Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3RS 4.0 Limited Edition - Official Information Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 02:06 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by hesperus
the Porsche importer here in my country just got an allocation of 3 units of the RS LE.

haven't gotten details on the car, but after getting only two GT2 RS' out of their request for five units, they were able to get 3 of the LE apparently.
good to see you posting again

Old 03-20-2011, 02:27 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Only a street RSR would bring back the pride many feel the brand lost over the years...

Old 03-20-2011, 02:42 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
I think Porsche should go back to offering a basic, stripped car that you can build up from there. Say, a basic Carrera spec engine/suspension/brakes, door cards, standard (non-electric) seats, basic (or no) radio, etc. I'd add the most potent engine/suspension/brakes, sport buckets, A/C, and not much else... The car would be most like a current GT3, but probably around $85K with no frills or nonsense. THEN Porsche will be going the direction I'd like.

Think that's not feasible? That's precisely how they sold 911s in the late '60s to mid '70s.
Exactly. And call it the Carrera R . We should mae a TS petiton saying we don't want the Cajun. No one will buy it. Use the expanded Leipzig production facility for a new 928. And then will petion them to ditch the GTS and give us a Boxster Spyder type Carrera. Maybe they'll listen? Notice almost every Porsche owner wants a new 928, and hardly ANY want a Cajun. Sorry for OT.

Old 03-20-2011, 02:58 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by Carrara
Exactly. And call it the Carrera R . We should mae a TS petiton saying we don't want the Cajun. No one will buy it. Use the expanded Leipzig production facility for a new 928. And then will petion them to ditch the GTS and give us a Boxster Spyder type Carrera. Maybe they'll listen? Notice almost every Porsche owner wants a new 928, and hardly ANY want a Cajun. Sorry for OT.
The trend lately has been revolutions, not petition you up for it? Hahaha
The Cajun that's the mini cayenne I'm guessing... SO MANY will buy it... Porsche is surely on track commercially and financially... But poising the purists... A nice idea would be an Exclusive type division, strictly for purists, but not necessarily RS, where people can feel special, order unique cars, without shelling an arm and a leg for it, as described above, the 911 R... And the 928 is making a comeback, as a coupe panamera, probably priced along a bentley GT... And sorry, but I would surely get the bentley in that case, made under the same roof!!!

Old 03-20-2011, 09:51 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Well, who knows what they'll do. While your right about Porsche moving slightly more mainstream, they are already far enough upmarket that it doesn't matter. Anyone who thinks the Panamera or Cayenne is just a mainstream luxo-bag piece of overweight junk, they're wrong. While still heavy, the Cayenne has lost a lot of weight, and will only get slimmer. Plus, the Turbo model is about as quick as a C4S! In a book about the Panamera, Porsche states that they have no experience in building big heavy sedans which is fortunate. In the book they state that luxury cars are about getting a nice smooth quite ride with no engine noise to your destination. They say, they beg to differ. Engine noise in the car is a very important part in the Panamera when necessary. Both are as sporty as can be. While the Panamera is still a fat heavy car, I guarantee you that the 971 generation will lose a lot of weight. You're most likely right that the Cajun will sell. I'm sure it will be a very fast and sporty SUV. A new 928 is what we need though. Porsche really needs to build that. If the Panamera Turbo already does under 8:00 at the Nuerburgring, imagine what a new 928 could do.

Back to the GT3 RS 4.0, I just want to say (before all of the hate for too many variants follows after the debut), there aren't too many 911 variants. IMHO, a whole bunch of 911 variants is apart of the 911's character. There is nothing wrong with it. If you think there is something wrong with it, just look to Porsche's 911 past! There have ALWAYS been a large amount of variants of 911s. With the 964 you had:

Carrera 2
Carrera 2 Cabriolet
Carrera 2 Cabriolet "Turbo-Look"
Targa 2
Carrera 4
Carrera 4 30 Jahre 911
Carrera 4 Cabriolet
Carrera 4 RS
Targa 4
Speedster
American Roadster
RS 3.6
RS 3.8
RS America
Turbo 3.3
Turbo 3.6
Turbo 3.3 S
Turbo 3.6 S
Turbo S Flachbau

I'm sure there are a few other, but look at all of those variants! It's just apart of the 911's character to have a bunch of variations.

Old 03-21-2011, 04:55 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Half of those 964 variants are very special very limited production cars... Personally I don't mind the number of variants on a 911, I just consider them to be pre-packaged cars... I think it's the ever expanding range of Porsche models that is upsetting so many... The panamera, next the Cajun, a coupe panamera (a cabrio one!!!), the sub-boxster(!!) Porsche stands to have the most comprehensive line of any manufacturer, and that does upset those who consider Porsche = ONLY 911...

Old 03-21-2011, 04:59 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Oh and at the risk of getting slaughtered, I'm one of those even a Carrera GT or 918 don't do it for me... A Porsche to me is a 911 variant

Old 03-21-2011, 10:54 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ressy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by marakji
Oh and at the risk of getting slaughtered, I'm one of those even a Carrera GT or 918 don't do it for me... A Porsche to me is a 911 variant
mmmmmm let me guess which one in particular...

Old 03-21-2011, 01:02 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by Ressy
mmmmmm let me guess which one in particular...
If the LE turns out to be a street RSR, with the rumored PDK "S", limited to not more than 500 units, it sure beats the $1,000,000 918 built in 918 units, most likely expensive to service, crazy to insure, and surely not a daily driver... Today's announcement stole the spotlight but I guess it gives us some juice on this thread to keep us going through June 7th

Old 03-21-2011, 04:42 PM
B7R
Teamspeed's TeamGreen Racer
B7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by marakji
If the LE turns out to be a street RSR, with the rumored PDK "S", limited to not more than 500 units, it sure beats the $1,000,000 918 built in 918 units, most likely expensive to service, crazy to insure, and surely not a daily driver... Today's announcement stole the spotlight but I guess it gives us some juice on this thread to keep us going through June 7th
You mean: April 7th !

Quick Reply: GT3RS 4.0 Limited Edition - Official Information Thread!