbell set
6 foot PVC pipe 1/2 water filled
chalk bowl
pair of chucks for lifting
skipping rope

but 80% is in storage atm until I move

thats all you need IMO

Very cheap no none sense gym

Old 10-10-2011, 12:31 AM
I love my DUCKS!
eddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond repute
amonia?????

Old 10-10-2011, 01:53 AM
Teamspeed Member
Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by eddiecut
amonia?????
yup ammonia caps helps you lift when your going for a PR or max. its like a BIG hit of adrenaline lol.

Try it and youll see

Old 10-10-2011, 08:15 AM
GLN
Thor Liked My Watch
GLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond repute
Allowed to go back to the gym today. Beyond excited...

Mondays Chest and Spin for cardio - Probs will go down to 195lb to play it safe as its been nearly 2 weeks since my last visit.

Also now that Summer is over, spin classes are now 90 min an 75 min... so good chances of me dying/passing out today.

PS - Also, I'm going to assume that these ammonia caps have some sort of similar effect as allergy pills.

Old 10-10-2011, 09:22 AM
Teamspeed Pro
big_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond repute
Allergy pills? Those usually make you drowsy over time. Ammonia is like a slap in the face, just a very short term boost.

Old 10-10-2011, 11:17 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
vltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant future
Someone recommend me running shoes. Seriously! My Asics are old and I get blisters now. So what do you wear?

Quick Reply: The Official TS Workout & Nutrition Thread