Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3RS 4.0 Limited Edition - Official Information Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 06:46 AM
d3a
Teamspeed Senior Member
d3a will become famous soon enoughd3a will become famous soon enoughd3a will become famous soon enoughd3a will become famous soon enoughd3a will become famous soon enoughd3a will become famous soon enoughd3a will become famous soon enoughd3a will become famous soon enoughd3a will become famous soon enough
4.0 RS and 997 turbo 918 spyder will be not the latest version of 997... we will see also 997 based on Carrera 4 called Silver after black...

Old 03-27-2011, 07:30 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ressy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the rough
^^^
I heard about it as well...

Old 03-27-2011, 07:41 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by A430v
Booooo, all this hype for 485 hp and 8,500 redline? Might rethink my order. Come on Porsche, let the Metzer block go with a bang, don't hold back!!! <frustrated>!
If that's all there is, I'll also be rethinking trading in a barely used 2011 GT3 and getting killed...

Old 03-27-2011, 10:47 AM
I need pos rep like Hulkamania NOW!
Brobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ressy
^^^
I heard about it as well...
Are you sure it's going to be a 4.0?

Old 03-27-2011, 11:00 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by d3a
4.0 RS and 997 turbo 918 spyder will be not the latest version of 997... we will see also 997 based on Carrera 4 called Silver after black...
HAHA, seriously? Someone please repost that picture of porsche milking the 911 cow.

Old 03-27-2011, 02:13 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ressy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Brobbins016
Are you sure it's going to be a 4.0?
Sorry I have not properly quoted...
I meant that I have known (and posted here around) about the Silver Edition for few months...
I think it will be based on the "usual" 997 with 3.8L engine..

As far as the LE is concerned according to my sources it will be "more" than a GT3RS with bigger engine...
In fact they insist on a look very close to the RSR one...
But again: having not seen myself I can only report the message...

Old 03-27-2011, 02:15 PM
sean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond repute
Are you sure your contact just didn't see an rsr?

Old 03-27-2011, 02:22 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by sean73T
Are you sure your contact just didn't see an rsr?
Of course I cannot be 100% sure, but he is VERY (and I really mean VERY!!)high placed at Porsche Italy. I assume he knows very well what he see/says... I am pretty confident...
Guys... 10 days to go for the final answer...

Old 03-27-2011, 02:28 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by A430v
Booooo, all this hype for 485 hp and 8,500 redline? Might rethink my order. Come on Porsche, let the Metzer block go with a bang, don't hold back!!! <frustrated>!
if true this makes more sense imo \/

Excellence :: Hello, 8800 RPM : 2010 GT3 3.8 vs. GT3 RS 3.9

Old 03-27-2011, 02:43 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Sharkwerks 3.9 conversion seems like the best option these days!

Quick Reply: GT3RS 4.0 Limited Edition - Official Information Thread!