Notices
Health & Wellness Personal Training, Cycling, Running, Nutrition, & More Discussion Forum

The Official TS Workout & Nutrition Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 01:24 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
vltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by boursachi
vltsai, not only does that sound awesome for the body but immense fun!
man i wish our weather allowed ANY kind of outdoor activity (jetskiing doesnt count)
it's a nice socializing at the gym but the idea of feeling what i feel postworkout out in the open is something i can only dream of
i love the vids on youtube on workouts in the parks!
It's fantastic fun. Part of the reason why I love cycling is because you can get out and enjoy the scenery. Don't feel like going to the beach today? Go through a canyon. Don't feel like doing that? Go do some climbing. No matter what, as long as you're out there working, it's going to feel great. Unfortunately I'm not the strongest climber, but I suppose if I was I wouldn't have much motivation to do climbing training, would I?

Originally Posted by SoCal
Where in the OC are you vltsai? I just moved out of San Clemente a couple of months ago.
I'm in Irvine so if I'm cycling, I'll be going from there out to Newport, Laguna, Huntington, Lake Forest, etc. I seem to find myself all over the OC when I bike.

San Clemente is a fantastic area! I've biked through the area on the way to SD, gorgeous place. Really good surf as well. Definitely motivates you to get out.

Old 05-02-2011, 01:59 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Gator has a reputation beyond reputeGator has a reputation beyond reputeGator has a reputation beyond reputeGator has a reputation beyond reputeGator has a reputation beyond reputeGator has a reputation beyond reputeGator has a reputation beyond reputeGator has a reputation beyond reputeGator has a reputation beyond reputeGator has a reputation beyond reputeGator has a reputation beyond repute
After a weekend of celebratory graduation drinking and whatnot, somehow got myself up to do a few miles this morning.

I could literally smell beer and champagne in my sweat

Old 05-02-2011, 02:02 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Gator has a reputation beyond reputeGator has a reputation beyond reputeGator has a reputation beyond reputeGator has a reputation beyond reputeGator has a reputation beyond reputeGator has a reputation beyond reputeGator has a reputation beyond reputeGator has a reputation beyond reputeGator has a reputation beyond reputeGator has a reputation beyond reputeGator has a reputation beyond repute
I prefer to be around 10% at 230.
How tall are you?

Last edited by Gator; 05-02-2011 at 02:06 PM.
Old 05-07-2011, 02:26 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
vltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant future
Couldn't let this fall too far back.

5-7-11: Santiago Canyon in Irvine, CA | Bike Map | MapMyRIDE

Did that yesterday. My ability to climb is...lackluster at best, it seems. But I'm trying! 3 hours in the saddle. I think my burger is sufficiently burned.

Combined that with another 10.2km of swimming. Solid week.

Old 05-07-2011, 02:36 PM
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
I am 6'3" Gator. And I deleted that extra post.

Old 05-07-2011, 07:08 PM
Teamspeed Pro
big_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond repute
My workouts during the travel were very brief and easy on purpose. Used the week as a rest/recover. Monday will be doing week 3 of 5/3/1 which is the "heavy" week.

Did the shovelglove workout (Shovelglove Movements) although I used a folding chair I had around the corporate condo instead of a sledge. The idea was to get some easy work in and keep blood flowing and me from going nuts.

Diet I posted above and pretty much stuck to it with a few sushi lunches thrown in instead of the rice/veggies/beef. Did chicken at the end of the week because it was on sale.

Old 05-07-2011, 07:20 PM
GLN
Thor Liked My Watch
GLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond repute
tweaked my lower back yesterday badly... spent the past 24 hours on oxy, skelaxin, advil, and ambien... just spasms i hope

Old 05-08-2011, 12:15 AM
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
My lower back always gets sore when I work dead lifts, but I rarely tweak it unless I am doing over 4 plates a side.

Old 05-08-2011, 02:47 AM
Teamspeed Pro
boursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond repute
gln, sorry to hear that bro
i find that strengthening the obliques and isolating them as a muscle just like you would the abs or any other muscle group works best for getting the motion right on (heavy) deadlifts

Old 05-08-2011, 07:43 PM
Yea, boobs never hurt.
Tsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond repute
I am around 12%, if I had to guess. I am a 33 or 34 MAX in pants, but I wear a 36 to throw people off and to change my appearance (and because I have the legs of a guy that humped around a 150# ruck for almost 9 years), if ever so slightly. I can get down in single digits for my bf%, but I am cold and sick all the time when I do that, and I tend to be more injury-prone when I go that low. I prefer to be around 10% at 230.
Funny.. I'm 34 in pants but I buy 36 because my legs barely fit in 34's... 36's are way too loose around the waist but I guess that's why we have belts.

Quick Reply: The Official TS Workout & Nutrition Thread